Anybody want some Bowie news?

Anybody want some Bowie news?

29 Apr 2012, 00:23 #1

Briefly, he held a little private soiree for his 65th birthday. Ken Scott was there, which ties in with the Ziggy re-issue. According to Ken Scott, Bowie looked in really good health. In otherwords, no strokes, loss of voice, liver failure or anything, so any future rumours which come out in the future can be taken with a pinch of salt. My friend's going to follow it up with Ken and TV, so we might get a glimpse a new album on the horizon.

That's the latest developments, but there'll be more to come, so long as my friend doesn't get fingered for supplying the info to me. Finally, I can't guarantee the veracity of this post, except that saying my friend is a dead, straight up guy, who wouldn't bullshit me.

Mist.

"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, simply surrounded by assholes." - William Gibson.

29 Apr 2012, 00:36 #2

Good news Michael. Thank you

</b>

29 Apr 2012, 07:46 #3

it's a strange situation to say the least, him beiing in Wales and all that (if it was him).

who knows, he might after all have something up his sleeve.
Let's hope your man inside can dig up some real news instead of the same rehash of tosh... would be lovely.

29 Apr 2012, 07:56 #4

thanks for the welcome information Michael.

29 Apr 2012, 07:59 #5

Well, let's see eh?

29 Apr 2012, 11:19 #6

it's a strange situation to say the least, him beiing in Wales and all that (if it was him).

Let's hope your man inside can dig up some real news instead of the same rehash of tosh... would be lovely.
When was dave spotted in wales then?
N

29 Apr 2012, 12:36 #7

We'll certainly keep an ear out for 'any future rumours which come out in the future'.

Sarah

29 Apr 2012, 12:53 #8

N
He was certainly there in late 79, trying to sort out the 'Soldier' LP sessions, which were going badly for Iggy and his band. He helped shape 'Play It Safe' (mostly Iggy's creation, with a rant about certain stars that had be cut from the LP... ).

sorry, you said when was David in Wales.

------------------
The next EMI Expanded Editions:
* What are your hopes for these releases?
* Let's have The Man Who Sold The World with the complete Paris Cinema Studios, Feb 5, 1970 radio concert, and the complete April 1970 radio session. Hunky Dory - add the complete Paris Cinema Studios concert, June 1971 in stereo, from the BBC Stereo Transcription LP if the master is lost!
* Any future live 1974 release MUST include a recording of Drive In Saturday from the early part of the tour, it's classic!
The next DVD release?
* Cracked Actor / Omnibus documentary must be released on DVD!

Recommended:
Tiffiny Townsend | She's Got Issues | The She Creatures | My stuff, if you like bad singing

29 Apr 2012, 13:12 #9

Great news ,if true .

29 Apr 2012, 14:29 #10

Any news is good news.
better to hear the odd rumour than nothing at all.
I would be really worried about Bowie`s future as a musician otherwise.
or to be honest if nothing from the master this year, it seems he has retired.

29 Apr 2012, 17:21 #11

Briefly, he held a little private soiree for his 65th birthday. Ken Scott was there, which ties in with the Ziggy re-issue. According to Ken Scott, Bowie looked in really good health. In otherwords, no strokes, loss of voice, liver failure or anything, so any future rumours which come out in the future can be taken with a pinch of salt. My friend's going to follow it up with Ken and TV, so we might get a glimpse a new album on the horizon.

That's the latest developments, but there'll be more to come, so long as my friend doesn't get fingered for supplying the info to me. Finally, I can't guarantee the veracity of this post, except that saying my friend is a dead, straight up guy, who wouldn't bullshit me.

Mist.

"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, simply surrounded by assholes." - William Gibson.
Thanks Michael, appreciate the news and hope your friend doesn't get into trouble....no names so can't see how he can but you never know in these situations

Fingers crossed something is in the air

Breaking Glass x

29 Apr 2012, 17:30 #12

N
He called in for tea just last week.

---------------------

http://www.helden.org.uk

30 Apr 2012, 16:41 #13

Thanks Michael, appreciate the news and hope your friend doesn't get into trouble....no names so can't see how he can but you never know in these situations

Fingers crossed something is in the air

Breaking Glass x
I think Mist is right. I'm hearing now that the 100 items book is on the back burner, a bigger project is afoot and that an announcement will come in a few months.

30 Apr 2012, 18:31 #14

I do hope there's some truth in these rumours, however the perpetual silence is difficult to ignore

Everybody has a camera now, so how come no recent amateur pictures of him have emerged in such a busy city as NYC?

It would be nice to catch a glimpse just to see he's doing ok.

Having said that, my anticipation still remains intact

Listening to Dalis Car - Ingladaloness

01 May 2012, 02:25 #15

We wait with bated breath and crossed fingers, which is making it hard to get things done.

"With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil; but for good people to do evil, that takes religion." Steven Weinberg
"Schtum!"

