karendawn
Thoroughly Obsessed
karendawn
Thoroughly Obsessed

8:04 PM - Feb 22, 2007 #11

SandDanz wrote: I'm just wondering, do we really need to spend the money on alternate domains or should we just save the money to go towards upgrades and such? Just my opinion.
If we have money, I'd much rather see upgrades than alternate domains.

CheriePie
Beyond Obsessed
CheriePie
Beyond Obsessed

10:09 PM - Feb 22, 2007 #12

Okay, I'm with ya all here. Was just throwing it out there... mostly for those for whom English isn't their native language.

I was always a good speller myself and won a few spelling bees so except for just the typo aspect of it, oh and the fact that it's bookmarked anyway, I don't think it's a necessity. :)

Thanks for the opinions! :)

PepperVL
Beyond Obsessed
PepperVL
Beyond Obsessed

10:47 PM - Feb 22, 2007 #13

The other thing that I'd like to point out is that we can all LEARN how to spell obsessed correctly.

Sure, some of us might have difficulty, particularly those of us who don't speak English as a first language, but I have confidence that everyone can get it. :)

After all, it's no harder than some of the user names we've picked.

I have a friend on LiveJournal whose user name is nuingiliath. We've been friends for years and years now, since before either of us got an LJ... and when she first got her LJ, I had SO MUCH trouble spelling her user name. She was constantly commenting in entries or IMing me and saying "Honey, that's not how you spell my user name." I swear, every time I wanted to reference her in an entry, I'd have to open a separate window (as this was before the wonders of tabbed browsing) and look at my user info to copy the spelling of her user name if I wanted to get it right.

And then one day, I just typed it and after I posted, I realized that I hadn't checked it, but it looked right so I clicked. Lo and behold, it took me to her journal. I'd learned how to spell it without even realizing it.

So while people might type "obssessed" or "obsesed" or "obssesed" on public computers for a while, they'll eventually get it right... and then they'll be all gleeful and happy 'cause they learned something new.

Or maybe that's just me and I should probably stop posting while on the medication.

cheesygiraffe
Beyond Obsessed
cheesygiraffe
Beyond Obsessed

10:52 PM - Feb 22, 2007 #14

Yep I agree Pepper. About learning how to spell it not that you shouldn't post while on medication. ;) :lol:

Xeyra
Exceedingly Obsessed
Xeyra
Exceedingly Obsessed

11:18 PM - Feb 22, 2007 #15

And you know, the moment you bookmark it and go to the forum from your bookmark, you won't even have the need to type it. ;)

PepperVL
Beyond Obsessed
PepperVL
Beyond Obsessed

2:31 AM - Feb 23, 2007 #16

Xeyra wrote: And you know, the moment you bookmark it and go to the forum from your bookmark, you won't even have the need to type it. ;)
Yes, but some of us like to come here from computers that are not our own... in which case we do need to know how to spell it.

SciFisstrs
Exceedingly Obsessed
SciFisstrs
Exceedingly Obsessed

7:10 AM - Feb 23, 2007 #17

Yay a new name :D :bananadance:

Breeze
Thoroughly Obsessed
Breeze
Thoroughly Obsessed

1:07 PM - Feb 23, 2007 #18

Right now I'd just be happy to see a child using obsessed in their vocabulary regardless of how the spell it! :lol:

PepperVL
Beyond Obsessed
PepperVL
Beyond Obsessed

4:32 PM - Feb 23, 2007 #19

Breeze144 wrote: Right now I'd just be happy to see a child using obsessed in their vocabulary regardless of how the spell it! :lol:
Hmmmm...

I'm not so sure how I feel about that one.

On the one hand, large vocabularies are good.

On the other, obsessed generally doesn't have a positive connotation...

BruceAlexander
Newly Obsessed
BruceAlexander
Newly Obsessed

2:11 AM - Feb 24, 2007 #20

I LOVE the name. It's so appropriate. Kudos to the brains that thought it up!