France vs England

France vs England

parisblade
parisblade

June 11th, 2012, 3:02 pm #1

God am I not looking forward to this. Told my MD (French) I'd watch the 1st half with him in his office...

June 11th, 2012, 6:45 pm #2

Just come back from the pub and a little surprised that we got a draw. I thought we did reasonably well and after chastising and then deriding my son for betting on us not to win a game, I look back and think that we are in quite a good position. A lot will depend on the game starting in 5 mins. I really think we will beat Sweden and then Ukraine playing us in the last game would be the key. If they get beat by France and get a draw or worse against Sweden, they are struggling when they play us. I am still not sure how Scott Parker ends up as one of our "key" players when he has very little going for him other than industry and tackling. We don't have any "game changers" to bring on,and like Sheff Utd. at the end of the season, wonder where the next goal is coming from.Anyway it'll do me and I am of to cheer on Sweden.

June 11th, 2012, 6:52 pm #3

I have enjoyed most of the games so far and have been encouraged by the play of some of the other teams.
While we have got a draw we do seem so lacking in indvidual skills that the overseas players have in their lockers.
As you say where do the goals come from?
No way will we win the contest but we knew that before the kick off.
Roy Hodgson at least is playing to our strengths.

granthamblades
granthamblades

June 12th, 2012, 9:01 am #4

The games so far have been enjoyable and we did well to hold France to 1-1 and like you say Kent,Hodgson is playing to our strengths.In many respects a bit like Danny did in the playoff final in that he made us hard to beat,but unable to score the winner.In terms of England goal scorers I think that Young is off the boil,but Welbeck looks on song.I just wonder if adding a bit more height and pressure up front in the shape of Carroll might be worth a try.Hodgson will be exploring all his options,but to be sure of getting to the next stage he knows we need to win a game.

UTB

June 12th, 2012, 9:11 am #5

I was intrigued to see the other day that Spain started their match without a striker.

Maybe the Danny Wilson/Blades Way is catching on!

parisblade
parisblade

June 12th, 2012, 9:51 am #6

Haha, that was funny! Glad to see they blamed the pitch and not the tactics. I agree with that yesterday was a LOT better than I thought it would be. Also showed up some weaknesses in the French team. Their defence isn't great and Mexes has the turning circle of a P&O ferry!