Introduction thread

The official back-up forum of www.bogleech.com - a fansite for monsters, ghosts, aliens, bizarre zoology and strange creatures of all sorts!

Introduction thread

Gronkling
Nameless Spawn
Gronkling
Nameless Spawn

03 Jan 2015, 11:31 #1

If you are a new member this is the thread to say hello. If you think this is a cool place for cool kids only it's not.

rules of the forum
1) THERE ARE NO RULES
2) Don't be horrible and racist or something
3) Also probably don't post huge images because it breaks the forum.

(Also the often active name-shifting thread, current name ".", in here is the post whatever you want thread if you're wondering)

Here's a template if you want help:

NAME:
WHERE DO YOU COME FROM:
FAVOURITE KIND OF MONSTER:
FAVOURITE COLOUR:
FAVOURITE TYPE OF MEDIA: (e.g. Movies, music, video games etc.)
ANY FAVOURITES?:
DO YOU LIKE SCIENCE:
DO ANYTHING CREATIVE?:
HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT BOGLEECH.COM:
OTHER STUFF:

Jesus lizard
Inconceivable Abomination
Jesus lizard

03 Jan 2015, 22:58 #2

I'm Jesus lizard. I've been here for a long time and I've seen it rise and fall again and again.
I like fantasy, cute monsters and probably a lot of the same things other people like. We might need some kind of list of things to put in our introduction to make it easier.

also maybe a new introduction thread lol
.....................................................................................................................................))><((

Neini
Indescribable Monstrosity
Neini
Indescribable Monstrosity

03 Jan 2015, 23:08 #3

i like

i like

i likGOOFY GOOBER

ROCK

Gronkling
Nameless Spawn
Gronkling
Nameless Spawn

03 Jan 2015, 23:35 #4

Jesus lizard @ Jan 3 2015, 10:58 PM wrote: We might need some kind of list of things to put in our introduction to make it easier.

also maybe a new introduction thread lol
Added a template thing, feel free to give more questions or anything

nothing ever happened everything is fine

Jesus lizard
Jesus lizard

03 Jan 2015, 23:47 #5

Add a "how did you find boggleekh" section, those are always really fun.
.....................................................................................................................................))><((

Gronkling
Nameless Spawn
Gronkling
Nameless Spawn

03 Jan 2015, 23:54 #6

Oh yeah, forgot about that one! &#9786;

Digital_Squid
Oozing Larva
Digital_Squid
Oozing Larva

04 Jan 2015, 01:23 #7

Alright guess I'm still the newest member and my narcissism won't let me not do this so so time to do this shit proper:

NAME: Jimmy
WHERE DO YOU COME FROM: Parkton, MD
FAVOURITE KIND OF MONSTER: Wow there a so many kinds but deep-sea abyssal horror-terrors are pretty rad
FAVOURITE COLOUR: purple
FAVOURITE TYPE OF MEDIA: Video games definitely followed by music and then drawings/paintings/etc
ANY FAVOURITES?: Favorite video game would be Majora's Mask followed by Rogue Legacy
DO YOU LIKE SCIENCE: Hell frickin' YES
DO ANYTHING CREATIVE?: I make drawings, need to get back into animation and music making
HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT BOGLEECH.COM: It was so long ago but I believe while looking for video game monsters I found the sprite archive. I think it was around whenever that Animal Crossing article first came out, back when the font was green.
OTHER STUFF: Webcomics are pretty rad.

I get the feeling I'm the only one who will do this but here you go!

DaisyDice
Formless Pupa
DaisyDice
Formless Pupa

06 Jan 2015, 13:59 #8

I'll do it!

NAME: Dani

WHERE DO YOU COME FROM: Kansas

FAVOURITE KIND OF MONSTER: things that look like actual animals but not really. Slimy, squishy things are nice. Things with absurdly skinny legs. Pretty colours, ridiculous proportions, and general freakyness make good monsters. Also rainbows.

FAVOURITE COLOUR: reddish brownish purple, like a kidney

FAVOURITE TYPE OF MEDIA: the visual kind. Cartoons, comics, animated movies, regular movies...sometimes music.

ANY FAVOURITES?: kinda general...

Animal-BOBBIT WORM. or Mola Mola.

Pokemon-

Art Style- surrealism

I'm bad at thinking of things...

DO YOU LIKE SCIENCE: yes. Oh, so much.

