Classic TV

Classic TV

July 26th, 2010, 8:31 pm #1

Probably some of you know about hulu.com, a website that features complete episodes of some old TV shows. I've been watching shows on hulu rather more often lately, because modern-day TV is, well, mostly crap. Some of my favorites there are Highway Patrol, The Lone Ranger and Alfred Hitchcock Presents, an excellent anthology series from the '50s (hulu has 152 half-hour episodes, in addition to dozens of the hour-long Hitchcock shows). Additionally, there are hundreds of movies available for viewing. If you have a good internet connection, you should have little trouble streaming the video, and there's an option to view in full screen. Even better, they are presented with limited commercial interruption. Here's the link:

http://www.hulu.com

Norm T
Norm T

July 27th, 2010, 12:27 pm #2

John, I moved to California in 1980 and I go by the Lone Ranger Rock[where Silver is on his hind legs with Clayton Moore at the beginning of each show], and I still get chills knowing this is where they filmed it. I also live right near a place called Corranganville Movie Ranch,which is no longer there,houses now,where they filmed a lot of the old westerns and movies like "Fort Apache".Pretty interesting site if you Google it. It still is thrilling to me!

Dan L.
Dan L.

July 27th, 2010, 12:36 pm #3

My Hopalong Cassidy wrist watch sits right here on my desk. I've been saving it since 1957.

Confirmation of reply: