Newly Obsessed

2:10 AM - Jan 12, 2008 #41

CheriePie
Beyond Obsessed
CheriePie
Beyond Obsessed

3:34 AM - Jan 12, 2008 #42

CheriePie wrote:
EllyMae58 wrote: Cherie, could the smilies that first appear in the box (the ones that show up automatically without having to bring up the whole pop up of smilies) be rotated? I've found that most of those smilies I know the codes to use them, but some of the others I don't know them and it's a pain having to scroll down the list trying to find them. I think some don't get used very much mainly because most of us don't use the pop up list, we just use the box to the left 'cause it's convenient. Does that make sense?  At the very least, add the new ones into the box so they can be seen. I only just saw some new ones this morning.

Also, I hate the code for :flasher: I always end up typing :reveal: first!  :rofl:
Yup, I've thought about doing so the other day but haven't been able to find the time to start it cuz I can't be in the middle and leave it. Basically was going to decide which ones to move and then change em all at once.

And I always do the same thing with reveal and flasher? I can list it twice under both codes as an option. But I'm not sure about just taking away the flasher code. Do y'all use it in situations other than swaps where you're used to typing flasher? :shrug:
Actually on rethinking all this, I recall that a lot of the members, even the new ones, didn't realize there were shortcuts for a lot of the smileys. Therefore, we have to remember that the ones we have appear in the clickable box on the side need to be friendly to newbies as well as veterans.

So all I'm saying is just because you know the code for something by heart, doesn't mean that everyone else does. So I do want to leave some of the more general smilies at least on the top line, maybe even the top 2.

As for the rest, feel free to pipe in (one and all) about the ones you think should be moved to the front, as well as which you think should be taken off the front clickable part....

CheriePie
Beyond Obsessed
CheriePie
Beyond Obsessed

5:25 AM - Jan 12, 2008 #43

Any objections to my replacing the current waiting :waiting: with this one?

Or do you like the fact that our current one has a big smile on its face? I figured though, that when you're waiting, you're not really smiling like that, right? But the one we had before that looked angry and that wasn't right either. I think this new one I'm proposing has the right "bored" look.

Only reason I'm asking first is that I think the big smile sometimes makes it so people's feelings aren't hurt if they're the ones being waited for... but I definitely like the 2nd proposed one better, and hope it wouldn't offend people when being used. Thoughts?

cheesygiraffe
Beyond Obsessed
cheesygiraffe
Beyond Obsessed

3:07 PM - Jan 12, 2008 #44

I like the new waiting better the old one is creepy with those fingers being too long.

sejent
Extremely Obsessed
sejent
Extremely Obsessed

3:57 PM - Jan 12, 2008 #45

cheesygiraffe wrote:I like the new waiting better the old one is creepy with those fingers being too long.
:ditto:

CheriePie
Beyond Obsessed
CheriePie
Beyond Obsessed

6:51 PM - Jan 12, 2008 #46

sejent wrote:
cheesygiraffe wrote:I like the new waiting better the old one is creepy with those fingers being too long.
:ditto:
Oh goodie! I'll change it over today then. :thumbsup:

There were a few other new additions added in the last few days as well. I'll go back and edit the first post with those additions later today. :spin: <--- a new fave of mine! LOL

CheriePie
Beyond Obsessed
CheriePie
Beyond Obsessed

9:01 AM - Jan 17, 2008 #47

More new smilies:

changed to new waiting :waiting:

new
:mail: mail
:email: email
:mobile: mobile
:fairy: fairy
:pixie: pixie
:spin: spin
:hmm: hmm
:tease: tease
:birthday: birthday
:cold: cold
:razz: razz
:cook: cook
:silly: silly
:pepper: pepper
:cherry: cherry

I'll add the above to the first post in this thread....

No comment on the other thing I brought up above, about suggestsions for which to move to the front box, huh? Well, you may as well hold off on it for now as I'm going to begin the process of getting us moved over to the new software so I'd rather devote my time to that anyway...

PepperVL
Beyond Obsessed
PepperVL
Beyond Obsessed

12:27 PM - Jan 17, 2008 #48

Is the old woot2 now flip?

EllyMae58
Exceedingly Obsessed
EllyMae58
Exceedingly Obsessed

4:55 PM - Jan 17, 2008 #49

CheriePie wrote: :pixie: pixie

I always think :butterfly: when I see that one. :shrug:

wrote: :cold: cold
Was :brrr: already taken?

elsi
Beyond Obsessed
elsi
Beyond Obsessed

12:26 AM - Jan 18, 2008 #50

I'd really like to see this one added for our Australian (and other southern hemisphere) players.

http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/gen101.gif

And even their own banana dancer:

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/dance015.gif