4 posts • Page 1 of 1
EYNOMIA BREAK FREE ALBUM 2018
- Joined: February 12th, 2014, 6:26 pm
EYNOMIA BREAK FREE, ALBUM, PURE LEGEND RECORDS 2018
EYNOMIA, are a 5 piece female fronted symphonic rock/metal band hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA..
EYNOMIA, Album line-up.
PHYLLIS RUTTER, VOCALS.
CHRIS BICKLEY, GUITARS.
MIKE LEPOND, BASS.
JIMMY PITTS, KEYBOARDS.
GAETANO NICOLOSI, DRUMS.
1. CLEANSING: - We open with keys and a super classical vibe as the symphonic element kicks in and we progress into a more rockier sound with powerful drums and heavy guitars. Phyllis's vocals are highly enjoyable and classy. The number rolls along with grandeur and is delivered with symphonic flair. There is great power in the track, with soaring lead shredding from Chris and deep bass lines from Mike throughout. The number climbs to a higher level reaching a dramatic climax before slowing right down with some lovely tinkling chimes that mellow the track out at the end.
RUNNING TIME: - 5 MINS.
2. SOMEDAY MAYBE: - Classy, swirling guitar licks and orchestration open this very appealing track that has a pleasant aura. Phyllis's vocals are of an excellent quality as she rises above the symphonics. The number whirls around you and encompasses you with ease. Wonderful melodic lead solos further in the track are an absolute joy. This is an easy listening number, with lots of power and feeling that is top class.
RUNNING TIME: - 4.14 MINS.
3. TILL WE MEET AGAIN: - A heavier more gloomier sound assails you in this mix of classic symphonic metal. Slowly in its approach as it gradually creeps over you. Phyllis really shines once again with her outstanding vocal delivery. The addition of some synth noises in the background give the number another texture. Gaetono's rock solid drumming beats out a great tempo along with Mike's heavy rumbling bass lines. There is, what I think, a flamenco sounding guitar producing some tasty licks before the soaring lead guitar comes in, lifting the track even higher. A highly appealing, effective number, symphonic style metal of the highest quality.
RUNNING TIME: - 5.32 MINS.
4. BREAK FREE: - The title track is much more of a different affair that begins with some lovely acoustic style guitar notes and female vocals. The number has a softer approach with accompanying upsurges of power. Soft guitar work in the number mixes well with the heavier licks from the bass and is classy.Phyllis's vocals ooze feeling and emotion as she delivers this wonderful song. Great construction and mix to be had here as the whole number draws you right in with its over all make up. The guitar work is top notch and is very appealing, whilst the classical style piano at the end, which finishes the track, is excellent.
RUNNING TIME: - 4.53 MINS.
5. LET IT GO: - We are off with a darker, heavier symphonic vibe, chugging guitar riffs take us along as the track begins to open up. This is another excellent piece of heavy symphonic metal that grinds its way into you. A dark thread is evident as it runs through the track and stands out. The keys in the mix add a slight Gothic tint to the mixture, the soaring melodic lead guitar licks are, once again, top class, whilst Phyllis's superb vocals climb easily above the heavier arrangements.This is one hell of a powerful number that takes no prisoners,yet is haunting and enchanting in its own way.
RUNNING TIME: - 4.01 MINS.
6, THROUGH YOUR EYES: - This is a gentler affair with heartfelt vocals from Phyllis and some wonderful keys/piano from Jimmy that really shine throughout. This is a stunning number that has plenty of emotive feelings that touch your heart and soul. A beautiful song that shows off Phyllis's more softer, mellower vocals. The whole number including its arrangements are a joy, bringing a tear to one's eye. SHEER BLISS.
RUNNING TIME: - 4.55 MINS.
7. I CAN TELL: - We are back with a darker symphonic mode. A classy number once again as it trawls along with heavy rumbling bass and drums together with grinding guitar licks, all combining together along with delightful crystal clear vocals from Phyllis, creating a stupendous atmospheric vibe. Chris's lead solo shredding soar and cut into your senses, whilst Jimmy's keys swirl around,adding their own flavour. The track just grows and grows as it moves forward with a classy epic feel. An outstanding listen that keeps you hooked and engrossed all the way through.
RUNNING TIME: - 5.06 MINS.
8. TAKE A LOOK: - A short faster paced metal rocker on offer here. The number races along with a great chorus line and Phyllis's classy vocals. The track has super power house drumming from Gaetono as he supplies a rock solid bass. The track would make a great single with its commercial style appeal and would be a great listen on the radio. You can easily join in and sing along with this track. The number has plenty of high power and exciting energy to keep the adrenaline going, before coming to a halt.
RUNNING TIME: - 3.29 MINS.
9. WHEN ITS OVER: - We are back in full symphonic swing with lots of deep bass and pounding drums, together with a rousing symphony style arrangement. A super song that is highly enjoyable and very appealing. The track engulfs you with its top notch flavours. Soaring lead guitar shredding once again take you to another level in the latter stages. Phyllis delivers the song in fine style, climbing above the powerful sound. The chorus lines are enjoyable as the number keeps you engrossed and mesmerized all the way through. A brilliant number that doesn't falter and a great way to bring the curtain down on the album.
RUNNING TIME: - 4.58 MINS.
A CLASSY ALBUM BY A CLASS ACT, This is definitely one of my favourite top releases of the year. What makes this album stand out is the much more approachable and appealing side to the usual Symphonic metal that you have around. No operatic warblings and no overblown pompous symphonic arrangements needed. EYNOMIA have produced a much more interesting and exciting blend of straight forward symphonic metal with out getting bogged down with over produced arrangements. This is a fine collection of excellent songs that are delivered in a grande way.
Very hard to pick out a standout track or two, they are all of a bloody good quality. Personally if I had to choose any favourites, then it would be 'LET IT GO' and 'THROUGH YOUR EYES', but in truth I love every song. The songs will be buzzing around in your head long after the album has finished. A QUALITY ALBUM..HIGHLY RECOMMENDED...10/10
0 people like this