01 May 2012, 05:56 #16

it's his master stroke ... he's playing us all ... and we love it ... much better than some mundane tweets about what cereal he likes ... even as an old(er) man he is shrouded in mystery while the anticipation builds ...

2HB

01 May 2012, 06:56 #17

Mist.

That's fantastic to hear. Just knowing he is in good health is enough for me.

01 May 2012, 09:25 #18

I always thought that creative people who make a living from some kind of art don't retire. This is exciting and SO Bowie like, brilliant . . .

01 May 2012, 12:08 #19

David's current status as the Garbo of the music industry has done nothing over the years other than increased his status and mystique. A bit like Lennon in the years 1975-1980. No interviews, occasionally photographed, rumours, silence and more silence. I'm loving it.

Why?

Because in this world of increasing celebrity noise and nonsense where everything, but everything, is out there in the open (no matter how inane and facile) isn't it refreshing to have a hugely influential superstar who quite simply isn't interested at all in that rubbish and prefers, genuinely, to live a quiet life in the shadows with his family.

Kudos to the man.

01 May 2012, 18:14 #20

Doesn't seem two minutes since he was waffling about the Internet and chatting up people like Ronan Keating I agree the silence is bliss !

01 May 2012, 20:15 #21

dash & andy. I am so sick ad nauseum of the twitter/facebook age and the constant torrent of trivia and self promotion. Me me me me me ad infinitum. As John Lennon said "everybody's talking but no one says a word". Less is more and Bowie knows that. Notice he dropped it all when it became increasingly mainstream - just wish he would make that gruesome site flat-line . . .

01 May 2012, 21:03 #22

"Nobody told me there'd be days like these, strange days indeed..."

-----------------------------------------------

01 May 2012, 22:44 #23

indeed!!!!

02 May 2012, 00:51 #24

So do you think Bowie still gets up 6am every morning?When is the last time he left his apartment?Surly a neighbour , doorman ,paparazzi or crazed stalking fan could answer this?

"I Love The Smell Of Adelaide In The Evening"

02 May 2012, 04:59 #25

When is the last time he left his apartment?Surly a neighbour

"He likes being normal, adds the friend. The offers have been eye-watering on the money front, but its never been just about the money with David. He stays up to date with the latest art and fashion trends, but has no desire right now to get back in the swim.:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/da ... lam-157423

02 May 2012, 08:01 #26

Good news Michael. Thank you

</b>

What Sybil said lol

02 May 2012, 09:19 #27

"He likes being normal, adds the friend. The offers have been eye-watering on the money front, but its never been just about the money with David. He stays up to date with the latest art and fashion trends, but has no desire right now to get back in the swim.:

Thank you Michael for the good news.

---
Thank you, Gabe, too.

I don't remember having seen that quite interesting Mirror's article before.

I'm glad to see db runs his life exactly as he wishes.

So, "nothing has changed"... (smile)
Last edited by leoneforfever on 02 May 2012, 09:23, edited 1 time in total.

02 May 2012, 10:29 #28

fab article gabe - thanks for that - love on ya

gorgeousineedya

02 May 2012, 11:52 #29

I do so agree with "Dash Away". Bowie still has that mystery about him after all these years. We are all busy wondering what he is doing and how he spends his days, and yet I am pleased he doesn't tell us! Like many others, I DO need to know he is well and happy, so the odd leak on those matters are very welcome. Thank you Michael.

02 May 2012, 14:36 #30

Fantastic article. I understand that he has taken himself out of the spotlight...but, i would hope that he cared enough about his legacy that he would somehow take the time to see how his material is being repackaged. These re-releases are horrible. Ziggy should have been given the royal treatment.

'You start out wrinkled and you cry...you end up wrinkled and you die.'

03 May 2012, 00:04 #31

@ iggyziggy3 that's what I said to my source, feels as though he is trying to throw us off the trail.

Nice link gabe hadn't seen that before
Last edited by Highway101 on 03 May 2012, 00:07, edited 1 time in total.

03 May 2012, 13:56 #32

there is a website where you can read every famous artists linked to wales, maybe some people saw Bowie there...on a web page

http://www.mysteriesofwales.com/famous.html

03 May 2012, 18:04 #33

I do hope there's some truth in these rumours, however the perpetual silence is difficult to ignore

Everybody has a camera now, so how come no recent amateur pictures of him have emerged in such a busy city as NYC?

It would be nice to catch a glimpse just to see he's doing ok.

Having said that, my anticipation still remains intact

Listening to Dalis Car - Ingladaloness
my thinking exactly Dandyfield. Why not even a crappy pic from nyc?

03 May 2012, 20:17 #34

@ iggyziggy3 that's what I said to my source, feels as though he is trying to throw us off the trail.

Nice link gabe hadn't seen that before
I find that odd in the context of the Joneses' modernistic kitchen, but I never expected him to buy a Rubens, either.

"With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil; but for good people to do evil, that takes religion." Steven Weinberg
"Schtum!"