Idea To Stop Bots

For complaints, praise, or even just a suggestion, post it here.

Idea To Stop Bots

Sigma
Brigadier General
Sigma
Brigadier General

30 Jul 2015, 09:58 #1

A forum which I have recently joined has a thing in place to prevent all new users from posting links that take users away from the domain until a week has elapsed. I presume this is an anti-bot measure as I can see no other use. However, it's a ForumMotion board and not invisionfree.

I have no clue about forum coding and such but I am wondering if it is possible to do that sort of thing here. I'm not an Admin so I have no idea what levels of access Admins have nor do I know what options invisionfree provides.

However, I'm posting here so that both staff and members can provide some input, expertise, advice on this issue of bots.

In the past, we'd send the bot threads to a trash topics archive since they were pretty few. Given the increased bot spam, I've just been deleting bot threads and reserving the trashed topics for threads in which things started got out of hand between members.

I welcome all ideas and suggestions, even if we can't do them.
Mothegreat wrote: And Sigma kicks our asses in one paragraph. The End.

05 Aug 2015, 19:10 #2

It looks like there are anti-bots measures for invision out there, we just need to install. But as I am not an Admin. its up tp them.

Be my my mirror, my sword and shield... my missionary in a foreign field