Same side today

Same side today

granthamblades
granthamblades

February 18th, 2012, 9:40 am #1

Mrs Grantham and myself will be at the game today and are looking forward to another Blades victory.Luckily Simmo appears to be back to his best and he along with the rest of the defenders are playing well and should guide us to another 3 points.Up front we also look strong ,but I cant see Danny Wilson making any alteration to the starting 11 and change a winning side,unless injuries forces his hand.

UTB.

February 18th, 2012, 10:43 am #2

Cheers Grantham.

I,m looking forward to a good stuffing of Preston with regards to the managers comments.

I,m also looking forward to staying awake for the game on BP, considering that I will have been up for 14 hours at the time of the kick off.

The highs and lows of living over here.

Chris

February 18th, 2012, 11:37 am #3

Are there any highs to living in Singapore?

Admittedly I've only been there once but you have an energy-sapping hot and humid climate, very expensive shops, and not very interesting food.

My wife and I enjoyed Hong Kong much more.

(PS Singapore's transport system is very good, we enjoyed the Night Zoo, and of course you have the best airport terminal in the world.)

granthamblades
granthamblades

February 18th, 2012, 11:43 am #4

Cheers Grantham.

I,m looking forward to a good stuffing of Preston with regards to the managers comments.

I,m also looking forward to staying awake for the game on BP, considering that I will have been up for 14 hours at the time of the kick off.

The highs and lows of living over here.

Chris
Hi Singapore,hope you manage to keep your eyes open long enough to witness yet another victory for our side.Blades to win 2-0 or 3-1,either way I reckon we can win today by 2 clear goals.Onwards and Upwards, we forever live in hope.

UTB

February 18th, 2012, 11:53 am #5

Are there any highs to living in Singapore?

Admittedly I've only been there once but you have an energy-sapping hot and humid climate, very expensive shops, and not very interesting food.

My wife and I enjoyed Hong Kong much more.

(PS Singapore's transport system is very good, we enjoyed the Night Zoo, and of course you have the best airport terminal in the world.)
Cheers Broomhill.

As far as Singapore goes, all I can say is "I,m only here for the beer".
Granted that the time spent here has been 10 years now.

I'll put it like this.

+ = enternal summer, easy life, good schools, close to Thailand (my adopted home), low income tax ( 15% approx.), very, very low crime rate, exchange rate to the shite pound!!

- = No Blades and a good beer.

I left the UK in 1996, I am 46 years old now.

Have a big family in Thailand, I wish I could stay there all my time but I can make more money away from the place.

FYI, I made 100K pounds last year, if you compare that to the silly exchange rate that the pound is on and the tax ( to pay for really silly things IMHO ), I feel it's a better choice.

Food is a distance second, have fish and chips and as India is closer, the options are endless.

My heart is in Thailand though, and that is a whole differnt ball game.

COME ON YOU BLADES

February 18th, 2012, 11:55 am #6

Hi Singapore,hope you manage to keep your eyes open long enough to witness yet another victory for our side.Blades to win 2-0 or 3-1,either way I reckon we can win today by 2 clear goals.Onwards and Upwards, we forever live in hope.

UTB
Broomhill, I have lived and worked in Hong Kong for 5 years also. A different fish from Singapore completely.

February 18th, 2012, 12:02 pm #7

Cheers Grantham.

I;m determined to stay awake for the game (Mrs SingaporeBlade is frowning).

The confidence, expectations and the thrill of actually listening to a Blades game (after the depression of the last two seasons) make missing it a real no-no.

The comments made by the Preston manager have made my BLOOD BOIL.

Onwards and upwards for SUFC.

"You fill up my senses......"

February 18th, 2012, 12:07 pm #8

Broomhill.

The reason I,m working here is to expand the underground train network.

Quite ironic for a guy rejected by countless companies on my leaving from school (start of the miners strike).

As much as I love the Blades/Sheffield and my family (you included) in the UK, I have to give a BIG VICTORY SIGN to the rest of it mate.

I ain't coming back as I have seen the grass is far greener on the otherside.

:)

February 18th, 2012, 12:08 pm #9

Rant over..............sorry guys!!

February 18th, 2012, 2:02 pm #10

I understand completely, SingaporeBlade.

I lived for 19 years in Kenya from 1966 - 1984.

Some of the happiest days of my life.

It's gone down the pan a bit since then, so I think we did the right thing by leaving when we did.