Soccer's Ched Evans and friend in sex quiz

Soccer's Ched Evans and friend in sex quiz

James Shield,(Award Winning Journo)
James Shield,(Award Winning Journo)

June 18th, 2011, 11:41 am #1

June 19th, 2011, 2:10 am #2

Must have been frustrated at not being able to breakdown any defense last season.

Would have been more effective if he had tried this on with the central defense of certain teams, rather than a 19 year old girl.

Didn't know that Rhyl had heard of disco's yet.

June 19th, 2011, 2:17 am #3

I,ve woken up in some very surprising places without my phone and bag.

Most memorable ( or rather don't remember a thing ), was getting up to find myself in the bushes in the middle of a roundabout in Macau in 98.
The sun woke me up as it was rather hot. I felt like s**t.

Don't remember getting there.....was on a night out in Hong Kong, but had some vague flashes of ferries and immigration.

Funny old game.

If , IF, the report is serious. Not too good for Ched's cred.

Duncan Disorderly
Duncan Disorderly

June 19th, 2011, 6:29 am #4

Its difficult territory to comment on this kind of thing. Of course I hope that it was just a big misunderstanding and no offence has been committed. However, the number of young footballers who appear to attract these situations is quite stunning really. Must be one a week reported, nearly. An indicator of their lifestyle if ever there was.

There is another aspect though, where I must tread very carefully, and I'm not talking about specifically about this case, but more from a social context. There is never an excuse for rape or abuse, but you do wonder why young women (especially) feel the need to drink themselves to a stage of insensiblity that they become so vulnerable as to wake up somewhere strange without a clue how they got there or what happened?

I guess that we've all got very drunk when we were young, but to routinely and purposely reach the stage of vomiting, losing control of your bladder, not being able to stand, not being aware of where you are? Why do they keep doing it, even plan and look forward to it, and learn nothing? From a personal safety view, being completely helpless and at the mercy of some other human being and whatever motives they may have isn't a great idea, is it? How do they keep getting served?

For example. Lets say that after a night out you were rudely woken by a policeman to find yourself in one of the flower beds in the Peace Gardens, with a bunch of scrapes and bruises and no wallet, then wouldn't you seriously consider a new 'top limit' to the number of pints on your next night out? No? Then I don't get it.

Is the hedonism and peer pressure so high..? Am I finally turning into an old fart?

Duncan Disorderly
Duncan Disorderly

June 19th, 2011, 6:45 am #5

Just reading the title of this post has reminded me of a dear old joke which I will share with you.

It concerns a man and his wife who go on a cruise. On the first night she has a headache and goes to bed straight after dinner, but he stays up. Anyway the rest of the party start to play a game where you have to speak for 5 mins on a subject that you draw from a hat. His turn comes around, he draws his subject and its...sex. He speaks for 5 minutes, then 10, then half and hour and everyone is applauds a fantastic talk.

The following morning the wife asks what they did, and he explained the game. 'What subject did you get?' asks the wife. The husband is a bit embarrassed and says 'Yachting'.

Anyway on the way to breakfast, there are several people still congratulating him on his talk, much to the wife's surprise, and they finally sit down when the Captain of the ship comes over to the husband and says 'Marvellous talk last night. Very informed. Even I learned some new things'.

'Well!' says the wife 'I don't know where he gets it from. He's only done it twice. The first time he was sick and the second time, his hat blew off!'...

wardlowwanderer
wardlowwanderer

June 21st, 2011, 6:53 pm #6

Dear God DD you must be bored. That must be Little & Large circa 1972.

Roll on the start of the season.

Duncan Disorderly
Duncan Disorderly

June 22nd, 2011, 4:56 am #7

Ronnie Corbett, 1982, actually.

wardlowwanderer
wardlowwanderer

June 22nd, 2011, 12:40 pm #8

Reading it back I can actually see him sitting in his chair and hear his voice. The Two ronnies - happy days

Duncan Disorderly
Duncan Disorderly

June 22nd, 2011, 3:24 pm #9

When I hear a lot of the modern comedians, frankly it makes me reach for the remote. Michael MacIntyre? Sorry, but you just aren't funny and you are the best of a poor bunch. (I will make an exception for Al Murray who's 'Landlord' character is a vehicle for some stunningly funny social commentary.).

I sometimes sit and watch a Two Ronnies re-run with the kids (teenagers...) and they find it funny too. Barker was a bone fide comic genius, but Corbett was much under-rated, imo. They were versatile across stand-up, musical, situation sketches and so on. The kids also enjoyed the Morecambe and Wise meet André Previn sketch, once they'd worked out what was going on. I think I was much influenced by Corbett in my own sense of humour, all that 'Its twenty years ago today that my wife said "I do", which surprised me because I didn't think she did.', was marvellous stuff to a young chap.

There are only one group worse than modern male standups, and that is modern female stand-ups, nope sorry. Periods are not funny, and there is no aspect of them that is. If you want funny females then Thora Hird, Hattie Jacques, Joyce Grenfell, Victoria Wood, even now are head and shoulders above anyone in the last twenty years. Now I really am starting to sound like an old fart...

wardlowwanderer
wardlowwanderer

June 22nd, 2011, 5:54 pm #10

Old fart or not - a lot of what you say is true and Ronnie Corbett was under appreciated. Other oldies I have on CD and love are Bob Newhart and Bob Hope. Then if you add in Laurel and Hardy, Abbot and Costello you have a perfect old fart afternoon.

I do like some new stuff though, but also agree that there are few modern comediennes (probably not actually allowed to use that word anymore)who are funny. There are also people like Omid Djalili and Stephen K Amos who would not be on TV if they were white middle class males because they are just not funny. They allow the BBC to tick their ethnicity programme boxes.