Radiation-created monsters

The official back-up forum of www.bogleech.com - a fansite for monsters, ghosts, aliens, bizarre zoology and strange creatures of all sorts!

Radiation-created monsters

Dreamer
Indescribable Monstrosity
Dreamer

23 Jul 2010, 07:12 #1

This thread's purpose is to talk about creatures created by that plot-convenient, seemingly magical (At least in the hands of a Hollywood screenwriter) energy known as radiation. Yes, most of these monsters were from a simpler time, when desks were strong enough to protect from Nuclear explosions and where you could say the N-word without getting the living crap beaten out of you, before hollywood realized that radiation does not make things giant, but it does make them tumor-y and dead. And this lead to some of the greatest B-movie creatures of all time, whether it be The Incredible Melting Man or Them, and it was awesome!
Scythemantis wrote:One of these days I'm going to use my admin powers to figure out your home address and I am going to place an ad on every single furry personal site for free fursuit sex 24/7 at your house. Don't call first or even knock! Just show up and fuck the first thing you see! His protests are part of the ROLEPLAY!

Rasec Wizzlbang
Inconceivable Abomination
Rasec Wizzlbang

23 Jul 2010, 07:37 #2

Obligatory.

The Toxic Avenger is a pretty cool guy. eh fights bad guys and doesnt afraid of anything.

Q guy 7
Nameless Spawn
Q guy 7
Nameless Spawn

23 Jul 2010, 15:36 #3

Even more so than screen writers, it was the comicbook writers excuse for anything and everything.

xolta
Outer Godling
xolta
Outer Godling

23 Jul 2010, 16:36 #4

Chemo from dc comics is cool. He is a radioactive blob monster. What more do you need!

Curently banned for life for blockbuster and hollywood video

Funkthulhu
Elder Thing
Funkthulhu
Elder Thing

23 Jul 2010, 17:17 #5

Personal Note: Watch more Doctor Who

Anyone00
Cosmic Horror
Anyone00
Cosmic Horror

24 Jul 2010, 01:51 #6

Godzilla: the most famous radiation created monster that wasn't originally a radiation created monster.

Would most of the original X-Men count: weren't they originally X-Men: Children of the Atom and the stated cause of most of there mutations were their parents exposure to radiation? I remember reading a reprint of an old Fantastic Four comic were a boy with reality warping dream power had fallen into a coma was brought to the Four by the boy's parents (his father along with his army squad was exposed to the nuclear fallout of a test explosion, and that was the given explanation of the mutation); in the end they managed to wake the boy and said there were sending him a private school in upstate New York to learn to control his abilities.

Anyway:
Them

The Mutant from the Day the World Ended

The Metalunan Mutant from This Island Earth

Dreamer
Dreamer

27 Jul 2010, 02:12 #7

Don't forget the Incredible Melting Man, who's make up was designed by Rick Baker, and is one of the most disgusting monster designs I have ever seen. That said, even though he is a cannibalistic melting mutant, you do feel a bit sorry for him, given that he was once a normal guy, and is shown to have memories of when he was normal, and dies in the most painful looking way (IE, melting into a puddle of nasty goo in the end of the movie).

Weird thing is, this movie was supposed to be a spoof, but the distributors tried to edit all the funny out of it.
Scythemantis wrote:One of these days I'm going to use my admin powers to figure out your home address and I am going to place an ad on every single furry personal site for free fursuit sex 24/7 at your house. Don't call first or even knock! Just show up and fuck the first thing you see! His protests are part of the ROLEPLAY!

Dreamer
Dreamer

30 Jul 2010, 16:25 #8

Oh, and I also forgot about the infamous Marvel villain called The Swarm.

He was basically a Nazi beekeeper who was consumed by his own irradiated bees, but the bees absorbed his sentience, and what he is now is is a nazi MADE OUT OF BEEEEEEEEES!

Four
Four

30 Jul 2010, 20:45 #9

Thank god cell phone radiation is killing off the bees in Europe....wait THEY'RE ALREADY IRRADIATEEEEEED

ScutigeraColeoptrata
ScutigeraColeoptrata

30 Jul 2010, 21:17 #10

You might say it's affecting them on the CELLULAR level.

...I feel bad now.
"Despair is the Disk One boss of the game of Life."
-Chupacabra

Check out my website! http://www.lucidstillness.com/

Four
Four

30 Jul 2010, 21:21 #11

Anyone00
Cosmic Horror
Anyone00
Cosmic Horror

30 Jul 2010, 22:23 #12

Four @ Jul 30 2010, 08:45 PM wrote: Thank god cell phone radiation is killing off the bees in Europe....wait THEY'RE ALREADY IRRADIATEEEEEED
I thought they were fleeing back to Melissa Majoria.

Obligatory:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4MqTCIDKhU

Also:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXMWv2dXxlA

Poseyman
Cosmic Horror
Poseyman
Cosmic Horror

31 Jul 2010, 03:07 #13

Jesus lizard
Jesus lizard

31 Jul 2010, 03:12 #14

.....................................................................................................................................))><((

Dreamer
Dreamer

31 Jul 2010, 06:49 #15

I find it kinda funny how they never really specify WHAT exactly the Toxic Waste that made the Toxic Avenger is composed of, but everybody assumes that because it's glowy and green it's radioactive (Even though real radioactive waste is a dull grey).

Anyway, what about...

THE MUTANT FROM THE LOST SKELETON OF CADAVRA! Yes, I know it was created fro mAtmospherium and not from radioactive materials, but given that this is a 1950s sci-fi movie parody, is there really much of a difference?