Its well and truely over.

Its well and truely over.

BladeintheEast
BladeintheEast

April 12th, 2011, 8:34 pm #1

Time to start planning for the league one. Get the kids blooded.

April 12th, 2011, 8:37 pm #2

Without a fight and 5 games to go.
What a total shambles and a Blades side with no bottle and fight
UTB

bladeinthesouth
bladeinthesouth

April 12th, 2011, 8:42 pm #3

Let the kids have their youth cup final first. Don't want them getting injured before that.

I would play them as a starting 11 with Lowton and Monty.

wardlowwanderer
wardlowwanderer

April 12th, 2011, 9:17 pm #4

I watched them last week and as enjoyable as it was apart from about 4 of them who might or might not make it, if we played them as the main body of the team next season we would be in League 2 the following season. We need to hope that someone's going to come along with a bit of cash at the end of this season to pay a quid to McCabe and then give a new manager a small amount to spend on L1/L2 players. Get some stability and hope for a play off promotion. Then splash some more cash the following season.

bladeinthesouth
bladeinthesouth

April 12th, 2011, 9:58 pm #5

I think Adams can sort this out close season.

I think there will be some modest amount of cash for him too. His post match interview tonight tells me that he is the right guy and my gut says he has it.

I do hope we see the development players and some of the youth team on saturday. We are down, ok its not mathetmatically done but we are down.

April 12th, 2011, 10:19 pm #6

I just hope we don't have to hear the same old quotes.
We are a well run club.
We have learned from this season and won't rely on loans next season.
We can't afford League 1 players over the summer because the agents are asking too much knowing we are Sheffield United but we will give the manager the funds to strengthen in the January window.
We will bring in quality not quantity.
We don't need to sell players.
Probably missed a few but just those hurt enough.

bladeinthesouth
bladeinthesouth

April 13th, 2011, 7:31 am #7

but i really hope they are what we want to hear and that he goes out and does something decent for once.

oldblade
oldblade

April 13th, 2011, 11:15 am #8

Without a fight and 5 games to go.
What a total shambles and a Blades side with no bottle and fight
UTB
There is much to be very depressed about this season, but it is the lack of any kind of fight that really rubs our noses in it.

Over the last 35 years at various times there have been United sides of fairly imited ability. But rarely one with so little backbone.

Huddersfield Blade
Huddersfield Blade

April 13th, 2011, 12:24 pm #9

Couldn't have put it better myself OldBlade - the lack of fight is really the thing that makes relegation worse.