General SCP series topic

Copy/paste them like some sort of copy/pasted story! What are those called again?

General SCP series topic

scythemantis
Inconceivable Abomination
scythemantis

07 Aug 2011, 20:57 #1

Most of you are likely familiar with the SCP foundation, which grew from this legendary one-off creepypasta into an entire massive continuity wherein a secret agency collects and contains things that threaten the safety and sanity of mankind, ranging from harmless but unexplainable oddities to mind-bending doomsday horrors. One of its key gimmicks is that we're only seeing snippets of leaked information, with a lot of the more disturbing and serious details left to our imagination.

They vary in quality, of course. Personally I dislike the overly religious/supernatural/mythological SCP's and prefer they be more original and vague than that, though some of those are still written pretty cool and creepy.

Some of my personal favorites:

The severed human head that thinks it's a crab

The animated fossil seabed.

The flesh that hates - one of the really epic ones. Read the "field logs" at the bottom for a great piece of horror fiction.

The giant "coral" monster - this is a rather special one, designed to give readers an idea of the horrifying secrets the foundation hides from the public. The entry itself just describes a rather unremarkable reef-like sea monster, but the report at the end and the two links below it disclose a full report revealing a lot more to the thing, and if you're into the kind of stuff I design for Mortasheen and write about for Bogleech, it might end up your favorite thing on the site.

The Architect - an object which somehow adds expansions to any structure it's contained in without changing the outside, and never ever stops. The longer it's allowed to do so, the more wrong things go...and once again, you can find out more from the log linked at the end. It's delightfully creepy.

The cancer garden - implying a sinister secret behind cancer itself. You know, more sinister than just cancer.
The reviews are IN!
Scythe is such a fucking aardvark

-The NY Times

Rasec Wizzlbang
Rasec Wizzlbang

07 Aug 2011, 23:45 #2

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-980
A featurless humanoid creature that turns you... NORMAL! :o

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-811
A scary swamp woman who enjoys having her hair shampoo'd

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-562
A parasite that employs some human mimicry in order to implant its parasitic offspring

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-163
An Elder thing-like and evidently homesick alien creature stranded on earth

OuthouseInferno
OuthouseInferno

08 Aug 2011, 01:38 #3

I really like SCP-261, the crazy vending machine, and SCP-914, the "processor" machine, because those two have crazy lists of experiments done on them.

I also just want to note how blatantly awful the search function on that site is.

"I am of a different mind ten times in the course of a day. But I resist the devil, and often it is with a fart that I chase him away." -Martin Luther

scythemantis
scythemantis

08 Aug 2011, 02:32 #4

How could I forget the HEART OF DARKNESS? It's so over the top, but in a wonderful wonderful way. The nonsense it spouts in the interview is some of the most well-written nonsense I've ever seen, expertly sounding like it should mean something.
The reviews are IN!

-The NY Times

Lightquake
Nameless Spawn
Lightquake
Nameless Spawn

08 Aug 2011, 13:24 #5

Jesus lizard @ Nov 13 2010, 08:25 PM wrote: Oh god, what the fuck did you put in my drink?
TENTACOOLS?

08 Aug 2011, 22:16 #6

Browsing through the new articles, I found this.

A pretty neat twist on the ol' parasitic infection idea.

Rasec Wizzlbang
Rasec Wizzlbang

08 Aug 2011, 22:30 #7

"TASTE ME, I'M DELICIOUS"

dodoman1
dodoman1

08 Aug 2011, 23:11 #8

I like this proposal for SCP-001.

I also like "the Worst Thing in the World" because there's not a lot in the description that completely bars the possibility of it just being a regular, completely natural Port-A-Potty. Port-A-Potties are pretty horrible in their own right.
"Abominations, mutations, deviations... that's all you're gonna find down here."
My Tumblr
My DeviantArt
--

OuthouseInferno
OuthouseInferno

08 Aug 2011, 23:21 #9

It's gotta be either that one, the garden of Eden angel, or the universe lock. The other three don't feel "significant" enough to take the slot.

"I am of a different mind ten times in the course of a day. But I resist the devil, and often it is with a fart that I chase him away." -Martin Luther

scythemantis
scythemantis

09 Aug 2011, 00:08 #10

What's the universe lock?

An SCP consisting of "future" SCP files does seem like the only thing that makes sense for #1, since it seems like the most logical way for the foundation to be formed at all.
The reviews are IN!

-The NY Times

OuthouseInferno
OuthouseInferno

09 Aug 2011, 00:50 #11

http://www.scp-wiki.net/qntm-s-proposal

Basically it's a safe object but it's the knowledge of that thing that is most dangerous to the human race. or something.

The angel basically told the founder of the SCP to do stuff too, that one and "the list" seem to be the only entries that would lead to the founding of the organization.

dodoman1
dodoman1

09 Aug 2011, 01:52 #12

I also like the SCPs that aren't really dangerous or scary at all, they're just kinda weird and unexplainable. They're a minority, but they do exist. Like Mr. Chameleon! Or my favorite SCp ever, the Tickle Monster!
"Abominations, mutations, deviations... that's all you're gonna find down here."
My Tumblr
My DeviantArt
--

Rasec Wizzlbang
Rasec Wizzlbang

09 Aug 2011, 02:35 #13

I want one... :(

scythemantis
scythemantis

09 Aug 2011, 04:11 #14

I love the harmless weird ones too, like the insult box and me.
The reviews are IN!

-The NY Times

Revereche
Outer Godling
Revereche
Outer Godling

09 Aug 2011, 09:25 #15

The larvae encysted in the central nervous system secrete a compound that in most cases has two effects. First, it leads to a marked increase in altruism. Victims of SCP-833 are generally described as becoming kinder and notably more generous. Secondly, victims gain the conviction that their tissues are extremely delicious, nutritious, or pure. Due to the increase in altruism, the host will try to "help" others by feeding them pieces of his or her own flesh.
Anpanman?

But yeah, the "Safe" ones are my favorites. Much more unpredictable.

I love the repeated crossovers we get with 682.

ペロペロペロ