Riley Welch to transfer

Eatersto1

May 10th, 2018, 12:55 pm #11

gouci wrote:
SocalBrett wrote:
gouci wrote: If Welch would rather be a scholarship player on a last place team then be part of an UCI championship team then good riddance to him.
By the way, I strongly disagree with you here.  There is nothing wrong with wanting to be on scholarship.  Plus, Riley probably feels he can make that last place team a first place team.  
Then we disagree cuz if Welch would rather be a scholarship player for No Where U or No Where state then get an UCI degree than I think he's making a mistake.
You also have to factor in other things such as if he's able to keep up academically at UCI, or if he prefers to study something else or lessen the study load somewhere else. And also there could sudden financial needs for a scholarship he likely would not receive at UCI to lessen the financial burden of school.

localyokel

May 12th, 2018, 2:35 pm #12

Good riddance? Good grief.

I’ll be rooting for him as well. Nothing wrong with wanting a scholarship and wanting to play. Kid played hard. His highlights:

UCIEATER

May 16th, 2018, 11:34 am #13

I liked his poise. Obviously had high IQ with his Dad in the picture. Was looking forward to seeing him grow but best of luck to Riley