Season tickets

Season tickets

Huddersfield Blade
Huddersfield Blade

March 4th, 2011, 12:16 pm #1

Anyone else had the e-mail about season tickets - saying they are freezing prices. Seems a little early to be trying to get season ticket holders to renew when we don't know for sure which division we will be in. Not much of a bargain to be freezing the cost of tickets when we are 99.9% likely to be watching League One football next season. I for one won't be renewing mine yet.

icthusblade
icthusblade

March 4th, 2011, 1:09 pm #2

I've just received an invitation to buy a Season Ticket (ST) at same price as renewals. The letter states they "aim" to stop all offers next season so as not to diminish the savings of a ST.
I've added the "" as it's a bold move considering the state of the club and likely sales.
Also we've got until 17th April to buy/renew so it may be mathematically certain that we're down by then. Hope not but at least we'll know we're in the 3rd Division again.

This is a very bold move and I suspect it's the reason for the word "aim". Things might not work out and we may end up with even more disillusioned ST holders.

Anyway, it'll all look a lot brighter after tomorrow's results.
UTB

Huddersfield Blade
Huddersfield Blade

March 4th, 2011, 2:14 pm #3

Not sure it's a "bold move" rather a "desperate move" to get more money and sooner from the loyal core of fans than they otherwise might get. I think the timing is pretty poor as there was a lot of unrest in the crowd during the Derby game and I'm not altogether certain that a letter from Twiggy (who most fans don't think is doing a particularly good job at the club) is going to gee up the crowd.

granthamblades
granthamblades

March 4th, 2011, 3:44 pm #4

Totally agree with your sentiments Huddersfield.

UTB

bedfordblade
bedfordblade

March 4th, 2011, 4:00 pm #5

Really? It is a fact that they can keep mine. We have been totally let down. Jordan happy to go to Uttersfield---even Jordan deserting the sinking ship.
Wright appears to be a pemanent sick note. Williamson now will not go off sick because he needs a job somewhere next season.
Season Ticket sales will collapse. It was not long ago they could have sold 25K.
Meanwhile Birch tells us he is feeling the pain...................
Can anyone work out how much SUFC money was lost in China and Hungary?

icthusblade
icthusblade

March 4th, 2011, 6:14 pm #6

Not sure it's a "bold move" rather a "desperate move" to get more money and sooner from the loyal core of fans than they otherwise might get. I think the timing is pretty poor as there was a lot of unrest in the crowd during the Derby game and I'm not altogether certain that a letter from Twiggy (who most fans don't think is doing a particularly good job at the club) is going to gee up the crowd.
I agree it could well be both desperate as well as bold.

March 4th, 2011, 8:06 pm #7

Really? It is a fact that they can keep mine. We have been totally let down. Jordan happy to go to Uttersfield---even Jordan deserting the sinking ship.
Wright appears to be a pemanent sick note. Williamson now will not go off sick because he needs a job somewhere next season.
Season Ticket sales will collapse. It was not long ago they could have sold 25K.
Meanwhile Birch tells us he is feeling the pain...................
Can anyone work out how much SUFC money was lost in China and Hungary?
I doubt very much that we ever find out the true cost of the wasted excercise,but judging by the lack of any investment of any substance in the squad then it must be a substantial amount.
UTB

wardlowwanderer
wardlowwanderer

March 4th, 2011, 9:35 pm #8

I agree it could well be both desperate as well as bold.
If you sit on the Kop the price is good. I work with a guy who has a season ticket at Crewe and he pays, as near as damn it, the same as me. Their website states: 'Our prices remain one of the cheapest in the entire Football League and are actually better value than some at non-league clubs.' I know a bloke that has a season ticket for Stockort - £250 - and he's watching them drop out of the league. Even if we go down the renewal price on the Kop is good value - if you can afford it obviously. Jonn St and Cherry St are overpriced and always have been which is why I don't sit there.

The price freeze means we aren't paying for inflation or the new vat rate so in real terms it is actually cheaper than last year. There are many problems at the club but the pricing isn't anywhere near the most important. I can understand if people aren't renewing because they really are sick to death of being lied to by the board and having a 'team' that isn't a team. I can also understand if people don't renew because money's tight, but simply not renewing because the prices haven't gone down is no argument. I will renew because I can get my lad in for £10 and for the two of us over a season that's good value. I'm going to struggle with transport costs next season but I'll just have to cut back on the prawn sandwiches at half time :).

parisblade
parisblade

March 5th, 2011, 7:26 am #9

Excellent post wardlowwanderer, I fully agree. I'm a bit disappointed about the flexi tickets, they were great for us overseas Blades.

March 5th, 2011, 9:05 am #10

I think the season ticket offer is pretty hopeless. Its basically saying that league one will cost the same as champ, that they are withdrawing the £10/free ST for juniors after next year - just at a time when juniors are most likely to think 'I dont want to go any more anyway'. Oh and by the way, don't think you can get any cheap offers next season so renew or else.

Maybe they think the die hards will pay up anyway,and that the waverers wont be persuaded on price.

Its all rubbish at the Lane isnt it.