Cresswell

Cresswell

bedfordblade
bedfordblade

August 29th, 2011, 11:49 am #1

Anybody know what has happened to this bloke? Anybody know what tablets he is on? He is playing like a new man compared to last season. He was an absolute carthorse and now he is in the thick of it. Lots of goals---back defending like a top player---hence the own goal last week. A good match on saturday. So what has changed?

August 29th, 2011, 1:42 pm #2

Has he perhaps found his level?

parisblade
parisblade

August 29th, 2011, 2:39 pm #3

Undoubtedly Saneblade. Isn't a bad thing, hopefully he'll continue to thrill, entertain and score plenty this season!

August 29th, 2011, 2:41 pm #4

Anybody know what has happened to this bloke? Anybody know what tablets he is on? He is playing like a new man compared to last season. He was an absolute carthorse and now he is in the thick of it. Lots of goals---back defending like a top player---hence the own goal last week. A good match on saturday. So what has changed?
I would suggest it is down to Danny Wilson imho, who has previously stated that he believes in putting round pegs in round holes.
I seem to recall that for the majority of last season he was played down the left hand side.
Primarily he has always been a centre forward and despite his assurances that he is happy to play where he is asked,he must be more happy playing in his own position.
It has given him the confidence to perform and despite the next comment by SaneBlade I think he would have played better last season in his rightful position.
It is called man management and Danny Wilson so far seems to excel in that department.
So far I have to say I think he is proving to be an excellent appointment and all credit must go to Kevin McCabe for getting this one right.
UTB

Duncan Disorderly
Duncan Disorderly

August 29th, 2011, 3:25 pm #5

Undoubtedly Saneblade. Isn't a bad thing, hopefully he'll continue to thrill, entertain and score plenty this season!
We appear to be trying to play to ball to him, not firing it at a target over his head, and not having him out on the right as a makeshift winger. Playing players where they can play, thats a novelty...

August 29th, 2011, 3:32 pm #6

I would suggest it is down to Danny Wilson imho, who has previously stated that he believes in putting round pegs in round holes.
I seem to recall that for the majority of last season he was played down the left hand side.
Primarily he has always been a centre forward and despite his assurances that he is happy to play where he is asked,he must be more happy playing in his own position.
It has given him the confidence to perform and despite the next comment by SaneBlade I think he would have played better last season in his rightful position.
It is called man management and Danny Wilson so far seems to excel in that department.
So far I have to say I think he is proving to be an excellent appointment and all credit must go to Kevin McCabe for getting this one right.
UTB
All credit to McCabe for appointing Wilson - part of me wants to agree with that, but part of me thinks that this game is basically a game of chance plus money. So maybe it doesn't matter who you appoint really - pick an L1/L2 manager out of a hat, add as much money as you can afford, roll the dice. Wilson doesn't look any better an appointment than Adams really - but results have gone well so everyone thinks 'good appointment'. Sorry to be cynical.

By the way, I wonder how much sillier the Prem can get before fans start turning away. Maybe in ten years the fans will be a bit like members of the public drafted in for a crowd scene in a film - ie they get paid.

parisblade
parisblade

August 29th, 2011, 3:36 pm #7

We appear to be trying to play to ball to him, not firing it at a target over his head, and not having him out on the right as a makeshift winger. Playing players where they can play, thats a novelty...
Haha, very true Duncs :) I don't care what it is as long as it's working!

parisblade
parisblade

August 29th, 2011, 3:47 pm #8

All credit to McCabe for appointing Wilson - part of me wants to agree with that, but part of me thinks that this game is basically a game of chance plus money. So maybe it doesn't matter who you appoint really - pick an L1/L2 manager out of a hat, add as much money as you can afford, roll the dice. Wilson doesn't look any better an appointment than Adams really - but results have gone well so everyone thinks 'good appointment'. Sorry to be cynical.

By the way, I wonder how much sillier the Prem can get before fans start turning away. Maybe in ten years the fans will be a bit like members of the public drafted in for a crowd scene in a film - ie they get paid.
Micky had it stacked up against him and if the rumours are true never had the dressing room. Football is about winning and if you can do it in a certain style or a bit of luck, all the better. The fact of the matter is that Danny is doing that, at least for the time being.

August 30th, 2011, 1:31 pm #9

If Micky had the dressing room stacked against him what does that say re his man-management skills?
UTB