Your Mortasheen Character

The official Mortasheen board!
PS2Gator
Oozing Larva
PS2Gator
Oozing Larva

Aug 13 2014, 03:36 PM #76

Nervous_wrecker @ Aug 11 2014, 12:10 PM wrote:- Simon Toah: a Manager Gillman with, surprise surprise, isopod traits. He lives in a giant fish in Gore Lagoon, which emerges for its owner to sell trinkets to surface-dwellers. The shop of Mr Toah can be invoked by fishing it with a prize and a big enough hook; Mr Toah collects hooks and hangs its merchandises on them inside the cheeks of its fish. As usual in Mortasheen, the shop is mainly furnished by scavenging and pillaging other denizens with monsters. For obvious reasons, Mr Toah only use monsters able to live underwater, and he has a preference for cheap and polyvalent monsters, such as Bonezarks and Gilldevils. However, his Ygore is a Squillock, and he keeps a few more dangerous beasts to deal with serious dangers to its business.
Simon Toah is somewhat vampire-obsessed: he is a blood-drinker himself, he knows enough history to be aware that its ancestors were created, enslaved and almost annihilated by vampires, and he admires their domination of the seas. One of his far-flung objective is to become powerful enough to recruit a vampire mercenary as a status symbol.
This character would be a NPC; if you can find a more serious name, I'm listening.  -_-
Woah, this sounds pretty Similar to my Gillman/Borg Engineer, though actually instead of a deep respect for Vampires he has a deep resentment for them. I'm trying to develop him a bit more and decide on who goes on his team since I've just been looking at more options. I myself am actually trying to figure out a suitable name for a cyborg Gillman pirate with a Lamprey in a bowl for a head. But yeah, your characters sound really great!
That is definitely an alligator, it has the flabby neck and everything. - PS2Gator

Vague1
Nameless Spawn
Vague1
Nameless Spawn

Aug 15 2014, 03:39 AM #77

As my personal avatar/persona entity, Vague is a character which must be adapted constantly and varies heavily by setting. For use in Mortasheen...

Vague-

Diminutive but determined, Vague feels confined by the numb, synthetic body of a shade, but also fears the weak, impermanent nature of a purely organic form. Luckily, a compromise exists in the form of partial modification. Vague has a great fondness for trying out new sense organs, particularly eyes, of which they possess the seventh-largest known collection in Mortasheen. Concealed beneath a large coat, Vague carries several pairs around at all times, greatly fearing that their vision might fail. Despite the inherently photovorous nature of the shades, Vague also enjoys the sense of taste, and will occasionally eat for pleasure, rather than nutritive benefit. Vague hates to waste resources and will often harvest the eyes and teeth of a fallen opponent, and on rare occasions, may even devour the corpse.
Vague lives within a dilapidated water tower outfitted externally with a multitude of communications antennae, located somewhere in a decaying urban district. In this relative seclusion, Vague trains to become a Manager. However, ventures outside are not uncommon, always traveling wearing a drab coat and wide-brimmed hat, often carrying a bright lantern pole and, occasionally, a miniature flamethrower.
What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness.

Nervous_wrecker
Formless Pupa
Nervous_wrecker
Formless Pupa

Sep 5 2014, 07:25 AM #78

PS2Gator wrote:I myself am actually trying to figure out a suitable name for a cyborg Gillman pirate with a Lamprey in a bowl for a head. But yeah, your characters sound really great!
Thanks!

I finally got a suggestion for you: Edward Leach, or a variation thereof. Punpunpun.
Bonus points if he has a skull in his bowl as a hiding place. And if has a bow tie with crossed bones (or heck, actual crossed bones used as a bow tie), his very face can be a pirate emblem !

PonyPon
Formless Pupa
PonyPon
Formless Pupa

Sep 5 2014, 10:17 PM #79

I'm thinking of a character that's three in one, all inhabiting one zombified body.

One is a hyper-intelligent corpseworm, another is a sentient fungus, but I've yet to think of a third one. Or have decided if the whole shebang still counts as a zombie.

But things are fine.

Murdoc Nerada
Nameless Spawn
Murdoc Nerada
Nameless Spawn

Sep 5 2014, 11:49 PM #80

Hmm, speaking of zombified bods, I'm thinking Catrin would make a viable mortasheen character.
Although he's less of a zombified body and more rag doll/bio-necrotic robot made from spare corpse parts and paint. Maybe I'll make a branch-off of him that's more ghoulish.
dodoman1: Eat your goddamn beans. I'll take watch.
I'm Balboa, I'm a trans dude, and my pronouns are it/its etc. He/him if you want.
Hell Blog.

Triop5
Nameless Spawn
Triop5
Nameless Spawn

Oct 28 2014, 09:07 PM #81

Lania Tores, a harvestman Sectilian.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laniatores
Sorry, just had to.
The Mortasheen Sprite Project: Now with new monsters!http://z3.invisionfree.com/bogleech/ind ... =4621&st=0

Vague1
Nameless Spawn
Vague1
Nameless Spawn

Apr 4 2015, 09:44 PM #82

Anarman Daleg - Back-alley surgeon and black market arms dealer. As a body modification enthusiast, he harvests "souvenirs" from unsuccessful operations and integrates them onto himself, often utilizing them in further surgeries. The fingers of his dominant prosthetic arms are specialized surgical instruments.
What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness.

SinsterSalzman
Oozing Larva
SinsterSalzman
Oozing Larva

Mar 1 2017, 08:28 PM #83

So are there any rules on creating a character or its it doing whatever want?

Nervous_wrecker
Formless Pupa
Nervous_wrecker
Formless Pupa

May 6 2017, 06:44 PM #84

Oh, Vague1 is a good illustrator! :wynaut:
SinsterSalzman wrote:So are there any rules on creating a character or its it doing whatever want?
Don't quote me on that as I don't remembers sources, but I'm under the feeling that functionally, characters could specialize in unique powers if they can claim membership to one of the seven "main races": zombie, mutant, sectilian, borg, gillman, orlok, shade. This may be an facultative option, as the design goal seems to be that the exact appearance (and by extension species, metabolism etc.) would be totally or mainly cosmetic anyway, so you're encouraged to play fast and loose with the classification. Mortasheen is full of more or less extreme forms of body modifications anyway, so the borders are bound to be porous.
There would be harder rules for the character's mind and class, mind you, but for battle purpose the body of a base character is considered to be "weaker than any monster" and that's about it.
Before they unlock the ability to build a biological or mechanical battlesuit anyway.
So as long as you don't design someone OP by themself, I'm sure it'd be acceptable.

Confirmation of reply: