Blessing in Disguise

Blessing in Disguise

February 14th, 2011, 4:14 pm #1

Although I don't wish any player harm, it is a blessing in disguise that Monty is out for a few weeks. It's unfortunate that Adams has followed Warnock, Blackwell and, to some extent, Speed, in confusing Monty's activity with achievement. Recent concerns in the Club have been about centre-backs and strikers but the midfield lack of creativity has been with us for a few years. Monty and Quinn just don't have any. I now feel confident that we will start the comeback by beating Reading.

Frwl
Frwl

February 14th, 2011, 7:13 pm #2

Crap. Its a shame sheep like you follow the myth instead of looking at what he does. Massive loss actually

February 14th, 2011, 7:37 pm #3

Every fan is entitled to their opinions,the beauty of the game, but the loss of Monty is a massive blow.
We all know his limitations,but he will go through a brick wall for the Blades.
Put that with the loss of Morgs and the lack of activity in bringing in any loan players then regretfully I am coming to the conclusion that we will go down.
UTB

oldblade
oldblade

February 14th, 2011, 8:16 pm #4

I think it is a blow. But on the bright side, it means we won't have Doyle and Montgomery as the centram midfield pairing with Williamson out on the wing (never his best position). We are now more likely to have Doyle and Williamson in the middle. A much better central midfield pairing IMHO.

But I do agree with FRWL that Montgomery is a much maligned and under rated player.

February 14th, 2011, 8:32 pm #5

I agree OB, Doyle and Williamson in the centre is no way a disaster. I wonder who'll be on the wings? Quinny and Yeates?

bladeinthesouth
bladeinthesouth

February 14th, 2011, 8:38 pm #6

I think it is a blow. But on the bright side, it means we won't have Doyle and Montgomery as the centram midfield pairing with Williamson out on the wing (never his best position). We are now more likely to have Doyle and Williamson in the middle. A much better central midfield pairing IMHO.

But I do agree with FRWL that Montgomery is a much maligned and under rated player.
I think Montgomery is an under rated player. All the scouts, managers aren't wrong and his energy is something we will sorely miss. The opportunity tomorrow throws up a chance to play a different pairing in the centre. I'd be pleased to see Calve - Doyle - Willo and Yeates tomorrow night. Would offer some width and perhaps greater creativity in the middle.

I'd play Slew tomorrow evening. Reading are slow as hell at the back and would be susceptable to his pace. Would play Ched or Boggy alongside him.

Would also think about Nos at right back. Unfortunately he will play Ertl centre and Will out right instead of Calve.

oldblade
oldblade

February 14th, 2011, 8:43 pm #7

I agree OB, Doyle and Williamson in the centre is no way a disaster. I wonder who'll be on the wings? Quinny and Yeates?
Probably. But I wouldn't mind seeing someone like Lowton there, or maybe Calve.

oldblade
oldblade

February 14th, 2011, 8:50 pm #8

I think Montgomery is an under rated player. All the scouts, managers aren't wrong and his energy is something we will sorely miss. The opportunity tomorrow throws up a chance to play a different pairing in the centre. I'd be pleased to see Calve - Doyle - Willo and Yeates tomorrow night. Would offer some width and perhaps greater creativity in the middle.

I'd play Slew tomorrow evening. Reading are slow as hell at the back and would be susceptable to his pace. Would play Ched or Boggy alongside him.

Would also think about Nos at right back. Unfortunately he will play Ertl centre and Will out right instead of Calve.
I agree withwhat you've written.

With regard to Montgomery, can Warnock, Robson, Blackwell, Speed and Adams all have been so wrong about him? I doubt it.

wardlowwanderer
wardlowwanderer

February 14th, 2011, 8:52 pm #9

When (if?) we go down Monty will be one of the first players that other Championship clubs come in for and he will be the player who brings in most transfer money - that's how crap Monty is.

granthamblades
granthamblades

February 14th, 2011, 9:52 pm #10

When a team is in a relegation struggle Monty's midfield defensive skills courage and energy are the stuff that helps you through the crisis.His loss over the next six weeks to our team give a greater advantage to our opposition.The remaining players will need to redouble their efforts if we are to salvage anything from the Reading game.Needless to say I am a member of the Monty appreciation society.

UTB