THE BROADCASTER'S TALE

goodhand234

August 8th, 2018, 4:53 pm #1

CSUN Play By Play Broadcaster Ghizal Hasan gives his thoughts and observations on an early Men's BB work out. I was in attendance and think his report is spot on!

parkj19

August 8th, 2018, 5:33 pm #2

Thanks for sharing this...in the off season, there's not much basketball to hear about, and with such a new team (Coaches and players), it's great to get some news of what's happening. It sounds like a promising start to a new era of CSUN basketball.

Any idea if there are any more sessions planned, and are they open to the public?

csunoldschool

August 8th, 2018, 9:04 pm #3

Nice to hear that Blair Orr is in the mix and physically more fit. He’s a great kid. We’ll need his senior leadership.

goodhand234

August 8th, 2018, 9:20 pm #4

Thanks parkj19. Ghizal did a good job and I'm happy to share it. Work outs/practice on a limited basis will be on going. Practices aren't normally open to the public but it could happen from time to time. 

I totally agree with you Oldschool regarding Blair Orr!

csunfoley

August 9th, 2018, 11:46 am #5

Great! Love to hear how the practices are going. We never get this kind of info. Good news about Ochieng - we need him to be good this year (Orr too, but we kind of know his game already). 

So Goodhand - sounds like you have some observations of your own - care to share?

goodhand234

August 9th, 2018, 2:32 pm #6

My observations are very much in line with Ghizal's. I will post any news on open practices!

perspixx
Administrator
perspixx
Administrator

August 9th, 2018, 7:19 pm #7

if Kaba still doesn't have the shot-blocking instinct that a man his size is supposed to have, I'm worried it's never going to come out.

We'll see what this recruiting class does. Ochieng sounds good up front and Henderson can shoot outside... who can crack things open off the dribble?

NorRidgLum

August 9th, 2018, 11:22 pm #8

Thank you AZ for posting GH's observations.  Reading GH's opinion and knowing both of you to be level headed, rational analysts, is a great comfort to the Matador fans as we approach a new year with a new coaching staff (top to bottom) and 8 new players.  Go 'Dors!

August 10th, 2018, 8:34 am #9

Elijah being a beast defensively is absolutely not a surprise. Dude puts his assignment on shackles everytime he matches up and isn't afraid of banging in the post (shut down Kaelen Allen of Westchester, a 6'6 C that's built like a damn NFL player). 

Glad to see Ochieng also putting in work. Curious on how Darius did facilitating with his new team. 

goodhand234

August 10th, 2018, 12:36 pm #10

Hi everyone. Ghizal and I truly appreciate your kind words. Many of you may follow him on Tweeter. For those who don't here's his Tweeter information. Ghizal Hasan

@GhizalHasan. Feel free to reach out to him!