Untitled

Untitled

Duncan Disorderly
Duncan Disorderly

August 12th, 2012, 6:26 am #1

Found this article, and thought it made interesting reading...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012 ... ier-league

bedfordblade
bedfordblade

August 12th, 2012, 9:19 am #2

has been a regular feature in guardian on saturdays in football season. always interesting--now there is a book. doubt there will be a film.
i think book will be well worth reading. I have tried to work out who the author is but still have no idea.

Duncan Disorderly
Duncan Disorderly

August 12th, 2012, 4:10 pm #3

First time i'd seen it, but now I know, I will read some more. It certainly is a strange world, and is an eye opener for how far from reality they are, and why they are too.

It did make me wonder about the boo-boys who think its their right to boo players, because

a. they paid their money to watch so can boo if they like and
b. they're pro's and should cope with it.

Would they think about the players who are too frightened or depressed to leave their homes of an evening to have a quiet meal with the wife? I suppose its OK because of the fabulous wages they are on.

Think I'm answering my own question...

August 13th, 2012, 9:24 am #4

Hi Dunc

This is a great piece, thanks for drawing it to my attention, I will be investing in the book. In terms of the identity of the secret footballer, I'll place my money on one of our ex bench warmers 'Lee Hendrie' he was declared bankrupt last year and had a appetite for Las Vegas and the Champagne Charlie lifestyle.

granthamblades
granthamblades

August 13th, 2012, 11:08 am #5

Secret Footballer can be followed on twitter @TSFGuardian.

UTB

bedfordblade
bedfordblade

August 13th, 2012, 7:05 pm #6

doubt it====has he got the brains to write? this stuff is very well written

granthamblades
granthamblades

August 14th, 2012, 7:32 am #7

Agree with you Bedford.

UTB

BLUF65
BLUF65

August 14th, 2012, 9:01 am #8

Totally agree the Lee would not be able to write in this way but it is common to use ghost writers with football and other so called celebs The evidence I offer is the book supposedly written by Wayne Rooney

bedfordblade
bedfordblade

August 14th, 2012, 10:52 am #9

fair point re. wayne rooney's ghost.
whoever it is has often given his fee from the guardian to charity. would hendrie do that? i must admit i do not know and i have been puzzling about this for well over a year!

oldblade
oldblade

August 14th, 2012, 11:54 am #10

Hi Dunc

This is a great piece, thanks for drawing it to my attention, I will be investing in the book. In terms of the identity of the secret footballer, I'll place my money on one of our ex bench warmers 'Lee Hendrie' he was declared bankrupt last year and had a appetite for Las Vegas and the Champagne Charlie lifestyle.
I might be wrong but I don't think Lee hendry was ever the record transfer for any of the clubs he played for. If that is the case then it can't be him.