Kids football

Kids football

Bladesmum
Bladesmum

March 24th, 2011, 9:18 pm #1

Just wondered if anyone has had a similar experience? I manage a U9's team in the Midlands.I was late with my paperwork having postponed a match due to a frozen pitch and was hit with a £30.00 fine. At this level this seems ridiculous particularly when junior clubs are having to fundraise for things like kits and equipment! I sent an appeal in at a cost of £10.00 explaining that it was a genuine mistake and its my first season in charge. I now have to go to an Appeal hearing one night next week and plead my case to the League Secretary!

alpine blade
alpine blade

March 24th, 2011, 9:46 pm #2

Absolutely ridiculous! I have been a kids coach at all levels and all over the world. You must not pay this and should appeal and argue that this was an honest mistake and was simply a matter of ignorance. How are you expected to jump into a job and know how to deal with everything regarding paper work? Tell them you are an amateur coach, doing this out of the goodness of your heart and do they want to chase away a new coach. Don't be intimidated and be up front and straight with them. If they continue with their action, I will be surprised and will be willing to get involved. Let us know what happens. Good luck

Duncan Disorderly
Duncan Disorderly

March 24th, 2011, 10:18 pm #3

Unfortunately, the FA is well known for these kinds of things. They dream up fines to help pay for Wembley, (imo). My sons team manager told me they have brought in a ruling last week (yes with one or two games left in the season!) that the managers must now have the shirt numbers as well as the registration card numbers on the team sheets otherwise, guess what, its a £30 fine. The FA are ruining football from top to bottom...

bedfordblade
bedfordblade

March 25th, 2011, 9:12 am #4

sorry to read your stuff but i think they will have sent you this fine as a matter of routine and when you explain the circs then they should understand.
we often get little Hitlers running these jobs---most folk would not do it--so this is the chance for the ignorant hard working sort of character to impose their view of law and order.
If it was not for the likes of you then an awful lot of junior teams would fold.
Keep a smile on your face--even though you might be thinking all sorts of things at the appeal!
good luck

Bladesmum
Bladesmum

March 26th, 2011, 8:38 am #5

Absolutely ridiculous! I have been a kids coach at all levels and all over the world. You must not pay this and should appeal and argue that this was an honest mistake and was simply a matter of ignorance. How are you expected to jump into a job and know how to deal with everything regarding paper work? Tell them you are an amateur coach, doing this out of the goodness of your heart and do they want to chase away a new coach. Don't be intimidated and be up front and straight with them. If they continue with their action, I will be surprised and will be willing to get involved. Let us know what happens. Good luck
Thanks for the messages of support. the hearing is on Thursday night and I will let you know how I go on. I'm still amazed that it has to be taken to this extreme at a junior level and I'm being summoned to a formal hearing! I've already written and did make three phone calls to the Disciplinary Secretary (which weren't returned). Whatever happended to commonsense?! In the meantime the boys lost week and we really need a win tomorrow to say out of the bottom three-----

alpine blade
alpine blade

March 26th, 2011, 10:32 am #6

Sounds a very familiar scenario !!

Granthamblades
Granthamblades

March 26th, 2011, 11:18 am #7

Thanks for the messages of support. the hearing is on Thursday night and I will let you know how I go on. I'm still amazed that it has to be taken to this extreme at a junior level and I'm being summoned to a formal hearing! I've already written and did make three phone calls to the Disciplinary Secretary (which weren't returned). Whatever happended to commonsense?! In the meantime the boys lost week and we really need a win tomorrow to say out of the bottom three-----
Can I add my and Mrs Granthamblades support and wish you well for Thursday Bladesmum.

UTB

Bladegrandad
Bladegrandad

March 26th, 2011, 12:56 pm #8

This is petty bureaucracy gone mad!
Amateur football depends upon the goodwill of volunteers giving their time and effort
to organize games, often at their own expense.
Fines like this will only discourage those who are essential to our national game at grass root level.

Duncan Disorderly
Duncan Disorderly

March 31st, 2011, 7:33 pm #9

Just wondered if anyone has had a similar experience? I manage a U9's team in the Midlands.I was late with my paperwork having postponed a match due to a frozen pitch and was hit with a £30.00 fine. At this level this seems ridiculous particularly when junior clubs are having to fundraise for things like kits and equipment! I sent an appeal in at a cost of £10.00 explaining that it was a genuine mistake and its my first season in charge. I now have to go to an Appeal hearing one night next week and plead my case to the League Secretary!
How did you get on Bladesmum..?

Bladesmum
Bladesmum

March 31st, 2011, 9:02 pm #10

Back from the appeal and having a large glass of wine. Once I'd apologised and explained that I knew I was at fault they changed the appeal basis to being on the grounds of leniency! Basically just asked for some support as picked up the team after the kids were left high and dry at the end of last season (one lad in tears as he thought it was going to fold) and if it wasn't for me 11 lads wouldn't have a team. Had to leave the room whilst they made their decision , ate lots of humble pie and was given a £10.00 appeal fee. Thanks to the support of Bladesreunited I did it!