Information: This board is currently read-only.
keilder
Advanced Member

June 25th, 2014, 11:41 pm #11

What Susie said on the spoiler alert.

Simply the Russians were just continuing the experiments from the Eldridge in a more controlled secret location – It was radar cloaking not teleportation if I recall. The camera raised an eye with me as soon as I seen it as I thought that also!! But they them selves become the story by creating a paradox. Once the guard opened the door they in that form had the ability to bounce back to 1959 kill the students and start the scene of events all over again, why they themselves were never attacked until the time was correct.

If you recall the elderly woman they interviewed who said there were 9 bodies? At the end she appears as a young woman and is chased by the guards.

I even liked the explanation of the orange lights in the sky when they set off their flares and one of them goes “Orange lights in the sky”. It’s not perfect and as you and I and others have noticed has a few grey areas! But I knew about the Dyalov pass incident previous so watched it purely for that reason and found it enjoyable none the less.

I think the writer did a fairly good job, regardless of what some of the critics said. I guess s/he had to smudge over the battery issue as if they had a spare and had of replaced it, they could have seen what was about to unfold.

I did that also for a bit after I downloaded again and scanned through to 37:45 then started jumping ahead quickly doing the same, then thought ah I can’t be bothered., but I’m now going to save this with Sweet Prudence and The Werewolf and the Yeti

When I first watched this last year, I also was under the impression of Yetis with the footprints.

If you want a good laugh! I really laughed my socks off at this one; it’s Spanish with English subs but stick with it, as the humour in places is so dry.

Attack of the Werewolves (Game of Werewolves) or Lobos de Arga

Right I'm going to watch Howling V - The Rebirth, I know it's old but hell I like old Castles, Snow and theres a werewolf.

Susan
Advanced Member

June 26th, 2014, 5:00 am #12

Spoiler alert!!!!

Yeah, I caught the fact that the old woman said she found 11 bodies instead of 9 and that she was one of the searchers in 1959. The footprints totally threw me off because they looked like bare human prints with an arch. I figured either the movie makers did not know what a bigfoot/yeti print should look like OR that the footprints were in fact human. Now it makes sense when they said the prints looked as if they just appeared out of nowhere (tracks starting in the middle of the snow), they were the two creatures teleporting.

I've only seen the first Howling movie with Dee Wallace and that was YEARS ago while babysitting. We never had cable when I was young and I could only watch those kinds of movies while babysitting (kids were in bed).

keilder
Advanced Member

June 26th, 2014, 10:31 am #13

Yeah, that’s pretty much it.

Neither did we with cable back in those days! I read The Howling way before watching the film and while hiking back then. The others that followed after that were pretty crud but I recalled V and thought hey that wasn’t arf bad so wanted to watch it again.

Something weird happened while I was reading that book hiking, if I have time I’ll type it and either PM or post in pvt as I don’t wish it in the open.