Book to Movie

dancing-dog
Exceptionally Obsessed
dancing-dog
Exceptionally Obsessed
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:07 pm

Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:09 pm #1

Saw Ready Player One this afternoon - has anyone else seen it yet? I thought they did a pretty good job. Stayed fairly close to the book just a more condensed story .... What did you think?

Hubby-dog (who did not read the book and is not a gamer) said he found it a little confusing.
Quote
Like
Share

KathyB
Absolutely Obsessed
KathyB
Absolutely Obsessed
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:24 pm

Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:12 pm #2

I am going to go see it next Thursday. I have a date with my son-in-law as my daughter and husband are both not gamers or sci-fi readers, lol.
Quote
Like
Share

nimrodiel
Exceedingly Obsessed
nimrodiel
Exceedingly Obsessed
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2005 5:22 pm

Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:49 pm #3

We are going to go see it this weekend
Quote
Like
Share

GateGypsy
Exceptionally Obsessed
GateGypsy
Exceptionally Obsessed
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 10:19 pm

Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:23 am #4

The GateKeeper is so excited about this movie. He loves the book and has read it several times. He is a little nervous about what they will have had to change to fit it into a movie. I've read the book, too. He wants to take our 7 year old son along, though since he's very young, he obviously won't get all the early gaming references. I think, though, it will still be sufficiently exciting that he'll enjoy it anyway. Not sure when we'll get to it, though. Probably not for another week or so.

Another book-to-movie adaptation I'm excited to see is Wrinkle in Time.
Quote
Like
Share

dancing-dog
Exceptionally Obsessed
dancing-dog
Exceptionally Obsessed
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:07 pm

Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:53 am #5

GateGypsy wrote:The GateKeeper is so excited about this movie. He loves the book and has read it several times. He is a little nervous about what they will have had to change to fit it into a movie. I've read the book, too. He wants to take our 7 year old son along, though since he's very young, he obviously won't get all the early gaming references. I think, though, it will still be sufficiently exciting that he'll enjoy it anyway. Not sure when we'll get to it, though. Probably not for another week or so.

Another book-to-movie adaptation I'm excited to see is Wrinkle in Time.
Yes, there is a lot of action that kids would enjoy.
Quote
Like
Share

KathyB
Absolutely Obsessed
KathyB
Absolutely Obsessed
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:24 pm

Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:21 pm #6

Ok, so Alex and I went to see "Ready Player One" today. I re-listened to it this weekend, so I was all up on how the read. They used a lot of the book, but changed things and left out some of my favorite parts. Overall - a good movie. I liked it - but I still LOVE the book!
Quote
Like
Share

GateGypsy
Exceptionally Obsessed
GateGypsy
Exceptionally Obsessed
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 10:19 pm

Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:33 pm #7

KathyB wrote:Ok, so Alex and I went to see "Ready Player One" today. I re-listened to it this weekend, so I was all up on how the read. They used a lot of the book, but changed things and left out some of my favorite parts. Overall - a good movie. I liked it - but I still LOVE the book!
Could you tell us (maybe behind a spoiler tag) what parts of the book are left out of the film?
Quote
Like
Share

KathyB
Absolutely Obsessed
KathyB
Absolutely Obsessed
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:24 pm

Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:50 pm #8

GateGypsy wrote:
KathyB wrote:Ok, so Alex and I went to see "Ready Player One" today. I re-listened to it this weekend, so I was all up on how the read. They used a lot of the book, but changed things and left out some of my favorite parts. Overall - a good movie. I liked it - but I still LOVE the book!
Could you tell us (maybe behind a spoiler tag) what parts of the book are left out of the film?
Sure you want to know? It was a good movie. The changes they made did not ruin it, just made it different. I'm always a bit disappointed when some of my favorite things about a book are left out of the movie, but such is life.

If you really want to know, I could send you an email.
Quote
Like
Share

dancing-dog
Exceptionally Obsessed
dancing-dog
Exceptionally Obsessed
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:07 pm

Wed May 16, 2018 1:56 am #9

Ok, today I saw A Wrinkle in Time which I think has been out for a while but only just got released here in Memphis last Friday.

I always had mixed feelings about the book although it's been a long time since I read it so I can't really say how true the movie was to the book but I did like (what seemed to me) the modern styling given to it.
It was entertaining I thought although I'm not sure hubby-dog liked it as he feel asleep in the middle and I would say there was too much "dealing with feelings" in this for him.

Has anyone seen this? Your thoughts?
Quote
Like
Share