Pemberton to go?

Pemberton to go?

July 25th, 2012, 9:13 am #1

Looks like Crawley( the creepy ones !) are after Mark Pemberton as their new manager. What a fantastic job he has done at the Academy. We would miss him terribly but if he wants his opportunity to chance his arm as a manager then we won't be able to stop him. If he does go, it is an appointment that needs to be thought through carefully.

July 25th, 2012, 11:13 pm #2

Totally agree Alpine.
I know from my own career that you cannot stop ambition.
I always wanted to be a manager but not the expected when one got there.
A very vital role these days in the current financial plight of most clubs.
The academy has provided some funds into the club and while we would have liked to have seen the players retained, the funding has not allowed.
Many folk make the silliest comments re McCabe but no one else has put there hand in their pocket so far.
UTB

parisblade
parisblade

July 26th, 2012, 10:12 am #3

From interviews earlier this "summer" it sounds like the academy had been sorted out to allow him to train more with all ages. He'll be sorely missed. Who will replace him? Morgs? Good luck to him if he does and really can't blame him.

granthamblades
granthamblades

July 26th, 2012, 10:19 am #4

Being reported that he turned it down.

UTB

Mall
Mall

July 26th, 2012, 2:47 pm #5

I'm glad he has turned down the offer from Crawley.
John Pemberton is young enough to switch directions in his 50's if he wishes to but hasn't finished his remit here yet.
Morgan is not a man I would allow near the Academy team at this stage because it is too vital to us for the near future.
He should leave the club and develop his own expertise, gain new experiences and ideas from elsewhere before he is considered for a senior post at this club.
Training the development squad is really a holding role and he can learn minimal amounts in that position.
Pemberton and Wilson call the shots, as it should be.

parisblade
parisblade

July 29th, 2012, 1:14 pm #6

Agree with all of that Mall. Good to see Pembo turned it down.