Pick it for me - October 2018

shaunesay
Beyond Obsessed
shaunesay
Beyond Obsessed

Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:05 am #1

🎃 Welcome to the October 2018 edition of "Pick it for me!" 🎃

Having trouble deciding what to read next? Want someone else to decide for you?  This is the place, we are here for each other!

Each month we'll randomly pair up and choose a book for each other to read, from a list that each of us decides on!  You can choose your list any way you like, and have as many or as few on it as you want!  Okay, well, you have to have at least 2 on it, or really, there's no choice, right? ;)  Maybe you have books for a challenge you can't decide between, or you don't know what to buy yourself next, or you want to read a mystery but don't know which one, these are just a few ideas, you can put whatever you want on your list!  

How does it work?

1. Sign up  - Tell us you're interested, I'll list your name here in the beginning post.  There is no limit to number of people, and it doesn't matter if it's even or odd, I'll randomly assign partners, for example, I may pick for Cheesy, but Lemmy will pick for me. Sign up by September 21st

2. Prepare your List - you can make a goodreads shelf, use your TBR bookcrossing shelf, list titles in your sign up post, however you want to do it, however many books you want, from 2 on up to a million (though I'm guessing your partner may not look through your whole list in that case! ;) ) -- once you decide, post in your signup post a link to the shelf you want to use, or just the names of the books in your post, and I will put a link to your list by your name in the sign up post.  If you make your list in your post, please do include title and author of each book so your partner won't have any problem knowing which book you mean.

3. Check in on September 22nd (if I'm on top of things) to find out who your partner is and choose a book for them!  Post a comment saying who you are choosing a book for, and why you choose that one (pretty cover, you read it and liked it, you're interested in it, you like werewolves, etc.)  I encourage posting cover pictures of what you choose for your partner, we like covers, they're so pretty!  Please check in and choose a book for your partner by October 1st!

4. Read your book!  If you want to, no pressure, mostly we just like looking at each others books and picking them out, it's kind of like shopping, and it usually adds to our own wishlists! ;)  

5. Come back any time later and let us know what you thought of your book, if you want, or don't worry about it if you don't want to.  No pressure to do anything!  No books owed, just fun and looking at books!

That's it!  Sound fun?  Let's give it a try!

Please confirm that you are taking part in the October round, and also check the link for your list to make sure I have the correct one and that your list is updated!  Thanks!

* = did not check in previous rounds
s = checked in to skip

Chooser: Choosing for: Title Chosen
1. Cheesygiraffe (cheesy's pick it for me list) -
2. Kathyb (Kathy's Pick it for Me)
3. Lemonitsa (Lemmy's List)
4. Itpdx (Itpdx's Pick it For Me List)
5. Dancing-Dog (Margaret's pick a book list)
6. GateGypsy ( GG's Pick-It-For-Me )
7. Teachie (Teachie's pick it for me)
8. Azuki (Azuki's List)
9. Tribefan (Tribefan's List)
10. Nimrodiel (nimrodiel's pick it for me list) 2015 or earlier please
11. Shaunesay (Shaunesay's List)
Not playing this time See you next time! ---
** 12. Zosime (zosime's pick it for me)
** 13. Kiri (Kiri's Pick it for me list)
*** 14. Tsjara (Tsjara's list)

nimrodiel
Exceedingly Obsessed
nimrodiel
Exceedingly Obsessed

Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:03 am #2

I'm going to skip this round again

KathyB
Absolutely Obsessed
KathyB
Absolutely Obsessed

Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:51 am #3