We needed a thread. Might as well get things started some how. :D

Why look at me and her when you can just look at her

I'm only happy when it Rains.

"Buy SHIMMER...It'll keep you straight!"
-Allison Danger

Darryl The Hitman
Darryl The Hitman

3:20 AM - Aug 04, 2006 #2

Yeah this is one folder I can't contribute much to since I'm not into MMA. I know the people involved are all world-class athletes but it just doesn't grab me. I like wrestlers who can make their match look as if they're doing it for real (Bret, Benoit, for example) but real people actually fighting does nothing for me. I dunno why.

3:29 AM - Aug 04, 2006 #3

I guess im just a violent mofo cause i love this stuff. Im not into boxing that much, but UfC and Pride to a lesser extent really gets me going. The sport has evolved by leaps and bounds over the years from when Shamrock, Gracie, Abbott and Severn first started out. I cant wait to see the Liddell VS Silva match...if it ever happens. That will be an awesome fight.

Darryl The Hitman
Darryl The Hitman

3:34 AM - Aug 04, 2006 #4

I dunno if it's just a violence thing. I don't get into amateur wrestling either and it's hardly openly and ostentatiously violent or anything like that but when Angle and Benoit break out chain wrestling at the opening of their match at WrestleMania XVII, I mark out. I don't get it.

3:42 AM - Aug 04, 2006 #5

Thats where im weird at too i guess. Im not sure what it is but I could watch Angle or Benoit or even Owen Hart all day long , but I never could get into a Bret match unless he was wrestling HBK or in WcW when he had a few matches with Sting. I guess its where he had a more low key personality then others(benoits kinda the same but different to me) and i just couldnt ever get into him. I got the infamous Survivor Series match on tape and still watch it from time to time and still think that was a great match overall, but I guess im just weird when it comes to him.