DO ANYTHING CREATIVE?: I draw. A lot. When I was young(er) I spent basically every hour of every day drawing these stupid little monsters and collecting them into my own personal beastiary for my dream world (which didn't have an official name because I was worried that naming it would strip away a crucial element of dream-ish-ness). Out of four hundred or so monsters there are maybe ten whose designs I actually still like. I still draw stupid monsters, but I put a lot more thought into them now. One day I'd love love love to make an overly serious, fully animated Planet Earth style documentary about them. Ahaha, could you imagine, The Eastern Archipelago: where babies mutilate you! as narrated by David Attenborough...aha...ha...I'm sorry.

So sorry.

HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT BOGLEECH.COM: Spore, in 2008. I didn't start visiting regularly until 2012, though.

OTHER STUFF: ...I'm a girl? I don't know what to put here...

Gronkling
Nameless Spawn
Gronkling
Nameless Spawn

06 Jan 2015, 17:41 #9

DaisyDice @ Jan 6 2015, 01:59 PM wrote:good monsters. Also rainbows.
Yes! Rainbow is the best colour pallette.
four hundred or so monsters
You should share them! At least don't throw them out, stupid monsters are great

Jesus lizard
Jesus lizard

06 Jan 2015, 21:25 #10

Welcome to the place! You seem fun, you should scan some stuff sometime like gronkling said.
We have a Spore thread over here ( http://z3.invisionfree.com/bogleech/ind ... topic=4504 ) if you care to show off any creations, too.

I'm gonna redo mine.

NAME: Jesus lizard

WHERE DO YOU COME FROM: /Everywhere/. I was born in the ice-swamps of michigan, but have lived in the sprawling hill-plains of Oklahoma, the fern-woods of Indiana and right now I live in the jagged hills of Tennessee. I'd like to get out of Tennessee.

FAVOURITE KIND OF MONSTER: My favorite archetype of monster are gross cute fetishy ones because I'm a bad person. Also slimy and wormy things. If its not an edgy demon made out of horns I probably like it at least a little. Starting to like dragons a little.
My favorite monsters are the RankinBass Gollum and the Balinese Garuda

FAVOURITE COLOUR: That green on road signs, soft blue yellow and pink, neon anything (preferably while dripping) and subtle brownish colors.

FAVOURITE TYPE OF MEDIA: (e.g. Movies, music, video games etc.) Cartoons, music, etc.

ANY FAVOURITES?: All my favorites are gonna change with time. <:I

DO YOU LIKE SCIENCE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty33v7UYYbw

DO ANYTHING CREATIVE?: I draw every now and then, you can see stuff in the general art thread or if you're in the future maybe in a personal art thread. My account here should link to my tumblr account, search with the tag "art" to find more. I'm also super into character design, so when I'm not making a gross sex oc I'm awake at night thinking about a D&D or elder scrolls character.

HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT BOGLEECH.COM: WAAAY back in the Way Back I'd just gone through a brief but grim period where I had no access to monsters or fantasy or any of the stuff I loved. I sort of fazed it out of my system and STOPPED liking it. I got into sprite comics for a while when high school started and decided I wanted to find sprites of monster minions for my Original Sonic (Do Not Steal) to summon in comics and bumbled into the old sprite archive. I spent hours dragging my eyeballs over every individual nasty in the articles, then discovered the rest of the site and it helped me get back into monsters.
Now I've been here for at least a little while and I've seen the community go from a quiet little discussion board to a ridiculously acidic circlejerk back to a quiet, enjoyable little community again.

OTHER STUFF: tumblr is here: http://jesus-lizard-journal.tumblr.com/
very little of it is art.

DNoTA
Elder Thing
DNoTA
Elder Thing

06 Jan 2015, 21:38 #11

Come to think of it, I never introduced myself, so I suppose I oughta do that now.

NAME: DNotA (I typoed my name when I wrote it in here.)
WHERE DO YOU COME FROM: Supposedly I come from Ohio, but I'm pretty sure I'm from somewhere around Andromeda.
FAVOURITE KIND OF MONSTER: Constructs. Artificial monstrosities brought to life through either science or magic or both. Also, Golems, which for most people would fall under constructed monsters, but my own version of golems are naturally occurring creatures that just happen to be made of rocks.
FAVOURITE COLOUR: GREEEEEEEEEEN Forest green. Generally subtle, background colors, like minerals. I'm not much for bright, eye blasting colors. (No offense, Lizard)
FAVOURITE TYPE OF MEDIA: Video Games! Also tabletop games and animation. And also letsplays. Don't judge me.
ANY FAVOURITES?: Favorite what? My favorite movie ever is The Iron Giant.
DO YOU LIKE SCIENCE: Yus. Especially biology. Chemistry too, but I'm bad at that. And mechanical engineering, and just a touch of geology.
DO ANYTHING CREATIVE?: I DRAW PICTURES! I've been drawing them ever since I was a wee munchkin. Sometimes I also make 3D things, but that's not often.
HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT BOGLEECH.COM: I forget, honestly, but I think it started with Mortasheen and I found the rest of the site after that. I joined these forums right after the 2013 Creepy Pasta Cookoff. (Which means it's close to my anniversary!)
OTHER STUFF: Boobs are nice. And guns. Don't judge me.

DaisyDice
Formless Pupa
DaisyDice
Formless Pupa

07 Jan 2015, 02:16 #12

You should share them! At least don't throw them out, stupid monsters are great
I will! Maybe. If I get around to it. And when I say stupid, I don't mean good stupid. I mean bland as hell, generic, watered down, and occasionally stolen stupid. I found a few pet-pet traces for gods sakes! And quite a few were literally just real animals with absolutely no exaggerations or changes. There were some real gems though, I'll share those. I might even re-draw them for comparison, and also so I can laugh at how crappy ten-year old me was at art.

And don't worry about me throwing them away. They were all numbered, and the highest was in the four or five hundreds, but there were only around half that in the folders. All the remaining designs, no matter how shitty, will be kept for purely archival purposes.

And Spore! Ah...Spore. I miss Spore. I don't even remember what my old account was called, and the computer that it was on has long since crapped out. So even if I wanted to I probably couldn't share the things I made.

Great. Now I'm going to be wallowing in Spore-want for the rest of the night. It was such a good game. It was such a terrible, annoying, buggy, FANTASTIC game...........sigh........

DNoTA
Elder Thing
DNoTA
Elder Thing

07 Jan 2015, 02:38 #13

I love building stuff in Spore, although admittedly the rest of the game is kinda bland. It had potential, so it's kinda sad that there isn't much fun after creature stage.

Vague1
Nameless Spawn
Vague1
Nameless Spawn

07 Jan 2015, 04:27 #14

At last, a proper, pretentious introduction.
I might as well, really.

NAME: Vague1 (or Vague, or Vague One, or The Vague One, whatever you prefer...)
WHERE DO YOU COME FROM: The finite possibilities generated by the complex interplay of mutually exclusive and universal extremes in the infinite outer cosmos.
Technically, it's true.
FAVOURITE KIND OF MONSTER: All monsters have their charms, but I particularly love those whose designs consist of repurposed or rearranged human anatomy.
FAVOURITE COLOUR: Vantablack
FAVOURITE TYPE OF MEDIA: ...Probably Webcomics. Or traditional artwork. And music, to some degree.
ANY FAVOURITES?: Ah, numerous ones.
DO YOU LIKE SCIENCE: Indeed, science is the most rational avenue available for interpreting our observable universe.
DO ANYTHING CREATIVE?: I often draw, as do most visitors here, and I occasionally write. I still create things in Spore from time to time, as well.
HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT BOGLEECH.COM: The answer is shrouded in the mists of time. Echoes of this place have haunted me for years, an inscrutable medley of media rebounded across the cavernous walls of my own platonic cave. My first unaware exposure may have been through the pilot episode of The Fear Hole, glimpsed years ago on Newgrounds, an outlet which I have since abandoned. Some time afterwards, I chanced across this reproduction of THE DAY OF ALL THE BLOOD while sifting through Creepypasta.com. I have seen pieces reflected across distances vast and obscure, in distortions of Mortasheen stated idly by TVtropes, through friends and relations encountered through Spore. Despite these mere whispers, only in the year 2011 did I emerge from my relative ignorance into a vista of extraordinary clarity, tying together the loose threads which I had accumulated across the space of years into the incredible realization that almost everything from the internet which I have ever loved was, in some way, a byproduct of this single site, and, quite often, its devoted creator.
OTHER STUFF: Sometimes, getting a straight answer out of me can be like getting a straight line out of the Gordian Knot.
Vagueness and ambiguity can be powerful tools, if wielded skillfully, responsibly, and, as always, moderately.
What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness.

Jesus lizard
Jesus lizard

07 Jan 2015, 04:49 #15

DaisyDice @ Jan 7 2015, 02:16 AM wrote:
And Spore! Ah...Spore. I miss Spore. I don't even remember what my old account was called, and the computer that it was on has long since crapped out. So even if I wanted to I probably couldn't share the things I made.

Great. Now I'm going to be wallowing in Spore-want for the rest of the night. It was such a good game. It was such a terrible, annoying, buggy, FANTASTIC game...........sigh........
You can buy it on Steam for pretty cheap! You'll have to jump through some hoops (get a shitty origin account) in order to get the expansion packs to work, though. It's what I did after my eternity with spore depression. (now I never want to play it lol)