April 21st, 2012, 3:57 pm #51

Its all going pear shaped.

We have to win the next two games.

oldblade
oldblade

April 21st, 2012, 3:57 pm #52

Oh No. Weds up
What a sickener. I thought that if they dropped points at least not too much damage would have been done. Nothing ever seems to go right for us.

April 21st, 2012, 3:58 pm #53

I'm off to bed. What a day, Ched away, new job for me, Blades defeated, Fowls won.

Pass me a valium

oldblade
oldblade

April 21st, 2012, 4:03 pm #54

I think this was pretty predictable after what has happened. With the best will in the world our squad was bound to be affected and Wednesday were bound to get a bit of a boost. Pressure well and truly back on.

bladeinthesouth
bladeinthesouth

April 21st, 2012, 4:18 pm #55

What a sickener. I thought that if they dropped points at least not too much damage would have been done. Nothing ever seems to go right for us.
It has been a pretty awful 24 hours.

I think your right about today Old Blade, it was on the cards. It doesn't sound as though we have played that badly and it will be interesting to hear if any reports make their way back to the site later.

In Wilson, we seem to have a guy who is able to keep things calm. We didn't collapse today, we just lost.

We just need to think about Stevenage now and we have a week for the fall out on the Evans case to calm down and the players to get their collective heads sorted and together.

WE ARE STILL A POINT AHEAD

WE HAVE A MUCH BETTER GOAL DIFFERENCE

UTB

oldblade
oldblade

April 21st, 2012, 4:25 pm #56

You are of course right. The last 24 hours has not been great. I felt before kick off that the likely outcome was a defeat for us and a win for Wednesday. But, as you say, we are still ahead. And it could have been worse. The players heads could have gone doiwn and we could have shipped a few goals. At the same time Wednesday (if they's put a few of their chances away) could have won by a hatful, and then the goal difference doesn't look so healthy.

However, I feel we will probably have to win both of our remaining games.

Duncan Disorderly
Duncan Disorderly

April 21st, 2012, 4:27 pm #57

It has been a pretty awful 24 hours.

I think your right about today Old Blade, it was on the cards. It doesn't sound as though we have played that badly and it will be interesting to hear if any reports make their way back to the site later.

In Wilson, we seem to have a guy who is able to keep things calm. We didn't collapse today, we just lost.

We just need to think about Stevenage now and we have a week for the fall out on the Evans case to calm down and the players to get their collective heads sorted and together.

WE ARE STILL A POINT AHEAD

WE HAVE A MUCH BETTER GOAL DIFFERENCE

UTB

No doubt. It was pretty much written in the stars for today. Shame that Carlisle didn't hold on for a point but such is life.

Still ahead on points. Piggies to Brentford next week isn't a given. Still all to play for. UTB...

oldblade
oldblade

April 21st, 2012, 4:33 pm #58

As you say, we are still ahead. But I do feel things have shifted against us. A couple of weeks ago it looked as though Stevenage would be out of the play off equation by the time we played them, and that Brentford would be knocking on the play off door. However, it has not turned out that way and our match against Stevenage now looks to be a very difficult one.

With regard to today, I think for us to have won would have been a performance of immense proportions given the last 24 hours.

granthamblades
granthamblades

April 21st, 2012, 4:40 pm #59

A really disappointing result and very concerned that we were not able to get a goal.The Unclean will now be fancying their chances and their confidence will be high.Danny will have his work cut out to motivate his men for the last home game.Sad to say it,but it feels today that the prize of automatic promotion is fading from view.

My thoughts are that now in the absence of Ched ,it was important that today,we did at least get on the score sheet,if only to break the psychological barrier of being able to score without Ched being on the field.Our team will again face that barrier when we play Stevenage,and they,like the unclean,will be full of confidence after their victory over Brentford.In essence the unclean will play Brentford ,who like the Blades will take a good measure of motivation if they are to win.We will have to pick ourselves up of the floor and play out of our socks to beat Stevenage,even though we are at home.

Danny Wilson will earn his wages this week.

UTB

oldblade
oldblade

April 21st, 2012, 5:06 pm #60

Well put. I have very similar feelings to what you've written. I don't know if it's just my natural pessimism coming to the fore, or just a realistic assessment of the current state of affairs.

A couple of weeks ago our match at home to Stevenage was lookeing easier than Wednesdays's match at Brentford. As things have turned out I don't think it is.

I just hope Wednesday fail to beat Brentford so that we don't go into that Stevenage match in third place.