NEW M-BAG PARTNERS

CheriePie
Beyond Obsessed
CheriePie
Beyond Obsessed
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:53 pm

Sat May 26, 2007 9:26 am #1

It was recommended we start a new list rather than add to/edit Rosie's previous list prior to the rate increases so here it is. With new rates come new rules... and thus a new thread as well. :tada:

NOTE: Due to USPS Postal Rate increases and the elimination of Surface Mail for International shipments, the costs of M-Bags have increased significantly. Since the amount to be included with each parcel you send for an M-Bag may differ from country to country, the required amount you must send along with your book(s) is given next to each listing.

If you're sending more than one book, have a scale, and wish to calculate how much to enclose based on weight, then please always round UP to the next nearest whole dollar amount.
  • Cosmic-gin (AU) organized by Needmorezoloft - $5 per pound (or use $3/paperback and $5/hardcover)
  • Kislany (CY) organized by BookMooch Mary (details here) - $2 per mass market paperback, $3 per trade paperback or hardcover
  • Amberkatze/Rianonne (Austria) organized by KathyB - $3 per pound (or use $2/paperback and $3/hardcover) Last mbag mailed 11/12/09
  • luckaye (QLD, AU) organized by Azuki - $5 per pound (or use $3/paperback and $5/hardcover)
  • bluejazzyfish (UK) organized by elsi - $3 per pound (or use $3/hardcover, $2/paperback)
  • VeganMedusa (NZ) organized by chambejd - $5 per pound (or use $3/paperback and $5/hardcover)
  • Xeyra/Butterfly-noir (PT) organized by PepperVL - $3 per pound (or use $2/paperback and $3/hardcover)
  • Candy-is-dandy/Teachie (UK) organized by appaloosatb - $3 per pound (or use $2/paperback and $3/hardcover)


Handy Tip: Keep an online shared list between sender and recipient, someplace like Zoho Planner or BackpackIt, to keep track of books coming and going.
Quote
Like
Share

CheriePie
Beyond Obsessed
CheriePie
Beyond Obsessed
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:53 pm

Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:55 pm #2

M-bag Tips:
  • Create a online shared list at Backpack. Then either the m-bag sender or recipient can add to the list the books they're expecting and from whom. These can then be checked off as they arrive. When it's time to ship the bag out, just enclose a print out of the Backpack list in the box and voila :tada: there's your packing slip too.

    It's much easier to track the books as you go instead of trying to list them all at the end. Also, by listing them as people say they're going to send them, you can easily spot if there was anything that was sent but never arrived on your end and follow up as necessary. Same if there's still any books "in transit" when you're ready to send the m-bag on it's way.
Quote
Like
Share

Amberkatze
Beyond Obsessed
Amberkatze
Beyond Obsessed
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:00 pm

Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:27 pm #3

CheriePie wrote: At Candy's request, I'm now running an M-Bag for Candy-is-dandy and Teachie too. Info added to the post above.
Wow!!! You are going to have a full house of books!

Thanks again for organising the bag for me! and also for the others! It is great that there are such nice generous people out there! :luv: :kiss:
Quote
Like
Share

CheriePie
Beyond Obsessed
CheriePie
Beyond Obsessed
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:53 pm

Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:50 pm #4

Amberkatze wrote: Wow!!!  You are going to have a full house of books!
Heh, fortunately I've got both an office and a spare bedroom upstairs so books don't take over our living space. As if they haven't already... :lol:

Actually there's a nice side benefit to all this too. If one of y'all wins a book I had my eye on in a swap, and whomever is sending it decides to send it to me for the M-Bag, then I can try to sneak it into my own reading queue while it's waiting here. :D Of course, if it's a series book, I'd have to be caught up on that particular series and not have a lot of "back issues" to catch up on first. But for when that's not the case, it just may come in handy. :whistle:
Quote
Like
Share

zzz
Absolutely Obsessed
zzz
Absolutely Obsessed
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:18 pm

Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:22 pm #5

CheriePie wrote: Heh, fortunately I've got both an office and a spare bedroom upstairs so books don't take over our living space....
a spare bedroom?
Hmmm....
Quote
Like
Share

CheriePie
Beyond Obsessed
CheriePie
Beyond Obsessed
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:53 pm

Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:25 pm #6

zzz wrote:
CheriePie wrote: Heh, fortunately I've got both an office and a spare bedroom upstairs so books don't take over our living space....
a spare bedroom?
Hmmm....
C'mon over! I'd love to have you as a house guest if you decide to visit the US. :w00t:

Just know that I'm not in Boston proper, but 13 miles (21 km) north of the city. So if you want to jaunt around in the city, you need to drive in or take the train. Not a problem of course, but just thought I'd mention it in case you were thinking I lived like right in downtown Boston or something. I'm in da burbs baby! (burbs = suburbs)
Quote
Like
Share

teachie
Exceedingly Obsessed
teachie
Exceedingly Obsessed
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:07 am

Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:24 pm #7

Thanks for running the M-bag for us Cheriepie, it is very kind of you.
I met up with Candy-is Dandy at the Uncon and collected my M-bag books. I now have a few more added to my wish-list to complete the series I have had sent over. Looks like I will need to keep my eyes open for bookshops when I come to Canada in July. (At least now I have an excuse to buy more books!)

hugs

Vanda/teachie
Quote
Like
Share

zzz
Absolutely Obsessed
zzz
Absolutely Obsessed
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:18 pm

Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:15 am #8

CheriePie wrote: Just know that I'm not in Boston proper, but 13 miles (21 km) north of the city.  So if you want to jaunt around in the city, you need to drive in or take the train.  Not a problem of course, but just thought I'd mention it in case you were thinking I lived like right in downtown Boston or something.  I'm in da burbs baby!  :P  (burbs = suburbs)
burbs is best. I live almost in the wood myself (it's a HUGE wood). Indeed it is 30-45 min by bus from the city center or 10 min by train/metro but you definitively don't have that impression here. During the night I'm listening nightingales and of course in the morning bunch of other birds (sometimes that's quite annoying) :)
Quote
Like
Share

CheriePie
Beyond Obsessed
CheriePie
Beyond Obsessed
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:53 pm

Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:54 pm #9

zzz wrote:
CheriePie wrote: Just know that I'm not in Boston proper, but 13 miles (21 km) north of the city.  So if you want to jaunt around in the city, you need to drive in or take the train.  Not a problem of course, but just thought I'd mention it in case you were thinking I lived like right in downtown Boston or something.  I'm in da burbs baby!  :P  (burbs = suburbs)
burbs is best. I live almost in the wood myself (it's a HUGE wood). Indeed it is 30-45 min by bus from the city center or 10 min by train/metro but you definitively don't have that impression here. During the night I'm listening nightingales and of course in the morning bunch of other birds (sometimes that's quite annoying) :)
LOL :lol: yup, I love falling asleep (especially in the summer) to the night birds and waking up to them as well. Though more often than not, I'm waking up to a lawn mower or some neighbor banging away on their house! :bash: But then again, you know the hours I keep. :cool2:
Quote
Like
Share

azuki
Exceptionally Obsessed
azuki
Exceptionally Obsessed
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:52 pm

Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:25 pm #10

Just to say that if someone needs an M Bag, I'd be more than happy to organize one for somebody. :kiss:
Quote
Like
Share