Bowie related Doc's ???

Bowie related Doc's ???

July 27th, 2017, 3:17 pm #1

Question for the group:

Dear all,
Does anyone know when the documentaries about Freddie Burretti, Bowie Down Under (Making of Lets Dance), Beside Bowie (Ronson Doc) and the Lyndsay Kemp Story are going to be made available? They have all had showings at festivals to great reaction etc but then total silence.Have Googled and Yahoo'ed to no avail.

Hope someone knows something.

Cheers

Jx

"Like the video films we saw"

July 27th, 2017, 4:36 pm #2

well, "Beside Bowie" was available to watch online for a short period of time...

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/besi ... ets_yanked

July 27th, 2017, 5:04 pm #3

Beside Bowie was shown 27th May on SKYARTS.

July 28th, 2017, 3:09 pm #4

Cheers. Dont have Sky but will try the above link. The others just seem to have vanished which is a shame. Always wanted to know more about Burretti as he seemed an integral part of the Ziggy and later shows. He also seemed to be a good friend of Bowie's. Not many stars take their costume designer with them around the world.

Cheers

Jx

"His name was always Buddy"

August 5th, 2017, 6:02 am #5

Was the Buretti doc ever released?

The Man Who Sewed The World

August 5th, 2017, 2:18 pm #6

Both the Burretti and Lets dance docs just seemed to vanish after their intial showings and publicity push. The Lindsay Kemp film seems to be finished but not available.

I know the Lets Dance (Bowie down under) short doc was looking for finance to turn it into a full length feature doc but heard nothing since.

And wasnt there talk of a full length Tony Visconti doc at some point a few years back? Covering Bowie and Bolan as well as Thin Lizzy and Boomtown Rats etc?

Be good to see any one of the above. Lets hope we get to see all of them

Jx

"hooked to the silver screen"

August 9th, 2017, 9:11 pm #7

The Lets Dance one was only about 8 minutes wasn't it? Make a nice DVD extra but can't see that much appeal on it's own. No idea about the Buretti one.

Personally I'd love to see a substantial Sparky King documentary.

August 11th, 2017, 6:28 pm #8

Question for the group:

Dear all,
Does anyone know when the documentaries about Freddie Burretti, Bowie Down Under (Making of Lets Dance), Beside Bowie (Ronson Doc) and the Lyndsay Kemp Story are going to be made available? They have all had showings at festivals to great reaction etc but then total silence.Have Googled and Yahoo'ed to no avail.

Cheers

Jx

There was another Lindsay Kemp doc from the mid-1990's called TRAVELIN' LIGHT. I think it was made by an Italian guy and was shown at various festivals though never got a widepsread release.

August 13th, 2017, 5:35 am #9

Question for the group:

Dear all,

Cheers

Jx

Happy to be a new BW member.

Amazon.com currently offers for pre-order a DVD/Blu-ray of “Beside Bowie: The Mick Ronson Story” (2 discs, NTSC format). Release date is October 13, 2017. Don’t see a corresponding item at amazon.co.uk.

August 13th, 2017, 6:23 am #10

I guarantee you will love and cherish each documentary. Feel free to ask Paul for his opinion, i dont think he would have posted on his social media about them if they weren't. David Bowie website and all of his social media has featured them too. DO NOT MISS THEM! You will not be disappointed. They are fabulous.

August 14th, 2017, 11:35 am #11

Unfortunately, I missed the big screen networked showing of the Ziggy film, along with the interview with Woody shown before.

Any chance of this being available elsewhere, along with the docs mentioned above.

Of course, like all of us, I am itching to watch the David Hemmings' doc/concert film of the 1978 tour (which I followed), and any other rare unreleased stuff.