BladesReunited - end of season

BladesReunited - end of season

May 3rd, 2011, 4:40 pm #1

BRU has now been running for two (or is it three) full seasons, and before the summer break we would like to invite any comment on any aspect of the forum.  We have stopped the daily news item, mainly because there has been almost no interesting Blades news this year, and replaced it with more polls, which seem very popular.  Suggestions for content or even structure (should we move to a different platform, close, stop paying our hosting fees and go ad-supported, or carry on as is) are most welcomed.

Whilst it is disappointing that we have not attaracted the level of participation of the old BU forum, we do get tens of thousands of hits every month - about half a million this season in all.  The peak month, interestingly, was February.

BRU wishes every Blade a good summer.

BladesReunited

Huddersfield Blade
Huddersfield Blade

May 3rd, 2011, 5:56 pm #2

I like the polls very much and they seem to attract quite a lot of interest. Never bothered with the daily news as it is just as easy to google Sheffield United news but would like to see perhaps the table, next fixture or player with most goals (this would have been low this season I know) somewhere on the page.

I don't think Blades Reunited should stop - it provides a good service to Blades at home and abroad and doesn't have the bad language of other sites. So keep up the hardwork all at Blades Reunited. We're mega grateful for someone paying the hosting fees to give us a voice.

parisblade
parisblade

May 3rd, 2011, 8:27 pm #3

Thanks BRU for doing an excellent job. Nothing needs changing for me, its easy to follow and see when there are new messages/replies. More than anything I'd be happy to go for a few drinks with anyone on here. We have our opinions but we respect each other. After all, we're all Blades aren't we...

wardlowwanderer
wardlowwanderer

May 3rd, 2011, 9:11 pm #4

BRU has now been running for two (or is it three) full seasons, and before the summer break we would like to invite any comment on any aspect of the forum.  We have stopped the daily news item, mainly because there has been almost no interesting Blades news this year, and replaced it with more polls, which seem very popular.  Suggestions for content or even structure (should we move to a different platform, close, stop paying our hosting fees and go ad-supported, or carry on as is) are most welcomed.

Whilst it is disappointing that we have not attaracted the level of participation of the old BU forum, we do get tens of thousands of hits every month - about half a million this season in all.  The peak month, interestingly, was February.

BRU wishes every Blade a good summer.

BladesReunited

I think BR is good as it is but if having a few ads on each page would help pay for costs then so be it. It's nice to have somewhere that doesn't have members/posters who are full of their own importance (should be impotence?).

See you all in Division 3. Maybe it'll be a promotion season, or even relegation or mid-table nothingness. We'll just have to wait and see.

Have a great pre-season.

alpine blade
alpine blade

May 3rd, 2011, 9:19 pm #5

Thanks BRU for doing an excellent job. Nothing needs changing for me, its easy to follow and see when there are new messages/replies. More than anything I'd be happy to go for a few drinks with anyone on here. We have our opinions but we respect each other. After all, we're all Blades aren't we...
It's just a pleasure using this site. The comments are intelligent, well thought out and I look forward to the postings. As one of the oldest Blades on here and with a United heritage I am more than happy to use this site. However, I don't think I would use any of the others. By the way, Paris, I understand we will be drinking together in Paris next November.

May 3rd, 2011, 9:42 pm #6

I think BR is good as it is but if having a few ads on each page would help pay for costs then so be it. It's nice to have somewhere that doesn't have members/posters who are full of their own importance (should be impotence?).

See you all in Division 3. Maybe it'll be a promotion season, or even relegation or mid-table nothingness. We'll just have to wait and see.

Have a great pre-season.
This is a great forum if ads are needed go for it.
Not to worry W.W.no relegation next season I don't do those.
I came over for matches in our promotion season skipped the Prem season and this one .I am coming over for matches next season so I expect another promotion.UTB!
Well we can live in hope!

Duncan Disorderly
Duncan Disorderly

May 4th, 2011, 5:30 am #7

It's just a pleasure using this site. The comments are intelligent, well thought out and I look forward to the postings. As one of the oldest Blades on here and with a United heritage I am more than happy to use this site. However, I don't think I would use any of the others. By the way, Paris, I understand we will be drinking together in Paris next November.
Agree. It is nice to be able to express yourself, whether positively or negatively without being categorised as clapper or slasher and be descended upon by the other faction, or stumbling through pages of McCabe out, Adams Out, tea lady out. I used to think of BU as the House of Lords vs Bladesmand's House of Commons. This place is more like a Quaker meeting. Reflect on the almighty and if you feel the need, speak out and rejoice in the name of Sheffield United!

As I understood, Network54 who this site is hosted with, is free from cost, but personally, I'd rather chip in a few quid for its upkeep (as I have done on the other sites) than to have adverts. Thats just my personal choice...

grantthamblades
grantthamblades

May 4th, 2011, 7:55 am #8

This is a great forum if ads are needed go for it.
Not to worry W.W.no relegation next season I don't do those.
I came over for matches in our promotion season skipped the Prem season and this one .I am coming over for matches next season so I expect another promotion.UTB!
Well we can live in hope!
TO my mind this is far the best of the forums.Not much imo needs changing,but if it helps out with costings then a few adverts would be ok.Some of the threads are very goog and make enjoyable reading,while they add to the general debate.Long may it continue.

UTB

May 4th, 2011, 10:31 am #9

Totally agree with that view and in general with all the others.
Imho this is by far the best site with sensible posters,who do have differing opinions,but do also have respect for others.
While there are some interesting posts on S24SU,again in my opinion they do take some trawling through to find,but while I am fairly broad minded I get tired of all the foul languidge and constant abuse and general sniping that takes place.
If this site is not as well used I am sure that all posters on here of all ages do enjoy discussions with other Blades.
The South Yorkshire fans forum is also a good site,with none of the abuse of the others but one really needs a wicked sense of humour to join in with a lot of the posts as there is excellent banter predominately between the red half of the city and the blue half but I am sure we are all football friends together.
The only add on I would like to see would be a spell checker if possible.
UTB

granthamblades
granthamblades

May 4th, 2011, 10:49 am #10

Hi Kent ,I know what you mean about a spell checker,if it helps GOOGLE CHROME have one which checks while you write.

UTB