granrhamblades
granrhamblades

10:28 AM - Nov 15, 2010 #11

Sky Sports reporting that Reid is open for an extension of his loan deal,so its over to you Mr McCabe;you know it makes sense.

UTB

Reading Blade
Reading Blade

11:20 AM - Nov 15, 2010 #12

Sorry Hodge, Deadbat only does home games...
I went and I'll have a crack at a "Deadbat" style report this evening...

UTB and out of the relegation zone!

Reading Blade

8:01 PM - Nov 15, 2010 #13

I agree about our team needing a striker who can score.But I do not see the powers that be paying out for a new one. Evans has failed as you say Kent to deliver and it begins to feel that it requires a big leap of faith to believe that he will ever be value for money,but its up to him to prove the growing band of doubters wrong,which I sincerely hope he does.
In relation to needing a striker and the club being reluctant to buy one, reminds me of the time when we signed Billy Deardon,who I recall was I think signed as a winger,but due to the circumstances at that time was converted into a very skillful nippy centre forward who scored plenty of goals and was good to watch and the fans really took him to their hearts.We have currently at our disposal a similar player in the form of Yeates and it has crossed my mind recently that he might be the answer.If we do manage to secure Reid on an extended loanYeates could be the type of player who could play in front of him and latch on to some of those decisive passes that Reid is capable of delivering.Its just a thought but if it happened it would be a bit like history repeating its self.If not Yeates a fit Ward could do a similar job for us
A win against Crystal Palace now looks on the cards ,so fingers crossed we should now start to climb out of trouble.

UTB
Interesting comment Grantham as the very thought passed my mind at Millwall.
Yeates could fill a similar role.
Billy Dearden,very good buy for the Blades came from Chester for £10,000.
I saw him sat in the South Stand last season.
Ward has a similar style about him but does not score goals with the consistency that Dearden did.
A very good purchase for the money involved and served us well.
UTB