Dr. Sinoway

Dr. Sinoway

Dan Gerard
Dan Gerard

August 28th, 2007, 6:49 pm #1

does anyone recall ever going to Dr. Sinoway on Orange Street?

I have fond memories of the doctor (mainly because he was the one doctor who never gave you a shot!).

I believe his son practices still up in South Orange just past Seton Hall.

Dan

Peggie Russo Class of 64
Peggie Russo Class of 64

August 29th, 2007, 1:32 am #2

Yes, my whole family went to him. My parents went to his office in South Orange after he moved there.

Ed
Ed

August 29th, 2007, 3:05 am #3

does anyone recall ever going to Dr. Sinoway on Orange Street?

I have fond memories of the doctor (mainly because he was the one doctor who never gave you a shot!).

I believe his son practices still up in South Orange just past Seton Hall.

Dan
my family went to Dr. Sinoway for years for eyeware He had a very nice women who assisted him. I remember her as having a high pitched voice

Joe Reardon
Joe Reardon

August 29th, 2007, 12:58 pm #4

My whole family went to Dr. Sinoway. I remember him giving my father reading glasses. I guess it was the first signs of advancing years and we were not allowed to say anything about them when my father wore them.

doris flatley
doris flatley

August 29th, 2007, 2:01 pm #5

I remember Dr Sinoway. I also believe his son, Hillel Sinoway, attended Roseville Ave School with me in the 40's.

Frank
Frank

August 29th, 2007, 4:14 pm #6

Dr. George Mataege Delivered all three McCrees. My mother wanted to named me George McCree, but my dad refused.

Dr. Jackel both doctors were located between sussex Avenue and dickerson Street. maybe North fifth or sixth.

Dr. Leslie Freeman dentist on Orange Street, above Hopps.

Dr. Joseph Santangelo. had his office in his house on Grafton avenue. Looked like Phil Rizutto.

Dr. Risoli Peck Avenue long time doctor for Parisi family $5.00 a visit.

Ed
Ed

August 30th, 2007, 1:57 am #7

how about Dr. Edwin Ciccione on Roseville and Park Ave He charged $5.00 no appointments no receptionist. You just went in and waited. Sometimes it seemed as if at least 20 or more patients were waiting.

Peggie Russo Class of 64
Peggie Russo Class of 64

August 30th, 2007, 5:37 am #8

Dr. Pinto lived on N. 11th street. Office on Roseville Ave. $5.00 for pills and visit. He even made house calls.
I can remember on one of his house calls I had something wrong and when it was time for him to give me a needle, no way! I hid under the bed. But my mother succeeded in getting me to come out by telling me that Dr. Pinto was a very busy man and I was just wasting his time.

ROConnor
ROConnor

August 30th, 2007, 2:41 pm #9

I remember back in the 50s when Dr. Pinto's office was in his home on 11th St. He and my father were grammar school classmates.

When the Hong Kong Flu struck in '68, he came to our house on 7th Ave. & 1st. St. to give medical attention to both my father and me who were ailing because of that flu.

doris flatley
doris flatley

August 31st, 2007, 1:18 am #10

I remember the Pinto house on No. 11th. It had a low picket fence around it. Dr. Pinto's son was a classmate of mine at Barringer.

Confirmation of reply: