Braswell returns to the BW

Sparky
Member
Sparky
Member
Joined: August 3rd, 2017, 10:31 am

May 16th, 2018, 7:26 am #1

According to a rumor on the LB board, Bobby Braswell will be a new assistant at LB this season. For those who dont remember that far back, prior to his 17 years at CSUN, Bobby started his college coaching career as an assistant for three years at LB under Joe Harrington.
Quote
Like
Share

GauchoFreg
Member
Joined: March 29th, 2007, 6:22 pm

May 16th, 2018, 8:28 am #2

That's a great hire.  One thing that came out of the Theus fiasco is a greater appreciation of what Braswell was able to accomplish at CSUN.  
Quote
Like
Share

hoops
Member
hoops
Member
Joined: September 23rd, 2017, 6:35 pm

May 16th, 2018, 10:16 am #3

Agree with GF, Braswell took the Matadors to the NCAA tournament twice.  Braswell was Brandon Martin's high school coach.  Maybe some bad blood on BM's part
since Martin fired Braswell before he (Martin) actually even started as CSUN's A.D.  Very disrespectful towards a coach with 17 years at the school.  Karma!
Not that easy to waltz right out and find another Athletic Director role.  Great addition for Long Beach if true.
Quote
Like
Share

Eatersto1
Legend
Joined: June 2nd, 2013, 9:01 pm

May 16th, 2018, 10:29 am #4

It's good that Braswell is back in the BW. He wasted his time at UTEP.
Quote
Like
Share

BeefEater2
Legend
Joined: December 24th, 2011, 4:57 pm

May 16th, 2018, 4:02 pm #5

Maybe he just wants to stick it to CSUN for a year or two before the LBSU staff is disbanded and replaced, then latch on to another West coast job somewhere. 
Quote
Like
Share

Eatersto1
Legend
Joined: June 2nd, 2013, 9:01 pm

May 16th, 2018, 5:54 pm #6

BeefEater2 wrote: Maybe he just wants to stick it to CSUN for a year or two before the LBSU staff is disbanded and replaced, then latch on to another West coast job somewhere. 
Which are the most vulnerable west coast jobs outside the Big West?
Quote
Like
Share

BeefEater2
Legend
Joined: December 24th, 2011, 4:57 pm

May 16th, 2018, 6:07 pm #7

Eatersto1 wrote:
BeefEater2 wrote: Maybe he just wants to stick it to CSUN for a year or two before the LBSU staff is disbanded and replaced, then latch on to another West coast job somewhere. 
Which are the most vulnerable west coast jobs outside the Big West?
He probably won't land another DI head coaching job, but he can hop around as an assistant. 
Quote
Like
Share

gauchodan
Legend
Joined: January 22nd, 2008, 7:16 pm

May 16th, 2018, 8:10 pm #8

Which of Long Beach's body games pays Braswell's salary?
https://rpiupdatemenssoccer.blogspot.com/
Quote
Like
Share

GauchoSoul
Member
Joined: June 29th, 2011, 4:21 am

May 16th, 2018, 8:18 pm #9

gauchodan wrote: Which of Long Beach's body games pays Braswell's salary?
LB is going to add 1-2 more bodybag games per season to compensate.
Monson will just add another team to their death march in December. 
Whats the big deal.  On the way back, they make a quick stopover to Villanova or one of the Carolina schools.

No biggie.
Quote
Like
Share

Sparky
Member
Sparky
Member
Joined: August 3rd, 2017, 10:31 am

May 17th, 2018, 8:39 am #10

GauchoSoul wrote:
gauchodan wrote: Which of Long Beach's body games pays Braswell's salary?
LB is going to add 1-2 more bodybag games per season to compensate.
Monson will just add another team to their death march in December. 
Whats the big deal.  On the way back, they make a quick stopover to Villanova or one of the Carolina schools.

No biggie.
In case you didn't hear, Monson's new contract removes the compensation going directly from money games to Monson. But, I hear that UCI's Turner is getting a cut of his money games now, maybe that is why UCI played the toughest schedule in the conference last season. LB played the #111 ranted schedule in the OOC last season, maybe it is time to move on.
Quote
Like
Share