2018 May EMR

KathyB
Absolutely Obsessed
KathyB
Absolutely Obsessed

Tue May 01, 2018 11:16 am #1

Lots and lots of good reading in my mailbox this morning!!

Lemonitsa - received
GateGypsy - received
Shaunesay - received
Nikel
Nimrodiel - received
Zosime - received
Kiri - received
VeganMedusa - received
Butterfly-Noir - received

KathyB
Absolutely Obsessed
KathyB
Absolutely Obsessed

Tue May 01, 2018 11:25 am #2

From GateGypsy I got 2 books from one of my gamer type series (love this author!)

And a surprise Audible

KathyB
Absolutely Obsessed
KathyB
Absolutely Obsessed

Tue May 01, 2018 11:30 am #3

From Shaunesay, I got 2 cozies and a Dali Lama cat!

KathyB
Absolutely Obsessed
KathyB
Absolutely Obsessed

Tue May 01, 2018 11:32 am #4

From Nim, I got the 2nd book in a cozy series by one of my new favorite authors.

KathyB
Absolutely Obsessed
KathyB
Absolutely Obsessed

Tue May 01, 2018 11:36 am #5

Zosime sent me the brand new, book 2 of the Lock In series by John Scalzi, one of my all time favorite Sci-Fi authors!

KathyB
Absolutely Obsessed
KathyB
Absolutely Obsessed

Wed May 02, 2018 12:40 am #6

From Lemonitsa, I got the next book in the cozy mystery written by my friend Miranda (Dean) James!

GateGypsy
Exceptionally Obsessed
GateGypsy
Exceptionally Obsessed

Wed May 02, 2018 11:14 am #7

KathyB wrote:From GateGypsy I got 2 books from one of my gamer type series (love this author!)

And a surprise Audible

I really enjoy Drew Hayes' stuff, too! The Spells, Swords, and Stealth series is my favourite of the two Hayes series I'm reading, though. I get the impression he is moving in the direction of this being a full series, with at least 5 books. He took time out of steady production on this series, though, to write and release more Fred, Super Powereds, and the first in Villain's Code "Forging Hephaestus." Now that all those are published and in the world, I sincerely hope he'll be back to this series and we'll get more titles soon :crossed:

And just so you know, I totally phoned Audible at 2 in the morning to tell them they need to fix gifting, and pronto! :lol: But seriously, Kobna Holbrook-Smith completely nails the narration of this series. I'd almost suggest you re-read Rivers of London (aka Midnight Riot) just because he's so good at it, and his consistency over the length of the series is superior. I've been reading a whole lot of series, and even have other narrators I'm super fond of (Lorelei King, for one!) but I wouldn't necessarily go back and re-listen to them. This one I would.

KathyB
Absolutely Obsessed
KathyB
Absolutely Obsessed

Wed May 02, 2018 12:18 pm #8

GateGypsy wrote:R
KathyB wrote:From GateGypsy I got 2 books from one of my gamer type series (love this author!)

And a surprise Audible

I really enjoy Drew Hayes' stuff, too! The Spells, Swords, and Stealth series is my favourite of the two Hayes series I'm reading, though. I get the impression he is moving in the direction of this being a full series, with at least 5 books. He took time out of steady production on this series, though, to write and release more Fred, Super Powereds, and the first in Villain's Code "Forging Hephaestus." Now that all those are published and in the world, I sincerely hope he'll be back to this series and we'll get more titles soon :crossed:

And just so you know, I totally phoned Audible at 2 in the morning to tell them they need to fix gifting, and pronto! :lol: But seriously, Kobna Holbrook-Smith completely nails the narration of this series. I'd almost suggest you re-read Rivers of London (aka Midnight Riot) just because he's so good at it, and his consistency over the length of the series is superior. I've been reading a whole lot of series, and even have other narrators I'm super fond of (Lorelei King, for one!) but I wouldn't necessarily go back and re-listen to them. This one I would.
I read the first book of Hayes' Super Powereds and really liked it except it was sooooo loooong and the next books in the series are even longer. I love the Fred the Vampire accountant series too.

Who are some of your favorite narrators? I like Luke Daniels, Wil Wheaton, Amanda Ronconi, Kate Reading, and George Guidall just to name a few.

Kiri
Exceedingly Obsessed
Kiri
Exceedingly Obsessed

Thu May 03, 2018 1:07 am #9

Kathy,

Your EME's should be to you by morning.. =)

Kiri

VeganMedusa
Exceedingly Obsessed
VeganMedusa
Exceedingly Obsessed

Thu May 03, 2018 7:11 am #10

I'm a bit busy and distracted at the moment, but should have time to sort things out tomorrow.
I'm super excited to see the sequel to Lock In is out, although Amazon tells me it's not available for me to buy, so I'll just wait for it at the library.
And I went and put some more Drew Hayes books on the wishlist, because I do enjoy Fred and I had no idea he'd written other series. :)