Looking for a german shepherd

pingu35

8:50 AM - Aug 10, 2017 #1

Hi
Im new here love2 and looking for a german shepherd or german shepherd x to be a companion dog :minigsd paw: and to also take to work with me,a dog that is calmer not to boistorous,short haired and just wants to be with you,i know it may take a while but i can wait for the right dog to come along

Q: Where do you live & how far you are prepared to travel to look at suitable dogs? i live in wiltshire will travel for the right dog

Q: Are you looking for a dog or a bitch and what age range will you consider? (Please give min & max ages to be considered) Any other preferences?
preferably a female but would look at a male if were good for each other lol puppy to 4 years old
Q: Do you have children living at home or frequently visiting? If so please give details of how many, their ages, or when they visit, etc.
2 visiting grandchildren 9 and 10
Q: Do you have other pets in your home that your dog will come into contact with and will need to be safe with? Please mention all pets, not just dogs and cats. 2 cats that i look after on regular occasions when my daughter is away

Q: Do you have other dogs? If so, please give us brief details about them eg, if spayed/neutered, age, how long you've had them, temperament and what you're looking for in a furry friend for them? no other dogs

Q: Do you have any other requirements? e.g. if leaving the dog at home during the day, for how long? If you plan to take the dog in the car does he/she need to travel well? Plus anything else you can think of as relevant. needs to travel well as we camp alot,must be ok to be left if you need to go out for a few hours but would come to work with me

:GSD: if you require any more information please let me know
Last edited by pingu35 on 12:21 PM - Aug 10, 2017, edited 8 times in total.

gtrmacs
GSD Annointed Member
GSD Annointed Member
gtrmacs
GSD Annointed Member
GSD Annointed Member

10:48 AM - Aug 10, 2017 #2

Hi, welcome - lovely to meet you, congratulations on thinking of a rescue :BIGGSD_Welcome:

You'll need to keep checking back to see which dogs are coming in - prob'ly the easiest way is to click 'Active Topis' at the top of each page :thumbs up:

but off the top of my head, have you seen Hayden (you can click the blue links) ?? Anne and Bronte say he's a very lovely boy, and he's a favourite with the Mutts staff :heart: Prob'ly a malinois cross??

Or Marmo, not exactly short-haired but looks like a really super boy :minigsd paw: ??

Stay in touch, keep us posted with how your search is going :wave:
Last edited by gtrmacs on 10:53 AM - Aug 10, 2017, edited 2 times in total.
Take care . . .

Tasha and Brian - with Charley

Charley, previous and friends

God Made the earth, the sky and the water, the moon and the sun. He made man and bird and beast. But He didn't make the dog. He already had one. Native American saying

icci
GSD Addict
GSD Addict

11:39 AM - Aug 10, 2017 #3

Good luck with your search. I hope you find your companion soon :)
This too shall pass

My beautiful girls,their paw prints remain forever in my heart

pingu35

12:23 PM - Aug 10, 2017 #4

Hi

Thankyou for pictures of both dogs i had a look at hayden he is lovely but said he needs an energetic home,i will keep looking thankyou :GSD:

Hi Sorry dont mean to be thick how do i do active topics thankyou
Last edited by pingu35 on 12:28 PM - Aug 10, 2017, edited 1 time in total.

icci
GSD Addict
GSD Addict

1:51 PM - Aug 10, 2017 #5

When you log into the forum, you will see a blue heading, at the top of each page, that says 'Go to active topics'. Just click that.
This too shall pass

pingu35

2:00 PM - Aug 10, 2017 #6

Ahh got it thankyou x

icci
GSD Addict
GSD Addict

3:04 PM - Aug 10, 2017 #7

Don't forget to read through all the pages with dogs of the age you are interested in. Your perfect furball may have been sitting waiting for you, for a long time and have dropped down the list and not show up on active topics :running dog:
This too shall pass

pingu35

4:17 PM - Aug 10, 2017 #8

Hi

Ok thankyou i will do that this evening when i get home

Thanks again :yay:

Pamela
Dogmatic Poster
Dogmatic Poster
Pamela
Dogmatic Poster