Joined: August 17th, 2011, 9:11 pm

April 16th, 2018, 3:44 pm #51

I was talking about 247 still having him signed to UTEP...they really need to update their site, too many incorrect prospects.

I could live with a year of Bell/Orr/Kaba/Eyman (hoping) up front, provided, we ink Orlando Robinson. 

I'll have to catch some OLu games next year to see Potter, don't know squadoosh abotu him
Quote
Like
Share

parkj19
Member
Joined: August 22nd, 2013, 10:39 pm

April 17th, 2018, 1:40 pm #52

qrich.clippers wrote: I was talking about 247 still having him signed to UTEP...they really need to update their site, too many incorrect prospects.

I could live with a year of Bell/Orr/Kaba/Eyman (hoping) up front, provided, we ink Orlando Robinson. 

I'll have to catch some OLu games next year to see Potter, don't know squadoosh abotu him
Yeah, good call about the 247 site....I initially thought it was up to date....clearly it's not.
Quote
Like
Share

NorRidgLum
Member
Joined: January 4th, 2008, 7:24 am

April 17th, 2018, 2:03 pm #53

parkj19 wrote:
qrich.clippers wrote: I was talking about 247 still having him signed to UTEP...they really need to update their site, too many incorrect prospects.

I could live with a year of Bell/Orr/Kaba/Eyman (hoping) up front, provided, we ink Orlando Robinson. 

I'll have to catch some OLu games next year to see Potter, don't know squadoosh abotu him
Yeah, good call about the 247 site....I initially thought it was up to date....clearly it's not.
Okay... I'll re-insert Eyman in to Gott's Scholarship Offers list.
Quote
Like
Share

parkj19
Member
Joined: August 22nd, 2013, 10:39 pm

April 17th, 2018, 9:24 pm #54

More on Rodney Rocket Henderson:

He played one year at Fulleron College:
Bio: “Rocket” comes to the Hornets after playing one year of prep school this past year at Avon Old Farms in Connecticut. Previous to that he prepped at St. John Bosco High school where he averaged 18 points a game and was a CIF and State Champion. He is the school record holder for 3 point percentage on a season and was a First Team All Long Beach Dream Team as a senior.

Coaches Quote: “Rocket was a surprise to the recruiting class as a late addition and we are very pleased to have him. He is a great student and person with a tremendous amount of basketball skill. He can guard multiple positions and make 3’s with the best of them. With continued strength and conditioning Rocket should be a key component of this year’s Hornet team.”

Here's a link to him playing bb at Avon Old Farms (he looks really good):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZFLwb7Idy8
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: August 17th, 2011, 9:11 pm

May 2nd, 2018, 3:26 pm #55

qrich.clippers wrote: Darius Brown would be a phenomenal addition. He just had a 20-assist game without turning it over often in a state playoff game and was crucial in Pasadena nearly coming back from down 30 to win at Chino Hills despite shady officiating. Saw Eyman once, and he held his own against Jonathan Salazar of Bosco. 

Still hoping for Jamal Hartwell & Tyree to get offered. 
Speaking of Jonathan Salazar, CSUN just officially offered him. 

'Dors are joining a long list of schools that want him, and a list that will continue to expand. I've seen a good amount of Salazar, and he's the perfect case of a Jekyll & Hyde type of player. When he's in the zone, he can't be stopped. When he isn't...well.

Anyways, these are his current offers besides CSUN:
Utah Valley
Utah State
Pacific 
Santa Barbara
Pepperdine
Oregon State
Colorado
Cal Baptist
Quote
Like
Share

NorRidgLum
Member
Joined: January 4th, 2008, 7:24 am

May 9th, 2018, 3:09 pm #56

2019 High School Seniors: Anderson, Lucas, Richardson, Scranton, Boatwright and Jones; have been upgraded by VerbalCommit.  I hope that Coach Gott is honoring the scholarship offers that were originally extended by Coach Theus.
Quote
Like
Share

Filipino
Member
Filipino
Member
Joined: May 11th, 2018, 11:16 pm

May 12th, 2018, 12:44 am #57

Kobe Paras must go back to CSUN. 
Quote
Like
Share

csunfoley
Member
Joined: November 12th, 2011, 8:18 am

May 12th, 2018, 2:26 pm #58

Speaking of long shots - is there any chance Dawson has another year of eligibility? I was trying to see what he is up to next and I saw this:
https://www.chill.us/sports/2018/5/07/l ... oop-dreams

Nice story - but I thought Dawson was done at CSUN. Is the author just confused or is there a chance we could get another year of TDAw?
Quote
Like
Share

NorRidgLum
Member
Joined: January 4th, 2008, 7:24 am

May 12th, 2018, 3:41 pm #59

csunfoley wrote: Speaking of long shots - is there any chance Dawson has another year of eligibility? I was trying to see what he is up to next and I saw this:
https://www.chill.us/sports/2018/5/07/l ... oop-dreams

Nice story - but I thought Dawson was done at CSUN. Is the author just confused or is there a chance we could get another year of TDAw?
My recollection of Dawson is that his four years of eligibility have been used. His first season, a Freshman in the 2014-2015 season, was mired in an academic cheating scandal (along with seven other teammates). Coach Theus "benched" all eight of the players in the hopes that they could retain a year's eligibility. As it turns out, this manouevre only worked for one player (I think it was Jerron Wilbut). Everyone else lost a year's eligibility. So Dawson is done and I am sad that he had to go through that experience. He was a great player.
Quote
Like
Share

parkj19
Member
Joined: August 22nd, 2013, 10:39 pm

May 12th, 2018, 3:59 pm #60

Yeah, while it would be nice, I think this reporter (as well as Verbal Commits) is confused because of Dawson's loss of a year of eligibility that first year... VC has had Dawson's year wrong for the last few years, but he had always been listed as becoming a senior last year by CSUN....and he would be on the 2018-19 roster that is already posted on the Matador athletics site, if he were really still in school as a senior this coming year (But, he is not listed on next year's roster). The team and the fans will miss him.
Quote
Like
Share