Moderator: Marlene

GateGypsy
Exceptionally Obsessed
GateGypsy
Exceptionally Obsessed

Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:55 am #261

HoserLauren wrote:Time to add some books to my wishlist :D
Always, right? B) There's always such an amazing selection of books on offer, so I always add a bunch to my wishlist, too.
Kiri wrote:ok I have some info for everyone.. since the best of swap began and as best I can figure..
We've had 253 books offered in all over 12 years.
Offered in Separate years
I like to think that a lot of "offered in separate years" repeat titles are because someone won the book in the Best Of swap one year and then read it themselves and it ended up their selection the next ;)
dancing-dog wrote:
azuki wrote:Yes, all good things must come to an end, but it's sad nonetheless. Especially when this is pretty much the only swap we have now... :crying: :cryblow:
I had a lot of fun even though I was first out! Um, well, I think we might need to do more swaps! :applause:
I totally agree. I would love to see more swaps, but folks are so busy these days... and I think the cost of shipping really drove down participation. I know Amberkatze and PepperVL and KathyB have all variably tried to pull together genre fans for birthday swaps and things with mixed levels of success. I want to keep the Best Of swap strong, through. It's good to see other threads and events getting good traffic, though, like we have well-attended RATs and the monthly and birthday exchanges are quite healthy. And folks regularly check in on yearly reading goals, series TBR, the perpetual watch-a-thon... and the monthly Pick-It-For-Me has a good following.
Kiri wrote:ok real quick.. we have the following..
Year
No. of Players
[/td]
Total Players over 12 Years
[/center]

I added in 2016 and it's 276 books all told.
2010 was the year my son was born, so 2012 would've been the year I came back to BO because zzz tracked me down on Facebook and told me I had to come back and co-host with him :lol: We'll need to ramp up participation again! Maybe next year I'll start drumming around in the FB group and reminding folks that the swap is coming up in December so more people are thinking of it/prepared when the sign up thread goes up in January.

:grouphug: Thank you all for participating this year, and for the fun chatting, and for bringing your very best to the table! See you all next year (and lots in between times, I hope at RATs and things!) :blowkiss:

azuki
Exceptionally Obsessed
azuki
Exceptionally Obsessed

Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:00 pm #262

I was positive this year's participation is the smallest, and was totally surprised that I was wrong! Hmmm what happened in 2011?

But seeing how it went from 11 to 33 the following year gives me hope. :nod:

I do think we need to recruit more fresh blood, besides trying to lurk old timers back in.

GateGypsy
Exceptionally Obsessed
GateGypsy
Exceptionally Obsessed

Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:46 am #263

My copy of Missoula has arrived in the mail, and I've registered it on bookcrossing already ;) Thanks very much, Meshe!

itpdx
Thoroughly Obsessed
itpdx
Thoroughly Obsessed

Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:12 pm #264

My copy of Sons and Soldiers has arrived from Lauren with a delightful cross stitch bookmark. Thank you. It is going toward the top of my TBR.

BooksnBeer
Exceedingly Obsessed
BooksnBeer
Exceedingly Obsessed

Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:24 pm #265

I am so bummed I missed this. First time in all the years on have been on this site. Any other games planned? I will keep checking.

Tsjara
Extremely Obsessed
Tsjara
Extremely Obsessed

Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:30 pm #266

The Other Alcott arrived a little while back from the bookdepository. Seems like it's the first copy registered at Bookcrossing! Thanks Nim :)