a little bit of fun

a little bit of fun

bedfordblade
bedfordblade

April 22nd, 2011, 10:54 am #1

OK--let's have some light hearted fun. You have to name the cities or towns which host true "derby" matches. So Leeds v. Rotherham does not count. In fact anything involving Leeds does not count. In short you have to have two or more clubs in the same town or city. I will give you one to get you started---Sheffield, Blades v. Pigs. There you are--easy. Only 7 more to go. There will be a prize of a cuddly toy or a pair of sliding doors for the first to post the correct 7 remaining.
I am a betting man and we'll see if anybody can do it.

April 22nd, 2011, 11:22 am #2

Could it be Manchester CITY/UNITED, Notts Forest/County Liverpool/Everton,Bristol Rovers/City, Blades/Wendys,Birmingham City/Villa, Glasgow Rangers/Celtic, Edinburgh, Hearts/Hibs.
Billy No mates just been Ironing my Shirt For The Lane 2moro,Lets hope The Iron lose Today & we can catch them up, come Next Sat The Great Escape,Av Renewed mi season tkts what ever. Keep The Faith Our Kid.

bedfordblade
bedfordblade

April 22nd, 2011, 12:40 pm #3

Good try but--England only---2 to go!

oldblade
oldblade

April 22nd, 2011, 1:56 pm #4

Port Vale v Stoke is one of them. What about all the London clubs? There must be more than 8 derbies in London alone.

bedfordblade
bedfordblade

April 22nd, 2011, 3:15 pm #5

Give yourself a pat on the back Oldblade--no flies on you!

April 23rd, 2011, 9:38 am #6

Here's one for you, Sunderland did it in 1979, Villa did it in 1981, who did it in 1980 and what was it? No using the internet now....

alpine blade
alpine blade

April 24th, 2011, 9:10 pm #7

Brooking. Scored the winner in a Cup Final