Stevenage fan in peace...

Stevenage fan in peace...

log
log

October 29th, 2011, 7:53 pm #1

Looking forward to next weeks game massively. Non-league just 2 years ago, and now hosting Sheffield United, also after having beaten Charlton and thrashing Sheffield Wednesday-you're quite welcome. ;)

Still seems surreal that we're playing you in the league and not a cup tie. Anyway hope you enjoy Stevenage etc, and have a safe journey down anyone travelling for the game. Don't hate us if we win, and best of luck. Should be a cracker (not as cracking as your game with Exeter today though hopefully!)

Duncan Disorderly
Duncan Disorderly

October 30th, 2011, 4:26 pm #2

Cheers, although I hope you have nothing to smile about at full-time, obviously. We are a real Jeckell and Hyde team and its anyones guess whats going to happen next. Losing 1-5 isn't on the menu though..?

bingleyblade
bingleyblade

October 30th, 2011, 8:20 pm #3

Who says that Stevenage is the most boring town in England? I used to work at ICL in Stevenage in the 1980s / 1990s and I don't remember it being that bad, but then I did live in Letchworth at the time, which was a dry town, built on land owned by Quakers, so no pubs!

November 2nd, 2011, 2:38 am #4

Looking forward to next weeks game massively. Non-league just 2 years ago, and now hosting Sheffield United, also after having beaten Charlton and thrashing Sheffield Wednesday-you're quite welcome. ;)

Still seems surreal that we're playing you in the league and not a cup tie. Anyway hope you enjoy Stevenage etc, and have a safe journey down anyone travelling for the game. Don't hate us if we win, and best of luck. Should be a cracker (not as cracking as your game with Exeter today though hopefully!)
Now, respect goes to you mate,along with all your followers, You are playing Englands Historians on Saturday. "Brian Deane scored the 1st ever goal, Scored in The New English Premiere League on The Opening day & The Blades went on to win 2-1 against Manchester United".
The last time we played In The English 3rd tier,it was The 3rd Division then, League 1 sounds better though,i must admit. We went from The Old 1st Division down to The 4th & climbed back up, & made That Historical Day ,a day of dreams.
Sorry but We have to beat you lads on Saturday, but i hope you enjoy the experience Of Playing 1 of Englands Biggest Clubs. ( Thats not meant to sound Big Headed, But think of how BIG Our Scalp would be for you ).
Good luck for The Rest Of Your SEASON.
& Enjoy The CARNIVAL @ BRAMALL LANE
FOR OUR LAST HOME GAME IN 2012.
& Our Automatic Promotion Hopefully
The Newcastle Blades S.U.S.C.

log
log

November 4th, 2011, 11:09 am #5

Won't deny you that, but anything can happen in a cup final can't it? ;-) I won't deny I really am buzzing for this game, probably not as much as you lot are. I think if you under-estimate us, you'll be in for a shock though definitely.

November 5th, 2011, 2:05 am #6

Good look to yer mate, hope yer had a good n8s kip.The Blades Masses,will av an early start 2day on route to Stevenage, " United Win & Wendys Lose" that will be nice.

log
log

November 5th, 2011, 10:57 pm #7

I'm pretty happy with the result, and likewise our performance, against in fairness probably the best side we've faced so far this season. Your managers post-match comments however, do appear to be jumping on the 'slate-the-big-strong-physical-Stevenage-side' bandwagon. I thought we played a decent passing game at times, even if for the majority of the game we were very direct. I wouldn't be too downhearted, as the results against Wednesday and Charlton were certainly no fluke. We are a side on the up, and perhaps sides will take notice now. Teams always focus on our style, when its their own style and performance they should worry about.

Anyway, best of luck for the rest of the season, and see you again in April. Should be a decent away trip, right near my birthday as well!

Zal The Newcastle Blade
Zal The Newcastle Blade

November 6th, 2011, 12:20 pm #8

Well mate congratulations, Gutted is The Word.Lets hope yer dont spoil Our Promotion Party @ The Church Ov Bramall Lane Apr 28th :-(.