A Series Of Unrelated Thoughts Vi

Talk about anything here

A Series Of Unrelated Thoughts Vi

Torquemada
Colonel

04 Jul 2013, 05:59 #1

Huzzah, by trickery and deceit, I'm first! Congratulations on signing-that-long-and-complicated-paper-day America! Ironically, it's a national mourning day here, because for a weird reason, they picked 4th of July as the national Holocaust remembrance day.

Also, do we have any SoB players here? Thinking of taking them as allies, being told by friends that they are s*** for competitive play these days.

Zdog
Colonel
Zdog
Colonel

04 Jul 2013, 14:26 #2

Given that bolt weapons should be relatively recoil-less and that their wielders are generally of above average strength it makes sense still. Plus the whole carrying a sword in the other hand thing. If you aren't close enough to want to have the sword out too, you are probably shooting the wrong weapon.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Look! I have an avatar now! :P

Makoto
Brigadier General
Makoto
Brigadier General

04 Jul 2013, 14:36 #3

Shouldn't those threads end at 50 pages, rather than 34?

Oh well, the Emperor provides His faithfull.
Falken95th @ Jul 3 2013, 11:33 PM wrote:I did, however, think that The Outcast Dead was worse than The First Heretic in the HH series.  Then again, I dislike most of the novels in the series that DONT progress the actual story of the Heresy.
Outcast... had imo one significant advantage ofer the Heretic: McNeil managed not to portray literally everyone, Emperor included, as cretins who, on their brightest day, intelectually rival a drunken, concussed ogryn.

I mean I can live with characters making mistakes, or doing stupid things because hormones/insufficient data/religion, or book meandering about things very loosely connected to main plot, but I can't stand author using "because everyone is an idiot" as an excuse for everything.

Also, on second thought, my opinion about the second part of the Raiders just might come from comparision between excellent beginning and the horrible rest.
The correct answer is: Because that is our job

I sometimes question my sanity. Occasionally it replies.

Torquemada
Colonel

04 Jul 2013, 16:15 #4

In my day it was 30 pages, that's why I made this :(

Wolfman Walt
Colonel

04 Jul 2013, 21:58 #5

Torquemada @ Jul 4 2013, 11:15 AM wrote: In my day it was 30 pages, that's why I made this :(
Only arbitrarily. I always intended for it to go as far as it went when I started it. I really never understood why to even bother "starting" a new one.

Proper pistol stance with two hands is not only about controlling recoil - it's also there to aid in accuracy. I can hit my target perfectly well with a .22 or a 5.7, which are virtually recoiless, while single handling it. I can also do the same with a .357, which has a hell of a lot more recoil. I'd still rather use two hands. It's just something really weird that (as mentioned) the only models I've ever seen that has someone using two hands with a pistol are Necromunda models. Beyond that, I can't really think of any artwork that displays it. With that said - Space Marines make sense since they're no longer human, so applying human ideas such as "Proper Stance" aren't really applicable.
The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'no.'

Commissars - When there's something scary at the front, put something even scarier at the back.

Garak
Major

05 Jul 2013, 04:52 #6

Between their insane strength and the power armor, Astartes really couldn't care less about recoil, I think. And I doubt laspistols pack much of a recoil.
It's a good day for some other fragger to die.

Laschea
Private
Laschea
Private

05 Jul 2013, 11:13 #7

So, off topic for a second-I've been catching up on all my 40k news and articles and things I missed over the last couple of months, and I found this. Miniwargaming.com put out a good video a while back explaining most of the GW policy changes.

I know that the speculation and such is usually frowned upon-but these guys actually read the reasoning and changes off of the official letter they were sent as a GW retailer.

Its a long video, but I found it very informative.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnPpfs120DA

Mothegreat
Colonel

06 Jul 2013, 10:00 #8

Well, that was a depressing twenty minutes of youtube...
Mothegreat @ Apr 5 2010, 12:57 AM wrote:I not gonna lie. I want to punch everyone.
D503 @ Apr 5 2010, 11:25 PM wrote:Technically, fisting is not punching
Captain Mike @ Jul 12 2010, 10:00 PM wrote:Boot camp... it's more that crack den from Platoon.

Wolfman Walt
Colonel

06 Jul 2013, 13:15 #9

Mothegreat @ Jul 6 2013, 05:00 AM wrote:Well, that was a depressing twenty minutes of youtube...
This.
The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'no.'

Commissars - When there's something scary at the front, put something even scarier at the back.

Mothegreat
Colonel

07 Jul 2013, 01:40 #10

On an unrelated note, any of you backing the Raging Heroes kickstarter?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lou ... the-galaxy

I'm having trouble deciding what to get... get some for Valhallans or get some for Digga babes...

Just noticed that it got mentioned in the last thread, whatever, which one should I choose guys?!
Mothegreat @ Apr 5 2010, 12:57 AM wrote:I not gonna lie. I want to punch everyone.
D503 @ Apr 5 2010, 11:25 PM wrote:Technically, fisting is not punching
Captain Mike @ Jul 12 2010, 10:00 PM wrote:Boot camp... it's more that crack den from Platoon.

Marshal Argos
Lieutenant Colonel
Marshal Argos
Lieutenant Colonel

07 Jul 2013, 14:47 #11

Mothegreat @ Jul 7 2013, 03:40 AM wrote: On an unrelated note, any of you backing the Raging Heroes kickstarter?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lou ... the-galaxy

I'm having trouble deciding what to get... get some for Valhallans or get some for Digga babes...

Just noticed that it got mentioned in the last thread, whatever, which one should I choose guys?!
I chose the option to get 4... that way I still have a few days to think about the specific models while they get the survey ready...

Garak
Major

08 Jul 2013, 05:18 #12

I got the basic troops + troop command for the Krieg ... I mean Iron Empire chicks. I've got a looooong list of what I want from them but this is all I can afford right now.
It's a good day for some other fragger to die.

Wodon, the War god
Brigadier General
Wodon, the War god
Brigadier General

08 Jul 2013, 14:59 #13

Too much options. Head go boom.

Even the Arty is striking.
Imperial Navy - Because Close Air Support and Friendly Fire should be easier to tell apart.

Torquemada
Colonel

08 Jul 2013, 15:02 #14

Does anyone here know a good site that makes punisher turrets of some some sort? There muat be prettr gatling turrets from 3rd parties, because I can't get the official ones without buying the whole tank.

Zdog
Colonel
Zdog
Colonel

09 Jul 2013, 00:50 #15

I want to get them to mix into my army, but they'll make my cadians looks bad :(
There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Look! I have an avatar now! :P