Best fo 2017 PLAY THREAD

GateGypsy
Exceptionally Obsessed
GateGypsy
Exceptionally Obsessed

2:54 PM - Jan 10, 2018 #1

I'm sure you all know the rules but here they are as stated last year:

the rules:
- the main thing is to offer one of three best books you've read last year ('till 31st Dec) which means :nono: TBRs!
- no genre restriction!
- self revealing and stealing your own book as a tactic move is not allowed.
- providing a list with few titles so that player who ends with it can pick one of those is not allowed.
- 2(3)fers are OK if they are part of series or more/less sequel (and if that one story is the best thing you've read this year and has been told in more than one book) but if they are unrelated please restrain yourself from offering them.
- the swap is over when someone reveals the last unrevealed book.
- it's international (be prepared to ship overseas!) swap with 12 hours rule.
-enjoy!

- an extra info for returnees :p (and newbies): as e-format have emerged don't be surprised if you're offered to chose which format you prefer. That also means if you have read e-book you don't have to buy paper copy prior to swap because maybe the one who ends with it might want to have it also in the e-form. I think physical books are even in minority but no one assumes that everyone has an e-reader.

1. kiri
2. dancing-dog
3. azuki
4. lamelemon
5. *itpdx
6. *GateGypsy
7. *meshe
8. nimrodiel
9. shaunesay
10. Tsjara
11. *HoserLauren
12. zosime

Kiri, you are up first! Who do you want to reveal?

GateGypsy
Exceptionally Obsessed
GateGypsy
Exceptionally Obsessed

3:06 PM - Jan 10, 2018 #2

A couple asides:

There's still time for others to join in. Please post in this thread or PM me if you'd like to hop in, and I'll tack your name to the end of the list! The more the merrier!

Need help formatting your reveal? (I know I tend to forget from year to year!) Check out this post.

Please check in and let us know when your reveal is prepped. I'll put an * next to your name so we know who all is on board.

Want to add a secret move to your signature? Here's how it's done! You can also just PM your moves to other players in other time zones, especially if you want to get tricky :giggle: It helps to tell us who has your moves by updating your signature, too.

Also, I :pm: and msg on FB to Kiri to let her know she's first, as well as :email: I don't think she's in the BO WhatsApp chat group?

ETA: urg. The photo at the top of the thread has been giving me SO MUCH GRIEF. I switched it out for something else, though, fair warning: I may change it again. (yes, I saw the spelling errors. But I'm at work right now and can't spend as much time as I'd like to find a really GOOD picture.)

Kiri
Exceedingly Obsessed
Kiri
Exceedingly Obsessed

7:06 PM - Jan 10, 2018 #3

I'd like to reveal Shaunesay.

I love the picture!

zosime
Exceedingly Obsessed
zosime
Exceedingly Obsessed

7:15 PM - Jan 10, 2018 #4

Yay, we've started! :popcorn:

meshe
Exceedingly Obsessed
meshe
Exceedingly Obsessed

7:21 PM - Jan 10, 2018 #5

and we're off!

meshe
Exceedingly Obsessed
meshe
Exceedingly Obsessed

7:22 PM - Jan 10, 2018 #6

my reveal is ready!!

HoserLauren
Exceptionally Obsessed
HoserLauren
Exceptionally Obsessed

7:39 PM - Jan 10, 2018 #7

Yyaaayy we've started.

GateGypsy
Exceptionally Obsessed
GateGypsy
Exceptionally Obsessed

8:16 PM - Jan 10, 2018 #8

Book in possession
Book revealed
(number of times stolen) = Max 5

You can find revealed books & archived moves HERE

Previous Moves:

Kiri asked shaunie to reveal...??

1. kiri ::::: (~) :::::
2. dancing-dog ::::: (~) :::::
3. azuki ::::: (~) :::::
4. lamelemon ::::: (~) :::::
5. *itpdx ::::: (~) :::::
6. *GateGypsy ::::: (~) :::::
7. *meshe ::::: (~) :::::
8. nimrodiel ::::: (~) :::::
9. shaunesay ::::: (~) :::::
10. Tsjara ::::: (~) :::::
11. *HoserLauren ::::: (~) :::::
12. zosime ::::: (~) :::::

shaunie! Please :flasher: for us!

itpdx
Thoroughly Obsessed
itpdx
Thoroughly Obsessed

8:21 PM - Jan 10, 2018 #9

My reveal is prepared and sent out.

shaunesay
Beyond Obsessed
shaunesay
Beyond Obsessed

9:18 PM - Jan 10, 2018 #10

Shaunesay's Best of 2017 Reveal

The Chilbury Ladies' Choir by Jennifer Ryan

The village of Chilbury in Kent is about to ring in some changes.
This is a delightful novel of wartime gumption and village spirit that will make your heart sing out.

Kent, 1940.

In the idyllic village of Chilbury change is afoot. Hearts are breaking as sons and husbands leave to fight, and when the Vicar decides to close the choir until the men return, all seems lost.

But coming together in song is just what the women of Chilbury need in these dark hours, and they are ready to sing. With a little fighting spirit and the arrival of a new musical resident, the charismatic Miss Primrose Trent, the choir is reborn.

Some see the choir as a chance to forget their troubles, others the chance to shine. Though for one villager, the choir is the perfect cover to destroy Chilbury’s new-found harmony.

Uplifting and profoundly moving, THE CHILBURY LADIES’ CHOIR explores how a village can endure the onslaught of war, how monumental history affects small lives and how survival is as much about friendship as it is about courage.

Shaunie's Note: Though not exactly the same time period/situation, things about it helped fill that Downton Abbey shaped hole in my heart.