About this photo (1 July)

About this photo (1 July)

July 1st, 2012, 2:50 pm #1

Being as you guys back East are having a heat wave, I thought I'd cool you off with this photo of a snow day outside 196 Roseville Avenue. Enjoy!

Dave Hudson
Dave Hudson

July 1st, 2012, 3:12 pm #2

John, I may have been in this apartment house during this storm, as my grandmother..Dorothy Hudson..lived here along with our good family friends..the Sauces.. and my sister and I often spent overnights with Nana. Many times we would awaken to fresh snow and hope it would be deep enough to cancel school and keep us here for another day of grandma's special treatment. Thanks for the memories and the chilling good wishes. It's hot!hot!hot! here in Jersey as well as most of the country so keep cool everyone!

Margaret Petrocelli
Margaret Petrocelli

July 1st, 2012, 6:48 pm #3

Being as you guys back East are having a heat wave, I thought I'd cool you off with this photo of a snow day outside 196 Roseville Avenue. Enjoy!
Johnny,

Thanks for the photo. I am sitting with my dogs in an air conditioned house watching the Yankee Game & just laughed when I saw the snow....God Bless

July 1st, 2012, 8:54 pm #4

Dave Hudson
Dave Hudson

July 2nd, 2012, 1:41 am #5

Looks like Sacred Heart Cathedral during construction...took over 50 years for Parishioners to raise the $$$$$$$$$$$$$ Great card, but it's still toasty here on the right coasty!

Osvaldo (Jerry) Lopez
Osvaldo (Jerry) Lopez

July 2nd, 2012, 2:19 am #6

I am in Knoxville Tenn. helping my son on his move from Ft Lauderdale to Knoxville (univ. of Tenn). It was 104 degrees hot today. It's 10PM and temp is still near 100. The snow on the photo of Roseville ave is melting from this Tennessee heat. Great pic.

July 2nd, 2012, 2:22 am #7

OK, I'll keep trying. Here's one sent in by Skip Borsos; it's the Parish Hall next to the Roseville Methodist Church. Looks nice and chilly.

July 2nd, 2012, 2:44 am #8

And here's one from March '56, also sent in by Skip, taken by Don Pearson from his front porch at 107 No. Seventh Street. Ah, brisk!

al tiano
al tiano

July 2nd, 2012, 3:17 am #9

my father was super there 69 to 71 i was 12 in 71 when he passed july 71 i remember mr smith came to help also the kellys where there too people cared about each other then i never got to thank them THANK YOU

Andy Hudson
Andy Hudson

July 4th, 2012, 2:21 pm #10

And here's one from March '56, also sent in by Skip, taken by Don Pearson from his front porch at 107 No. Seventh Street. Ah, brisk!

Hello Al,
If your Father's first name was Jerry,
I remember him vividly. My Grandmother,
Dot Hudson lived on the second floor at 196
from I would say the early 50's until March
of 1972 when she had to be placed into a
nursing home in Neptune. It is ironic to
see a mention of your father being the super
as yesterday was the 40th anniversary of Nana's
death. When she died, she was brought back to
Cole's on Roseville Avenue before being buried
up in Gate of Heaven in East Hanover.
It is so nice to run into names from the past...
it brings back many happy memories.
Andy Hudson

Confirmation of reply: