Great result

Great result

November 13th, 2010, 5:57 pm #1

today. Nice to see us moving out of the drop zone and keeping a clean sheet. Sounds as though Simonsen commanded his area a lot better than in previous weeks although there were some hairy moments late on.

Well done lads and let's hope that this week's performances and results are the start of something good!

Duncan Disorderly
Duncan Disorderly

November 13th, 2010, 6:03 pm #2

Totally agree. Another good performance in our recovery. Cant forget that the catalyst for this is only on loan for another couple of weeks but lets enjoy it tonight...

SingaporeBlade
SingaporeBlade

November 13th, 2010, 6:58 pm #3

Fell asleep again, bloody time zones.

Really happy to se the result in our favour.

Bedfordblade
Bedfordblade

November 13th, 2010, 8:59 pm #4

OK something different. Kempston Town U15 Girls 4 Cranfield U15 Girls 3. League cup match. Victoria---Tor--to her friends and one of my grandchildren scored 2, first at 1-0 down, long ball down the middle--just like harry bassett--Tor had the pace to beat the high defensive line and to hammer the ball in. Next at 2-1 down scored from 5 yards out --they all count.a lass called Emma got the other two.
Would you believe Tor's team play in red and white stripes.
A genuine match played by a load of girls who love the game. No moaning to the ref. or other team mates.no professional fouls. all good stuff.
i know that Broomhill likes his geography--kempston is a town just south of beford. Cranfield is a university village between bedford and M1.
utb

November 14th, 2010, 10:42 am #5

Fell asleep again, bloody time zones.

Really happy to se the result in our favour.
I watched the highlights through a drunken haze last night, looking forward to deadbat's report as I think I remember us having one attack whilst the rest was all Milwall. I'd like to think it was BBC bias....

Duncan Disorderly
Duncan Disorderly

November 14th, 2010, 11:23 am #6

Sorry Hodge, Deadbat only does home games...

November 14th, 2010, 5:09 pm #7

today. Nice to see us moving out of the drop zone and keeping a clean sheet. Sounds as though Simonsen commanded his area a lot better than in previous weeks although there were some hairy moments late on.

Well done lads and let's hope that this week's performances and results are the start of something good!
Simmo did cut out alot of crosses and was bumped on a couple of occasions.
Although he didn't have one dangerous stop to make.
The defense are taking alot of criticism but they have only surrendered 8 goals away thats 2 less than table topping Cardiff,they had some scary moments in the first half showed improvement in the second.
Thats first win on tv for awhile lets make it another against Palace.With a bit of investment in the squad could see those 7 points out of a playoff position start to shrink.

November 14th, 2010, 8:22 pm #8

OK something different. Kempston Town U15 Girls 4 Cranfield U15 Girls 3. League cup match. Victoria---Tor--to her friends and one of my grandchildren scored 2, first at 1-0 down, long ball down the middle--just like harry bassett--Tor had the pace to beat the high defensive line and to hammer the ball in. Next at 2-1 down scored from 5 yards out --they all count.a lass called Emma got the other two.
Would you believe Tor's team play in red and white stripes.
A genuine match played by a load of girls who love the game. No moaning to the ref. or other team mates.no professional fouls. all good stuff.
i know that Broomhill likes his geography--kempston is a town just south of beford. Cranfield is a university village between bedford and M1.
utb
Ladies or girls football has come a long way over the last few years and played at a good standard.
My daughter used to play for Maidstone Ladies FC,in a SE league and the standard of play was high.
Coincidently I remember a game against Millwall Lions when I instructed here to mark a particular player constantly, where ever she went,we still lost the game but the Millwall player went on to play for England Ladies.
Good to watch your kids play and now the turn of the grand kids.
Just thought I would mention it in response to Bedford Blade.
UTB

November 14th, 2010, 8:31 pm #9

I watched the highlights through a drunken haze last night, looking forward to deadbat's report as I think I remember us having one attack whilst the rest was all Milwall. I'd like to think it was BBC bias....
If that is what the BBC said then it was totally unfair reporting.
Having been at the game I was surprised that we were passing it about so much and while there is still a long way to go, the determination and grit were there for all to see.
First live game since the QPR game so have not been since Speed took over.
Yes we had some times in defence when the ball could have gone in but it was our day and the win and the 3 points surely will lift confidence as seen in Yeates display,and we must make every effort to secure the signature of Reid who brings others into play.Lowton looks a good prospect as well.
Downsides for me cannot see what Evans contibutes for a £3million fee or any fee come to that, the sooner we can secure a striker who can score the better we will be.
I believe that light can now been seen at the end of a long tunnel.
UTB

granthamblades
granthamblades

November 14th, 2010, 10:32 pm #10

I agree about our team needing a striker who can score.But I do not see the powers that be paying out for a new one. Evans has failed as you say Kent to deliver and it begins to feel that it requires a big leap of faith to believe that he will ever be value for money,but its up to him to prove the growing band of doubters wrong,which I sincerely hope he does.
In relation to needing a striker and the club being reluctant to buy one, reminds me of the time when we signed Billy Deardon,who I recall was I think signed as a winger,but due to the circumstances at that time was converted into a very skillful nippy centre forward who scored plenty of goals and was good to watch and the fans really took him to their hearts.We have currently at our disposal a similar player in the form of Yeates and it has crossed my mind recently that he might be the answer.If we do manage to secure Reid on an extended loanYeates could be the type of player who could play in front of him and latch on to some of those decisive passes that Reid is capable of delivering.Its just a thought but if it happened it would be a bit like history repeating its self.If not Yeates a fit Ward could do a similar job for us
A win against Crystal Palace now looks on the cards ,so fingers crossed we should now start to climb out of trouble.

UTB