Beyond Obsessed

Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:34 pm #11

Nope still hasn't changed. Ugh! :cry:

CheriePie
Beyond Obsessed
CheriePie
Beyond Obsessed

Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:45 pm #12

Okay I'm attaching a screen cap of my browser window. Do you see where location is? Is it possible your screen somehow does not have enough room to fit it in there, perhaps due to font size or something like that?

I just wanted you to see what it's supposed to look like, and the fact that there's some spacing before it too, because maybe it's not fitting in what space you have for some reason.

cheesygiraffe
Beyond Obsessed
cheesygiraffe
Beyond Obsessed

Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:53 pm #13

I guess because my sigs were off is why it didn't show the location. Weird....
ETA:
I can them now with sigs on but if I turn them back off then I can't.

CheriePie
Beyond Obsessed
CheriePie
Beyond Obsessed

Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:01 pm #14

Ahhh so that's the trick... thanks! I'll edit the top post to let peeps know they must have siggies turned on to view them. I guess because this is a modification and not something that could easily be turned on or off via the Admin CP, it has to be treated as a signature. So I appreciate your help in figuring this out. I only wish it was as easy as it seemed. I mean... since the location field was already there to begin with, you'd think that the invisionfree people would give you a way to choose which fields you want to display with your post without having to jump through hoops to accomplish it! *sigh*

So in your case, it might be good to enable sigs for swaps since you usually want to see signatures then anyway, and that's when the location field is most useful.

Thanks sweetie my strange-ness! :kiss:

cheesygiraffe
Beyond Obsessed
cheesygiraffe
Beyond Obsessed

Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:27 pm #15

You're welcome my freaky geek. :kiss:
Oh btw the forum keep timing out for 30 mins! :(

PepperVL
Beyond Obsessed
PepperVL
Beyond Obsessed

Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:33 pm #16

Cherie,

In the old forum I could see them without having sigs tuned on. I don't know if that was because it was paid or not... but it might be soemthing to look into someday.

CheriePie
Beyond Obsessed
CheriePie
Beyond Obsessed

Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:08 pm #17

PepperVL wrote: Cherie,

In the old forum I could see them without having sigs tuned on. I don't know if that was because it was paid or not... but it might be soemthing to look into someday.
Right! I'm not positive why the free version doesn't give us the option to do it in the Admin Control Panel, but my guess is that if it's enabled for one forum, it'll have to be enabled for all forums on that server, not just us BookObsessers or whatever we end up calling ourselves. So the invisionfree people are probably just going with the lowest common denominator for the defaults.

Unfortunately, that means that rather than simply tick a button in the Admin CP the way this had to be implemented was via an add-on mod.

It is a kinda sucky solution, I agree, so if anything comes down the road later, you can bet I'll be keeping an eye out for it. :ph34r:

EllyMae58
Exceedingly Obsessed
EllyMae58
Exceedingly Obsessed

Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:04 pm #18

I wish everyone would take advantage of this little item...I hate when I can't figure out where someone is located and their location isn't filled in. :(

Marlene
Absolutely Obsessed
Marlene
Absolutely Obsessed

Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:34 pm #19

CheriePie wrote: I've added a mod that enables the Location field—or any other custom field we may wish to define down the road—to appear with your post. If you look to the left, you'll notice it with mine.  :D
My neck is killing me cherie from looking left :ph34r: :rofl: but I don't see your location.
I do see cheesy's and everyone else that have enabled it.

I agree with kel that people that swap should enable this. do the little step. It would make life much easier.

damn what does mine say?
Not Crazyville still. That could be anywhere. :blush: :lol:

eta; aha I see I had already changed it into Crazyville The Netherlands

CdnBlueRose
Exceedingly Obsessed
CdnBlueRose
Exceedingly Obsessed

Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:35 pm #20

That's right, I'm not seeing yours either, Cherie! :shedevil: