Lead The Way Lacrosse Day Of Heroes 2010

Lead The Way Lacrosse Day Of Heroes 2010

JMc
JMc

April 22nd, 2010, 2:34 am #1

Lead the Way Fund, Inc. is a 501c3 non-profit organization established to raise funds in support of disabled U.S. Army Rangers and the families of Rangers who have died, have been injured or are currently serving in harm’s way around the world. Lead the Way Fund, Inc. will provide spouses and children of deceased, disabled or active duty Rangers with assistance for health and wellness programs and other services determined to be vital to the family’s well-being.

The Lead the Way Lacrosse Day of Heroes is a 3 game lacrosse shootout between the country’s best high school lacrosse teams. The one day event will take place on Saturday April 24, 2010 at St. Anthony’s High School, Huntington, New York (co-sponsor of the event). Six teams are competing in the event - St. Anthony’s vs. New Canaan, Chaminade vs. Yorktown, Manhasset vs. Darien. The Lead the Way Lacrosse Day of Heroes recognizes past and present protectors of the Flag and 100% of the profits are donated to the “Lead the Way Fund”. Our special event honorees will be local heroes – LCpl. James Argentine (St.Anthony's ‘05), Sgt. James J. Regan (CHS ‘98), Lt. Ronald Winchester (CHS ‘97), Lt. Michael L. LiCalzi (CHS ‘00).

For more info; http://www.leadthewayfund.org/

Marty K
Marty K

April 22nd, 2010, 5:52 pm #2

Worthy cause that it is, Huntington NY is still quite a trip from Kearny NJ. If they ever have an event closer to home, please let me know.

JMc
JMc

April 22nd, 2010, 6:09 pm #3

I'm coordinating the day since we are hosting the event at St. Anthony's. I am very impressed with the people behind this 'cause' that I've met. Not sure of any NJ events, but I'll ask.

Frank
Frank

May 10th, 2010, 1:55 pm #4

John, One of Michael's football players at Wilkes University is from St. Anthonys and knows you. Anthony's son Robert is taking lessons from Brother Naclerio. There is a video on you tube of his Morristown kid setting the shot put recod and Anthony is standing behind him. I went to a wedding last week in Florida and sat next to the number two man at St. Barnabas Hospital. He was two years ahead of you and threw the hammer at Rutgers.

Confirmation of reply: