Information: This board is currently read-only.

Zoom Radio

moregon
Advanced Member

June 17th, 2014, 2:22 pm #1

I just listened to a recording of the June 8, 2014 broadcast of "The Conspiracy Show" broadcast which airs on CFZM 740 AM out of Toronto Canada. In the third segment of the show the host is talking to a guest about some college kids being killed in Russia in 1959. There have been a number of different theories regarding who or what may have killed them, but the most recent claim made me take special note.

The guest mentions that SHE SAW the documentary presented that presumably lays the blame on the Yeti as being the killer, and said SHE was unconvinced that a Yeti was involved. The guest's name is Rosemary Ellen Guiley and billed as a paranormal investigator. Some of her ideas seem pretty far out there, so I was surprised that she wasn't quick to condemn the Yeti as well, but displayed some level headed thinking to why she didn't agree with the newest theory.

Can anyone here shed some light on the "Documentary", or more information surrounding the case?

If you want to listen to this interview go to this web page:

http://www.zoomerradio.ca/shows/the-con ... -june-8th/

and start listening at the 1:20:30 mark, it's maybe about 3 1/2 minutes of the entire show so not a long listen.

keilder
Advanced Member

June 17th, 2014, 3:22 pm #2

They are referring to The Dyalov Pass Incident M, nobody really knows what happened.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_Pass_incident

I watched that documentary and it was laughable, as they used Ivan Marx images to support their claims LOL!!

There was a film made about this last year and it was pretty good, if you ever have the chance to watch it, it’s worth a night in with your feet up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil%27s_Pass

Susan
Advanced Member

June 18th, 2014, 4:20 am #3

Yeah, I've heard of this story too. Really strange stuff, people wandering out of the tent in the middle of the night and taking off all their clothes. People being struck or beaten by something huge. I think the consensus is they don't know what happened. I might have to watch that movie you linked, Keilder.....I wonder if it's on Netflix?

It is! :thumbs:

Redwolf
Advanced Member

June 18th, 2014, 7:05 pm #4

I watched a documentary on this one a few years back. I have never felt this was a yeti attack :blink: . I always thought it had something to do with government tests and then a cover up. The witnesses who saw the bodies claim they were a "deep brown tanned" and there were high doses of radioactive contamination on the clothes.

St Petersburg Times http://www.sptimes.ru/story/25093?page=1#top

Susan
Advanced Member

June 20th, 2014, 2:47 am #5

Yeah, I agree, I never thought it was a yeti attack either. But it sure is strange......

Bukwas
Advanced Member

June 20th, 2014, 3:53 am #6

Yeah, I watched the "Killer Yeti" (Dyatlov Pass Incident), both shows actually.

A lot was left out or changed for entertainment purposes, the incident was NEVER made top secret by the government, they did shut down that area for awhile to keep it from happening again so they wouldn't have to use expensive army resources.
I think the photograph is one of the skiers. No one until now has used the YETI theory, it's mostly been government testing, paranormal and avalanche theories. Most of the skiers died from exposure, the ones who had internal injuries was from the fall into the crevice and the girl DID NOT have her tongue ripped out, it was part of nature doing it's thing to a body in water, normal. The only thing that has been a real mystery is why they left the tent.
Here's the possible answer.

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2014/01/i ... -incident/

And no, it wasn't me farting in the tent that caused everyone to leave in a panic. I've been cleared already.. ^_^

Susan
Advanced Member

June 21st, 2014, 6:24 pm #7

wrote:And no, it wasn't me farting in the tent that caused everyone to leave in a panic. I've been cleared already.. ^_^
Well that would have been MY first guess...... :lol:

Infrasound............Hmmmmmmmm..... :scratch: Now where have I heard that before? ;)

Susan
Advanced Member

June 25th, 2014, 5:01 am #8

I'm watching this now.......Buk and Keilder, did you catch the two white yeti creatures in the background when the blonde girl and Jensen are sitting in the snow talking about their dreams? Freaky!!!

Ok, that movie went in a completely different direction than I expected! :blink:

keilder
Advanced Member

June 25th, 2014, 6:45 pm #9

It's been a while since I watched it, but i don't recall that. It does have an interesting twist which I thought fitted in nicely with this thread, as they kept somewhat close to what is known.

Red pretty much nailed it.

I still enjoyed that film, what did you think?

EDIT: I decided to watch it again and caught it 37:45, I never seen that bit before. Good catch.

Susan
Advanced Member

June 25th, 2014, 9:02 pm #10

I enjoyed it. I read some comments by people who saw the movie and they said those creatures were not Yetis but were the two emaciated "creatures" that had escaped the underground facility by the soldier who left the door open.

*******Spoiler Alert********

Don't read past this if you don't want the movie spoiled.........

The whole time loop with the worm hole/Philadelphia experiment thing was a bit hard to follow. People are saying the creatures that attack Holly and Jensen in the facility are in fact Holly and Jensen who went through the worm hole and ended up coming out in 1959 vastly changed. Finding the second camera on the table was strange too, how would it still have working batteries after that many years? Even if the facility had been abandoned some years in the past, those batteries wouldn't have lasted more than a few weeks with any charge in them unless they had been replaced very recently. In essence, the two characters of Holly and Jensen were on an unlimited time loop, they were there to lead the two human characters into the door that had the worm hole so they could then exist again back in 1959. Intriguing and strange story but one that did fit the evidence left by the real 1959 students, although with some fantastical elements added.

That little snippet at time code 37:45 had me constantly scanning the ridges and snow beyond the hikers after that to see if there were more of them lurking about. It had me firmly believing they were going to be attacked by some Yeti creatures up until they found the door and facility inside.