July is for Fireworks (and RATs!)

GateGypsy
Exceptionally Obsessed
GateGypsy
Exceptionally Obsessed

9:06 PM - Jun 29, 2018 #1

Happy Fireworks Season, my darling BookObsessors! Let us indulge in some beach reads to celebrate the beginning of the summer, and generally have a bunch of fun while we catch up with our reading goals :blowkiss: Anyone is welcome to join in part way though. Just post! You don't even really need to read, if all you want to do is chat with us and hang around B)

1. KathyB
2. CheesyGiraffe
3. nimrodiel
4. azuki
5. Lemonitsa
6. meshe
7. GateGypsy
8. PepperVL
9. dancing-dog
10. Boomda
11. zosime

RAT Spreadsheet
(Thanks KathyB!)

KathyB
Absolutely Obsessed
KathyB
Absolutely Obsessed

9:34 PM - Jun 29, 2018 #2

Finished this morning and started

GateGypsy
Exceptionally Obsessed
GateGypsy
Exceptionally Obsessed

9:44 PM - Jun 29, 2018 #3

:yahoo: So I'm super excited, because I stopped into the library today and my requested copy of Jonny Appleseed by Joshua Whitehead has arrived just in time for this RAT! :dance3: Joshua Whitehead is an Oji-Cree/nehiyaw Two-Spirit/Indigiqueer otacimow from Peguis First Nation (Treaty 1) and a Ph.D. student at University of Calgary.

Besides that, I plan on getting on to Seaweed Under Water (Silas Seaweed #3) by Stanley Evans... And I have a couple Pick-it-for-me reads I may get to. We'll see. Normally I blow through a few audiobooks during a RAT but my phone is broken :cry: so I can't listen to book in my car right now! I'm completely lost. I have to listen to the radio.

GateGypsy
Exceptionally Obsessed
GateGypsy
Exceptionally Obsessed

9:46 PM - Jun 29, 2018 #4

KathyB wrote:Finished this morning and started
Wow, you know how to get off to a running start! I haven't even started a google doc spreadsheet for this yet! :whistle:

... Do you want to build a spreadsheet for me, please? I know how to do it, but I've got kids to pick up from school and groceries to buy and a teenager to take to prom so I'm ... so busy today... If you have the time, that is.

dancing-dog
Exceptionally Obsessed
dancing-dog
Exceptionally Obsessed

10:27 PM - Jun 29, 2018 #5

I'm currently reading this: (had 47 pages read before the RAT)

KathyB
Absolutely Obsessed
KathyB
Absolutely Obsessed

10:31 PM - Jun 29, 2018 #6

GateGypsy wrote:
Wow, you know how to get off to a running start! I haven't even started a google doc spreadsheet for this yet! :whistle:

... Do you want to build a spreadsheet for me, please? I know how to do it, but I've got kids to pick up from school and groceries to buy and a teenager to take to prom so I'm ... so busy today... If you have the time, that is.
Here you go - July RAT Spreadsheet

Let me know if everyone can edit. I think I did that right!

dancing-dog
Exceptionally Obsessed
dancing-dog
Exceptionally Obsessed

10:50 PM - Jun 29, 2018 #7

KathyB wrote:
GateGypsy wrote:

Here you go - July RAT Spreadsheet

Let me know if everyone can edit. I think I did that right!
Yep, I was able to edit it.

cheesygiraffe
Beyond Obsessed
cheesygiraffe
Beyond Obsessed

1:51 AM - Jun 30, 2018 #8

I'm reading Death Bringer by Derek Landry and I'm listening to The Labours of Hercules by Agatha Christie.

nimrodiel
Exceedingly Obsessed
nimrodiel
Exceedingly Obsessed

2:54 AM - Jun 30, 2018 #9

Lets see, Today I finished the last four and a half chapters of As You Wish: Inconceivable Tales from the Making of The Princess Bride by Cary Elwes, Joe Layden
I have I Married the Duke by Katherine Ashe going on my nook

azuki
Exceptionally Obsessed
azuki
Exceptionally Obsessed

3:00 AM - Jun 30, 2018 #10

Hi all! I am reading books from PBS's Great American Read, and am about 3/4 way through

I really like the story. My next book from the list is Wuthering Heights, which I haven't actually read although I know the story. I picked it up from the library today, along with many books I "discovered". I haven't borrowed physical books from the library for months now, have been using their electronic service and am glad not to have to worry about renewing and late fees, so it's not a good idea for me to go home w a pile of books. I have kind of view my late fees as donation for the great service, but still, I can't afford to be too generous.

Also reading for the travelog book box: