Kill Team Campaign

A forum for ongoing and past campaigns. Both GW and player creations

Kill Team Campaign

Demic
Captain
Demic
Captain

Jan 2 2014, 12:17 PM #1

So as I mentioned somewhere else, i'm planning on running a KillTeam campaign to expand my local gaming group with a mix of new and more experienced players. This should be a good laugh, but i've hit on a small problem: I'm not entirely sure how to run one.

I've found a Kill Team rule set we're all happy with (http://heralds-of-ruin.blogspot.co.uk/p ... rules.html), i'm just not sure about how to go about pairing up matches for games- should I use a map? Draw random pairings? Or make a table so everyone gets to play everyone else once?

There should be about 6 or 7 of us playing, including 2 fairly new guys to the game.

Any advice welcome!

Pledge 2014: 0/16 IG, 1/9 SM, WDL 3-0-1/26 Games Played

TOAME
Trainee
TOAME
Trainee

Jan 15 2014, 04:44 PM #2

I've never run a kill team campaign but I have been part of one. We used to official GW rules and they were actually a blast to play. Kill team games are so short its easy to fit several one-on-ones in a couple of hours.

If you don't want to use GW rules its still worth checking out their rules for 'your leader'. 2d6 plus the number kills your leader personally made and consult a table. You can gain special rules, increase stats etc. which really helped to link all the games together and 'Forge the narrative' of your hero.

You don't need more than three different scenarios at most I would say depending on ow varied the teams are no game would be the same anyway. Then at the end of the day you can add up victory points and decide who won. Then based on that we played an all v all with the turn order decided by who had done then best. Winner going first then runner up and so on with the loser going last.

Just some ideas.