An article about Bix in a Korean Journal.

An article about Bix in a Korean Journal.

July 9th, 2018, 2:04 pm #1

A Study on the Similarity between Bix Beiderbecke and early 20th English Literature.
Record Info
Author Kim, Hyoeng-ChunCho, Tae-Seon
Published 31/8/2012
Volume13
Issue8
Publication TitleJournal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society
Start Page3366
End Page3370
ISSN1975-4701
doi10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.8.3366
LanguageEnglish

Abstract

Bix Beiderbecke is a cornet player known as the first white jazz musician with white sound. In this study, we will see the similarity between his originality in black jazz field and `Stream of consciousness` in 20th century`s english literature. It is hard to verify how these two arts affect each other, and it is also very interesting to see the resemblance between jazz and the literature in their forms of expression. Especially, a jazz artist should have common understanding with english literature in the way of the expression, we are to pay more attention to the different form of the artistic works and study more about them to express in our way.

Lost in translation? Makes no sense to me.

July 10th, 2018, 12:12 am #2

I wonder what the author thinks makes a sound 'white?' The only thing I've heard about Bix's reading is some comments about him liking P.G. Wodehouse, and the thing about him showing some awareness of Proust to an interlocuter who didn't expect him to be literate.

July 10th, 2018, 5:07 pm #3

Of course it makes no sense. It's typical academic pretentious nonsense.

July 10th, 2018, 5:46 pm #4

'It is hard to verify how these two arts affect each other...'
Let's not consider the null hypothesis. That would kill off the bogus paper industry.

July 11th, 2018, 8:11 am #5

I have security concerns over this new site and its admin. I have recently had eye surgery. Apart from the medical people, the only people that have knowledge of this have been relations and friends through emails. Yet an advert pops up on the site (for me only?) advertising laser treatment for cataract problems. Coincidence?

July 15th, 2018, 12:31 am #6

Alex, I don't know how the law about Internet Service Providers works in England. Here, I often use Google Chrome as my browser & Gmail for emails. As a result, Google keeps track of everything I search and inserts ads that match.

My guess is your browser is tracking you rather than this site.