Kyle Walker England Man of the Match

Kyle Walker England Man of the Match

Bladesmum
Bladesmum

November 15th, 2011, 9:59 pm #1

well done Kyle! Does anyone know what number he played for the Blades? My lad has got what I think is Kyle's autograph pinned to his wall but would just like to doublecheck!

November 16th, 2011, 10:40 am #2

He was number 34.

I gather he went to High Storrs School. Same as me.
He was a bit better at football than I was though....

(Make that a LOT better. I was rubbish).

bedfordblade
bedfordblade

November 16th, 2011, 8:34 pm #3

yet another reason why i feel fed up with McCabe (who also went to High Storrs). Walker was outstanding. Jags was terrific in game v. Spain. Cahill in team.
And then McCabe writes in accounts that Blackwell was sacked after a run of bad results> Really? A draw at Cardiff with 10 men and then defeat at home to the best team in the league? Having sold Walker and Naughton and Paddy!
Now we have sold Slew who looked an excellent prospect.
Mccabe writes that the lessons of lots of loan players have been learned--Really? How many have we got now, how many have we had?

November 16th, 2011, 9:20 pm #4

He was number 34.

Not at the same time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 16th, 2011, 9:26 pm #5

yet another reason why i feel fed up with McCabe (who also went to High Storrs). Walker was outstanding. Jags was terrific in game v. Spain. Cahill in team.
And then McCabe writes in accounts that Blackwell was sacked after a run of bad results> Really? A draw at Cardiff with 10 men and then defeat at home to the best team in the league? Having sold Walker and Naughton and Paddy!
Now we have sold Slew who looked an excellent prospect.
Mccabe writes that the lessons of lots of loan players have been learned--Really? How many have we got now, how many have we had?
Its no good working up to a frenzy Bedfordblade.
The game is about opinions and we are not the ones with our monies in it.
I do of couse understand where you are coming from.
If we just sell off all our better players then one finishes up in the lower leagues.
Has been very frustrating for a number of years now,even if we live in hope, but hope seems to be diminishing now.
Perhaps we should look forward to the January transfer window which could make or break our season.
UTB

Bladesmum
Bladesmum

November 16th, 2011, 9:32 pm #6

He was number 34.

Thanks Broomhill, its alongside Captain Blade and Kevin Blackwell's signatures and its definitely Kyles! Great school although there wasnt a girls football team in my day

November 16th, 2011, 9:49 pm #7

There wasn't a girls' football team in my day either (1951 - 56) but we used to watch the girls playing hockey in their gym slips. Are such garments still worn these days?

November 16th, 2011, 9:57 pm #8

Its no good working up to a frenzy Bedfordblade.
The game is about opinions and we are not the ones with our monies in it.
I do of couse understand where you are coming from.
If we just sell off all our better players then one finishes up in the lower leagues.
Has been very frustrating for a number of years now,even if we live in hope, but hope seems to be diminishing now.
Perhaps we should look forward to the January transfer window which could make or break our season.
UTB
Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Nobody knew just how good Kyle Walker would turn out to be.

Kyle Naughton on the other hand has not developed quite as well as some would have expected, though he still has time on his side.

We would never have been able to keep them, with richer clubs and agents offering the kind of money that SUFC could not afford.

What really screwed us was Spurs' taking Kyle Walker back at such short notice when we thought we had him for the season.

If we had managed to hang on to Kyle Walker, would he now be in the England team? I doubt it. We're not a fashionable club.

Bladesmum
Bladesmum

November 16th, 2011, 10:24 pm #9

There wasn't a girls' football team in my day either (1951 - 56) but we used to watch the girls playing hockey in their gym slips. Are such garments still worn these days?
I'm pleased to say no thank goodness!!!

Mall
Mall

November 17th, 2011, 9:12 am #10

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Nobody knew just how good Kyle Walker would turn out to be.

Kyle Naughton on the other hand has not developed quite as well as some would have expected, though he still has time on his side.

We would never have been able to keep them, with richer clubs and agents offering the kind of money that SUFC could not afford.

What really screwed us was Spurs' taking Kyle Walker back at such short notice when we thought we had him for the season.

If we had managed to hang on to Kyle Walker, would he now be in the England team? I doubt it. We're not a fashionable club.
Yes we did know how good he was going to be.
He was already exceptional and we let him go for circa £2m.
Such weaknesses has us where we are. We are prolific at it.